If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    done with Asterisk War's second season.

this was surprisingly engaging. the second season had a lot less awkward harem antics and a lot more intrigue and political dealings and some darker themes going on, developing greatly on various hints dropped early in the first season. things were a lot more exciting and interesting overall. some plot events/details suggest much larger things yet to come, though unfortunately we won't get to see them in the absence of a third season (or buying the VNs beyond volume six, or so I've heard). someone on MAL commented that apparently this show is rather faithful to the source material (not that I could tell).

overall it seems that the first season is setup, and the second season is still setup but the action starts happening. the first season is weighed down by a bunch of irritating romance/fanservice scenes, while the second season isn't and has a lot more exciting intrigue. 6/10 and 7/10 respectively. (I increased the first season from a 5 to a 6 because my opinion of it improved after i watched the dub and got more out of it than when i watched the sub.)
    Well I just started Symphogear G.

I mean I had "Exterminate" in my head all day and it'll take me an entire cour to get to it...
  • edited 2019-06-03 12:58:54
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    kimi no tame ni UTAE-TAI YO~

is this just "14w responds to GMH threads with lyrics" day

You know I have never listened to all 4 Symphogear OPs in a row. Not once. I will now remedy that.

Oh, the PSV Otome VN Collar X Malice is getting an anime, I'm mildly interested in seeing where this goes.
    "Vitalization" is better in context than I first thought it would be, I'll admit that.

Anyhow, responding to me with lyrics is a bad idea since I will simply osaka-stare you.

• You know I have never listened to all 4 Symphogear OPs in a row. Not once. I will now remedy that.

where does symphogear xd fit into all this

• edited 2019-06-04 04:47:00
    I'm not sure it counts, but I guess it must.
    Anyhow, responding to me with lyrics is a bad idea since I will simply osaka-stare you.

These lyrics are iconic, GMH. I-CO-NIC.

CDJ keeps sending me e-mails for new volumes of Egao no Daika: Emotional Side before they're actually up on the site which is odd.
    isn't it a-i-ko-ni-ku
  • edited 2019-06-07 00:10:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So for the purpose of a certain MAL thread I went through a list of all 2018 anime and picked out what I might be interested in watching. Items in parentheses are "maybe". Item with asterisk is watched already.

Violet Evergarden
    A Place Further than the Universe
    (Laid-Back Camp)
    Grand Blue
    Cells at Work
    FranXX
    (Piano no Mori)
    (Dragon Pilot)
    (P5)
    Nanoha Detonation
    Beatless*
    (Magical Girl Site)
    (Million Arthur)
    Record of Grancrest War
    (Between the Sky and Sea)

(not counting continuing franchises with new seasons)

I wonder what this says about me.
  • What about Zombie Land Saga?
    Not currently on my radar.

I noticed that a few of these are on my radar just because you or fourteenwings has watched them, incidentally.
    I love how the OP of Symphogear G bleeds in from the BGM of the intro scene.
  • edited 2019-06-07 06:41:31
    haha i finally found the Chris eating spaghetti scene

ahaha she's extra-adorable with a slice of mushroom on her face

also she is a messy eater and leaves tons of scraps 2/10 would berate for wasting food
    Symphogear G was a surprisingly quick watch, littered with cliffhangers.

I might have given it too little time to stew though. Not sure.

Anyhow for some reason Maria feels meaningful to me.
    broke: attend events at college for free food

woke: attend festivals around town for free food

bespoke: become a food reviewer for free food

masterstroke: become a pop idol for free food
  • MVntTIz.jpg

(I don't remember what the context to this was)
  • edited 2019-06-08 01:36:00
    So I just found out that there was a reason why I felt that Kojima, Kanon's ex-boyfriend in Umi Monogatari, sounded like a girl.

He was indeed voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

Why they would ask a woman (other than Megumi Ogata) to voice a teenage boy is beyond me.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Yeah it seems hiring women to play teen boys isn't as much of a thing as hiring them to play male children.

Also maybe they went through casting without realizing they would have a male character at some point.
    (Magical Girl Site)

nooooooooooo GMH don't do it

Or actually do because I'm curious as to what your reaction would be.
  • edited 2019-06-13 20:25:39
    IJBM: I can't abbreviate Frame Arms Girl the obvious way; I have to use F.A.Girls, or else it becomes a bad joke
  • I feel like we've talked about this before.
  • edited 2019-06-14 04:06:17
    we probably have

i was just reminded of it today
  • edited 2019-06-14 04:42:48
    I think there might be actual Frame Arms Girl products that used the obvious abbreviation, but from very early on in the series. All I could find on AmiAmi is F.A.Girl minus the periods which does not look great either.
    I feel like we've talked about this before.

I definitely remember talking about it.

Meanwhile, Sylphy is the obligatory Not Hatsune Miku one of the franchise it seems.
    NaBQIia.jpg
    rHe7sEK.jpg

Speaking of Eva references, it turns out the Prism World is made up of the 7 Styles as NERV type doors and a rose on top of a river of Totally Not LCL.

Which is funny because this is a world where about 90% of the content is a kid's anime.

This is a really good episode of KING of PRISM, and I hope if more kid's shows get late-night or theatrical spinoffs in the future, they're sort of like this.
    1. amigas de manaria
    2. this is #dragongirlproblems
    3. wow this is even more #dragongirlthings
    4. this is truly a fantastic world. an unmaintained piano in the courtyard of some ruins that is exposed to the elements, including getting rained on, still functions perfectly
  • IIRC they found something like that in Mai-Otome once.
  • edited 2019-06-27 10:27:54
    I think I am inevitably not talking about whatever people are talking about in a general anime chat, specifically because they're talking about seasonals.
    It has come to my attention, by the way of like every calendar, that this cour is over.

I only watched three shows, but to be fair I did watch two cours of one. I wonder if I like, actually don't want to watch Shoumetsu Toshi or I just haven't had the time to. I'll probably try and watch some this week.
  • edited 2019-07-18 06:13:34
    Well this is a very bad thing.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20190718_34/

TL;DR someone doused the building and/or people at Kyoto Animation's office building in gasoline and lit the place on fire. At least one person is confirmed dead as a result of the incident. No word on motive but the suspect has reportedly been apprehended.
    Yeah, this is terrible. It seems at least twenty-six people have died now.

I mean, I think most of us anime fans have had an experience with KyoAni, and they are an important cornerstone of the industry. Having something like this happen is really tragic.

In the end, all we can hope for is that those involved in the incident can move on, however they feel necessary.
    Meanwhile, in things unrelated to the tragedy...

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5112/Akikan?q=akik
    wat