If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

100% Orange Juice

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Hot on the heels of finally beating Summer Beast at Hyper difficulty, I've been trying to beat Summer Beast at Hyper difficulty using the achievement challenge condition of letting her get off five rampages.

The first attempt, in the last post, aaaaaaaaaalmost succeeded. Two more attempts today ended in just unspectacular failure.

More failure.
  • edited 2019-07-29 07:28:24
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    More attempts to get the hype beast's achievement, all ending in failure.

also lost two PVP matches.

Still a decent evening though since I got all my dailies done and I also played a single-player match by which I unlocked a special outfit for Miusaki.
    Giant failure reel of five long and strategically planned matches trying to get the latest co-op achievement -- letting Summer Beast Rampage five times before winning.

...followed by three matches of something refreshingly different.
  • edited 2019-08-15 08:14:03
    2 wins and 1 loss in pvp today. (All other matches co-op.) Second win was kinda undeserved, against a noob and two CPUs. But then again, I've gotten losses I didn't deserve either, such as joining on the last chapter of a match and promptly losing, so...

Better abbreviations for roles -- ignore the arbitrary 3-letter restriction.

atk
    def/guard
    sup/heal
    avng
    deal
  • edited 2019-08-17 06:36:14
    Three co-op games, and two pvp games of which I lost one and won one. I got very lucky as Sham and it was a really smooth match.
  • edited 2019-08-26 05:05:23

Won 1 of 1 match today. Will probably add more later.

Edit: played four more matches today. Somehow, I won all four of them.

I guess I currently have a 6-match winning streak.
    Someone mentioned some interesting co-op strats that I hadn't heard of before, so I guess I'm back to playing co-op.

• edited 2019-09-02 04:29:52
    Finally ended up pvp winning streak, after 8 consecutive wins.

One pvp win, one PVP loss, one co-op win.

• edited 2019-09-07 05:59:44
    And one more match!

Tomomo (not me), Tomomo (me), NoName (CPU, player joined ch 12), Natsumi
    Sealed Archive - Regeneration, Backtrack, Freeze
    1st Tomomo (me), 2nd NoName, 3rd Tomomo (not me), 4th Natsumi

Sealed Archive is a big map and we basically just all minded our own business for most of the match...and at the end Natsumi decided to start fighting me. Natsumi almost succeeded, if not for the fact that she heals me. She did manage to bring me down to 1 HP...though that meant I was left with 2 HP since she heals me after the battle, and I couldn't properly suicide by using Lonely Chariot.

FYI Lonely Chariot

But I gambled and played it anyway, and ended my turn with 1 HP, hoping Natsumi wouldn't catch up. Unfortunately, Natsumi rolled well enough to catch up...but fortunately, she rolled a 2 to attack which I dodged (it was either dodge or die since I was at 1) and then I counterattacked and successfully KO'd her. Since I was in the lead in stars and on the verge of winning at that point already, that put me over the top, and I won on the next turn, as expected.

I was at 190 stars at the time, but the chapter bonuses were 6 stars so I couldn't win the next turn anyway, so if Natsumi didn't reach me, I'd have taken the long way to home, died along the way, then revived and hopefully hit some bonus panels. On the other hand, if I lost the battle, Natsumi would have been catapulted to the lead in stars, gaining 95 stars plus more from the bonus panel and leaving me with 95, putting me in last place in stars though I think I was technically still at level 5. But coming back from that loss would require either the boss or me KOing the other characters because I think NoName was already at 144 stars and the other Tomomo was also at 100+ stars. My winning would still have been possible, though, given Sealed Archive's immense map size, but far, far less likely.

For what it's worth, as I explained in an earlier post, Tomomo is basically a glass cannon. She's got a menacing +2 ATK but at 4 HP and with +0 DEF and +0 EVD she's basically got no protective measures to back that up. And if she gets KO'd her 6 REC means she stays down longer on average. Compare Sora, who's 4 HP with +1/0/+1 (ATK/DEF/EVD) and the usual 5 REC, who can at least dodge some chip damage, Suguri (4 HP +1/-1/+2 5 REC) who is also a glass cannon but has mad evasion skills, Saki (4 HP 0/0/+1 4 REC) and Ceoreparque (4 HP 0/0/+1 5 REC) who instead can negate chip damage and have better recovery, and Yuki (5 HP +2/-1/-1 5 REC) who at least has more HP to endure hits and also has better recovery though she's even worse at her DEF and EVD and thus is basically the other main glass cannon.

(There's also Star Breaker, 5 HP +2/0/-1 5 REC, who has stats strictly better than Yuki's and almost strictly better than Tomomo's but she is entirely unable to use stars norma which is often severely crippling because it forces her to fight things and probably die a lot in the process.)
  • edited 2019-09-10 08:43:38
    Two losses and one win in PVP.

I wasn't entirely playing to win in these matches, nor were the other players. One of them was going for a cosmetic that is unlocked by beating up enemies with Poppo masks, so I purposely refrained from fighting said opponent.

The Poppo masks are a thing because it's a Poppo event again! So all CPU opponents are Poppo, and Poppo is temporarily unlocked for everyone. And, in the tradition of Poppo events, there's one new Poppo costume, the fifth of the series. You get it by playing as Tux Poppo while beating the Star Devourer boss, on any difficulty. This took us two tries.

I don't know how we lost that first one. Normal difficulty should be a walk in the park for basically any role/character pool. Though maybe Star D just is more difficult at low levels. I think it's a combination of Starbo being knocked out a lot and other inefficiencies, that caused us to fail. Note that at atk03 Starbo didn't yet have the ability to go first in battle.

Anyway, we took down the boss far easier the second time around.
  • edited 2019-09-26 04:41:22
    just some co-op today. probably done for the week.

One loss and two wins in pvp; two wins in co-op.

• edited 2019-09-26 05:29:36
    Two second-place losses in pvp today.

Also, CPU players are no longer all Poppo, but just random characters wearing Poppo masks.
    One spectacularly memorable loss in a day of all co-op matches.
  • edited 2019-09-30 05:02:17
    Three co-op games today.

First two games had way high ping.

Last game was me helping out some folks who needed Evil Poppo skin, which is gotten by beating Star D while playing as Tux Poppo. Poppo has crap attack, so I played Kae, enjoyed some spectacular damage-dealing moments, and helped them win the thing easily.
  • edited 2019-09-30 05:14:53
    Today's failure reel: 7 more PVP losses. PVP Losing streak is now 9.

lolwtf

PVP losing streak: 13
  • edited 2019-10-27 10:04:51

Finally, after 15 losses, I won something in PvP. And not even a match I expected to win either -- there's too few battle panels in Shipyard for me to think of it as a good map for Star Breaker.

On the other hand, I probably made some bad decisions with the first two matches -- such as not keeping a RAF as Kae (though it's unlikely I would have played it against the mook I lost to, since I think I drew it after the boss was dead, and I think said mook was a Chicken), and there was one moment in the latter match when I passed up the opportunity to fight CPU Marc (then an encounter panel) since I was at 1 HP and instead bet that CPU Marc wouldn't fight me, but she did anyway.

Well I made some bad decisions in the other 13 losses too, so yeah. Though I've also made some bad decisions in matches I ended up winning, so...
  • edited 2019-10-29 03:26:03

One win, one loss.

This second match was a great example of Clover + Random Warp = Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan. For a while, we were all stuck on different normas -- QPD on level 1, having a ton of stars but trying to get home at all; Marc on level 4, having rocketed her opponents into a lead, Fernet on level 3, and Sherry (me) on level 2, with me and Fernet sharing QPD's problem. Eventually, Marc reached level 5 with 14 victory points, while QPD -- armed with two Dangerous Puddings -- got to 10 victory points. Despite threatening to win for a while, Marc still was unable to actually get home to win, due to Random Warp relocating everyone every 5 turns, and one time she was about to win, Fernet played a Here & There against her which also random-warped everyone...and I think by that time QPD was also threatening a win (also with 14 victory points), but then Random Warp shoved her away from _her_ home as well. Meanwhile, I didn't have much luck during the rest of the game, getting bodied by the boss, by QPD (twice), and even by some mooks, but I apparently managed to get back enough stars to be in contention.

On the final chapter, Marc landed 4 spaces away from her home panel...but before she could win, I (already at level 5) had just about the minimum 200 stars needed to win, and I rolled perfectly (specifically a 6) to win on someone else's home. I remarked afterwards, "I have no idea what just happened".
    Just some co-op today

Lots of co-op and only co-op.

• edited 2019-11-11 16:02:04
    I played like five co-op games last night. Actually newly got an achievement for beating Big the Jonathan on Hyper difficulty. Also failed against M10 Hyper (though we were close) and Big the Jonathan Hyper before that.

The neat thing is that we had a team with one newbie and two people who barely talked (at least one of them said it's because they speak Chinese and are using a translator service).

We (though a different team) also managed to get one somewhat-difficult win against Big the Haruo on Normal, before all that. It was on Lagoon Flight CO so her little chickens were hard to catch.

Co-op seems to be somewhat less played these days which is a bit of a shame, because I do like both modes. Found myself to be playing co-op more than pvp to some extent, after co-op got released.
    3 more co-op wins today.

CPU was a combination of useful and counterproductive, but ended up actually getting the winning kill on the boss in the second match, by playing Do Pirates Fly In The Sky?.

Anyway, now I'm done buying up all the Halloween event cosmetics. I had a couple left over from whenever they ran something with event currency last, that I didn't have the money to buy, but this time I played enough to clean them out.
  • edited 2019-11-23 09:26:34
    Playing less often lately. Event ended, and Steam botched its library.

Mira (atk17) (me), Natsumi (heal14) (CPU), Sora-M (heal09), Yuuki (def14) (player joined ch 10)
    Training Program CO - M10 Robot Extreme
    Win on chapter 24
  • edited 2019-11-27 07:02:23
    Tomomo-CSE (atk11), Sora-M (def05), Yuki (heal21) (me), Saki (deal24) (CPU, player joined ch 6)
    Pudding Chase CO - Summer Beast Extreme
    loss on chapter 43

Star Breaker (atk11), Nath (heal21) (me), Miusaki (avng25), Kyoko (heal04)
    Lagoon Flight CO - Big the Jonathan Extreme
    win on chapter 18

Ceoreparque (heal25) (player joined ch 1), Kae (atk25), Tomato+Mimyuu (heal22) (me), SuguriV2 (def25)
    Farm CO - Big the Haruo Extreme
    Win on chapter 18

Ain't enough people playing co-op lately so I've been playing more of it.