If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• edited 2019-06-14 19:48:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So my memory might be spotty at this point but...

At some point, I was in some sort of videogame-like scenario, where we were practicing scenarios where a player had to escape being ambushed in a building. But then that scenario somehow became "real" because were then hiding behind a ruined shed where that ambush escape practice was taking place, in some sparse snowy woods, because there was a sniper armed with explosive cannonballs that was targeting us. Imicow, I, and some girl were behind the shed, and due to our magic item that gave us +1 junior/trainee level, we were able to incorporate as a guild, which we founded right then and there, just the three of us, and which we named Mars. Then we got help from this other person, a lady with ice magic, who remotely checked out where the sniper was; he was on this island in the middle of a small lake, in the middle of the woods. He had a white tent over, and she talked about walking across the ice behind him and silently sneaking up on him. I think she did something like that, because then the sniper at that position got taken out and we were looking at that position on the island, but we found that that sniper was just some sort of automated mechanism, and then we were getting knives thrown at us from atop a hill over to the left. We went up to that mountain, and when we got there, it was actually a balcony backing up to a wall, with carpet and an upright piano. The sniper this time somehow poofed into a rat who then hid somewhere, either beneath the carpet or in the piano, and we started pulling up the carpet looking for the rat.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Someone on Discord asked me for a list of GOG games worth buying, so I gave them a list of my recommendations, and they proceeded to give me a puzzle involving picking a group of five hockey teams to face a team of aliens. I wanted to pick a lineup heavy on Florida teams but eventually I settled on a lineup mainly consisting of Wisconsin teams, as the "geographic center" stat showed me clearly.
  • is this the pitch to a space jam sequel
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    You know what guys, recently I've had a few dreams that seem to be good outlines for a story. Creepy ones, for sure.

So, in the most recent, I and another person were on a playground that in the dream had a reputation for being haunted, and we came there to investigate. I think I had read something about The X-Files shortly before, so that would explain the premise, while the playground seems to have come from an old dilapidated playground I saw the other day.

Anyways, we sat on swings and began to discuss how the locals avoid the place and so on. Then, I saw something like a visual glitch, like the image of the other person blinked, or something like that. I guess you know what I mean. So this made me suspicious and I suggested to give each other our dates of birth to make sure we're in the same reality. I gave mine. The other was wrong by about a year.

So, we discuss the matter and conclude one of us must've been shifted to some alternate reality and that, yes, the locals were on to something concerning the playground. We took a look around, but there was no other person nearby, so we look at each other and see something crawling under our skins. Skin starts to come apart at the seams and fall away, so we shed it altogether and it turns out we're some sort of humanoid lobsters on the inside.

But you know what, even though it sounds like a cross between The X-Files and The Fly, I didn't feel scared while it ran in my head. The experience was more that of bemusement, with the closest to fear that I felt was during that moment when the birth dates didn't match. I guess that's because, while I rarely ever get to actually wake from the unreality, my dreams often play out like a film I'm watching rather than stuff I'm doing.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    to give each other our dates of birth to make sure we're in the same reality

Clever.
    we're some sort of humanoid lobsters on the inside.

Somehow not a Lovecraft concept.

That is a really cool dream.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Yeah, I rate it on par with the one where I was a journalist writing an on-site report about the life on an Arctic research station, visited by a ghost of a former resident whose murder was covered up by the others, and asked to bring out the truth.

I feel a bit like my brain was nudging me towards a literary career, in vain since I don't seem to have been born with a knack for turning ideas into good writing. (While I agree it's 90% hard work, hard work has the downside that it's both hard and work.)
  • The humanoid lobsters thing sounds like a tokusatsu plot.
    Indeed it does.

I had a really expansive dream last night but all I remember is:
    • After seeing Black Panther (a movie I have never seen) in a theatre for the first time ever, I gave a less than enthusiastic review to a friend of mine. She seemed disheartened by that, so I tried to walk it back by suggesting that it was because I hadn't seen any of the other Marvel universe films.
    • Later I was playing a video game, and there was a cutscene where (Marvel) Thanos had just thrown increasingly large hammers at Princess Peach, almost defeating her. I took control of her and started loading lots of Mario Kart style shells into an even larger shell and then tossing them at Thanos.

It was a really weird dream considering I've never even seen any of the current Marvel universe movies.
  • I always find it interesting when dreaming about works I hasn't seen, I end up wondering why my mind comes up with it.

It wasn't really a dream but I was half-asleep while my rl lower back and tights hurt, and I thought that to get rid of the pain I had to get the right combination of sleeping position and minecart settings in a Pokemon puzzle that was going on in my head at the time, involving moving around minecarts, rails, switches, wooden bridges, etc., and so I'd move around irl while setting things trying to find the logic behind the connection between the puzzle and my body. Sometimes I'd realize that it made no sense, but I'd fall into it again shortly afterwards. It was a bit nauseating, but I did sleep well after a while.

Also a dream involved Insanity_Addict but I forgot what it was about.

Dream involving Imicow

I wonder about her. Specifically I wonder about her opinion on the fact that one of the new Touhou characters is a cowgirl with two noticeable protuberances on her chest that on other games would be called "breasts".
    Something involving being part of the later parts of Cross Ange, except for some reason it involved storming a Christmas shop full of mind-controlled people.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I love Urumi Ushizaki!
  • edited 2019-06-25 00:28:45
    I knew you would. I'm hyped for the full game.

Speaking of users in dreams, I dreamt of dracosketch and a user with "Naas" in their name who wasn't Naas_Human. I remember almost nothing about the dream except at different times it took place at a Mall, at a street near home, at an university's offices with me doing errands, and in Ancient Egypt that may or may not have been part of an MMORPG.
  • edited 2019-06-25 22:09:14
    I dreamt a scene from the Death Note western live-action series. It involved a young man, a white guy with a roundish face and short brown hair and some facial hair, and the distinctive white t-shirt of one of the Death Note characters, explaining details of a crime to someone in either journalism or law enforcement. He said that there was a crime but then there was separately a setup trying to frame other people for the crime. At some point, someone remarked that he was able to give a certain detail about the case that hadn't been publicly released.

Note that I have not watched Death Note, nor its adaptation (which I think is actually a movie?).

This dream was probably prompted by my mentioning Law & Order as a comparison to Psycho-Pass earlier in the day.
  • I always find it interesting when dreaming about works I hasn't seen, I end up wondering why my mind comes up with it.

That reminds me: I had a dream that told me I should find out more about Liverevolt. Because I aspire to be more hipster or something.
  • edited 2019-06-25 13:18:27
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    no that was just me whispering into your ear
    (which I think is actually a movie?).
    It was.

I had a dream recently where I and an old friend of mine had to go on a job to install some type of amazing system at a kid's birthday party. It was all housed in one of those shiny chrome briefcases, but after a while we realized we hadn't paid our subscription for the attached software and we were in Really Big Trouble because it seemed like whoever we were installing the system for dealt in illegal stuff and so it would be hard to leave and come back without it looking suspicious.

I remembered having my credit card back in the work van, so I quickly nipped back to grab it and complete the transaction, but one of the guard guys thought I was doing something untoward and grabbed me really roughly. I don't remember what happened after that.

It was really odd since I've never done a service/home-delivery type job in my life (I did build barebones websites for a while though).
  • edited 2019-06-26 17:03:30
    I had a dream involving seeing the battle lines drawn in a civil revolt in a city.

The city has a major river running through it. The bridge, or something on the bridge, has been the epicenter of the protests/revolt. A nearby building, on the south side of the river, a large restaurant building, has become a gathering place since the owner is friendly toward them. Next to it to the west, or two buildings down, is the royal palace, which is probably aligned against them, and then next to that is a major corporate office, for something like Facebook or something, and currently the two sides are fighting over this turf. Next to that, is the royal parliament, which we know to be aligned against the protesters. And so forth.

At some point, I was in that Facebook corporate office, and getting some food to eat (apparently there's just a narrow kitchen in the middle of some cubicles, with stoves and sinks and cupboards lit with fluorescent lights just all in a row, replacing some cubicles). I accidentally broke a ceramic plate, so I was using half a square plate and scooping up some peas and rice onto it.

Later, I was in a highway underpass where there were picnic tables and also some gathering of people. This was absurdly unsafe but it was just sorta taken as-is in my dream lol. Imagine, bridges above, and there's a highway running beneath them. There's pedestrian walkways above the highway, but I was in a cubbyhole where there was a picnic table, next to the highway. After I was done doing what I was doing, I got up to leave, which meant waiting for the traffic of the highway to pass (including some pretty fast-moving multi-segment trucks, and crossed over the road to a set of stairs, which led me to the pedestrian walkway above (which was still shaded by yet higher bridges that presumably held up cars; the sun could be seen shining through the gaps but it's mostly lit by yellow streetlights down here. A gathering of people had also just finished up a meeting of some sort. I went to sit down on the railing overlooking the highway, but then found that a velcro attached to a plastic flag of the United States, from a large set of flag decorations adorning the place, was stuck to my clothing. Attempting to remove the velcro I discovered that the flag was apparently entangled with a nearby flag of Pakistan, whose wire frame had gotten entangled with the plastic ribbons. A middle-aged man came by and helped me untangle them.
    seeing the battle lines drawn

It took me a second to realize you didn't mean 'dreaming about a tactical SRPG'.
    If anything it was more like a conceptual diagram along the lines of "this territory is controlled by this side" and "this territory is being fought over presently".
  • edited 2019-06-30 15:09:46
    I found the only road in the United States that goes vertically upward.

My parents and I were on a road trip. We took a detour off an expressway, into the suburbs of Lincoln, Nebraska, where we drove up a steep road (if you know anything about the real-life topography of the Great Plains this makes no sense), which went into a densely forested (if you know anything about the real-life land cover of this region that is dominated by grassland prairies and farms this makes no sense) neighborhood where the main street was lined with tightly-packed small single-family houses, and the road became steeper and steeper as we went faster and faster, and then went into a cave where it was dark as night, and the road became entirely vertical at one point, and we flew upward, leading up to a tiny crack of light right at the top of the cave, where I got out of the car and helped squeeze the car through but then I had to climb through myself, and the only foothold I had was a coffee table on the "ground", and I barely had enough space to fit the width of my head through. I climbed out of the hole and found a bright sunny day though we were on a plateau in the same type of neighborhood, surveying how we'd just sped up through the most incredible road ever.

Later, we lived on the first (right above ground) floor of a high-rise, and our unit had a small staircase and yellow walls (but I remember little else) and I happened to go to a unit on the 8th floor to look for a certain guy, but all I found was a a woman and her baby, in an apartment that was brightly and breezily lit though somewhat of a mess with toys and other things strewn around. And later, when it was raining and probably around evening in the parking lot, I ran into a man whose car was styled like an original-generation Game Boy, with the Handy Boy accessory's attachment to the controls as a spoiler for the car. I complimented him on that, and he invited me to this car show, giving me his name and this apparently autographed (by others?) copy of the show's magazine. He was also sort of a jerk in his attitude, and his car show brochure blatantly ripped off the XBox360's green-X-on-silver logo for its cover design. I later asked the front desk where he lived and apparently he lived in that same unit as I had visited earlier.
    I was a familiar to a gay couple, who happened to be urban fantasy wizard/monster hunter/etc type people.

The backstory was that originally, I was an animal familiar (a snake, to be specific, I wonder what this says about how I see myself). However, they'd taken care of me so well that I became a Real Boy. Taking care of me involved wrapping me in a nice baby blue blanket and reading me math problems (it might have been some sort of numerology magic?).

So they took me on their latest mission, which led us deep into the city's business district. This city was sort of different, because none of the buildings in it were higher than two stories. That way you could see a brilliant purple lightscape over the sky. There was a building across the road that had a main body that was almost black, with two concrete-ish silver awnings over where the windows were on each floor. I didn't see the building we were going into, though.

We went into the building, which, from the inside at least, was practically transparent. Almost every wall was a window, except for the inner offices we were going into. We were meant to be securing a laptop containing some information. I remember accidentally opening the laptop and finding a stream of some embarrassing harem anime, at which point a guard got wind of our presence.

At first I didn't get why the "guard" was a big deal, until I saw him. The guard was basically an earth-tone palette version of MetalGarurumon, but one of the guys blasted him away with his wand. When I say blast, I mean an actual explosion that sort of flew across the room and hit the guard.

Sometime later, I was reading a blog that revealed that Girls2, the dance-vocal unit, was a one time thing. This information left me somewhat devastated (thankfully it's not true).

Later still, I was driving around with one of the guys. It was raining out but I still had my window down and was leaning against it, feeling the cool spray against my face (somehow it wasn't soaking the inside of the car). In front of us was a car with another set of magic users and their own familiar; a man probably twice my size who was absorbing water through his skin and spraying it out like a fire-hose in glee.

I remember asking the wizard guy I was driving with why I didn't have any special abilities like that, then waking up.
  • edited 2019-07-06 06:00:40
    For some reason (possibly knowing something about my pagan ancestors), I was convinced I was part divine, but at some point I decided I needed to know which god I was descended from, specifically. Probably because I noticed my lack of superpowers.
    A dream involving multiple parts.

At one point I went to a church. I sat down in the pews. It was a small church, and I noticed how one row, next to the organ, seemed to have no place for the feet, then I realized how it was actually not a row but part of the organ. I was looking for some peace and quiet, but I forgot there was gonna be a 12:30 mass so everyone started coming in and it was loud and crowded, so I left. As I left, walking by the office, a middle-aged east-Asian woman who was volunteering at the church saw that I was carrying a guitar and asked me if I would play the guitar for their church services. I replied that I didn't know how to play the guitar. I was a little surprised that she, a member of my mom's church group, didn't recognize me, but also kinda glad she didn't, since I didn't know how to play the guitar.

I then walked down some paths, tree-lined and seemingly part of an older but landscape-maintained property, and saw some wild strawberries growing. I remembered that, in a prior season, there were wild blueberries. I didn't pick any of them to eat though. I later got to a place where there was a small lake in another season. It seemed like it had dried out, but when I stepped onto it, it turned out that I just stepped onto quicksand and legs were now knee-deep in sandy water, so I turned around and left.

Later, I was part of the protagonist group of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC. We were sitting down to have a meal but then realized that some small drones were following us and tracking our movements. We took them out, but one thing led to another and we ended up fighting a bunch of opponents. I was playing a boy with martial arts abilities and a stoneskin spell. Joshua Bright for some reason was drawn really weirdly (and ugly) in this version of the game.
    I was living in a vaguely gentrified artsy district, in an apartment in a space that used to be a filling station (or a gas station, if you want to be inaccurate). Basically a converted convenience store, so it was a very small space with things everywhere. Despite this, I also had some of my parents stuff down in a storage unit that was kind of carved into the ground at a slope, where the main underground fuel tanks used to be.

I was living with a best friend of mine from way back in my first two years of high school, and my... love interest, you could say, was this guy I knew back in primary school (they were both aged up).

One day, me and my roommate were sorting through some of my family's old stuff, including a canary yellow trench-coat that belonged to my mother. We were outside, because you couldn't really do this sort of thing inside the storage unit since it was tiny.

I decided to get rid of it, but my roommate reminded me that it was my only clue to finding 'Yellow Coat'. As I wondered who Yellow Coat was, I looked down the street and saw Alison Dilaurentis from PLL The Perfectionists running towards a large glass building in a heavy Uniqlo HeatTech jacket. In the original Pretty Little Liars, Alison is actually the mysterious 'Red Coat' who both helps and hinders her friends.

I didn't mention it to my friend, so we just continued sorting.

Then later on, I was with Renata and Madeleine from Big Little Lies, and Madeleine was explaining how she'd coaxed my neighbour's kid into writing a suicide note as a joke? She'd done this because she didn't like my neighbour, but then she had to go into the house and get the note out. It was hidden inside a small box of stickers and such, which she gave to me to get rid of.

I kept the box, and on yet another day when I and my roommate were sorting through old things, I looked through it. Inside was a Jessica Rabbit style animated version of Rihanna on a sticker, with the lyrics to Umbrella on it.

So I started singing Umbrella, and my friend started singing Umbrella, and some unknown cute guy was sort of staring at us and we were just kind of still singing. I guess maybe he thought we were collecting for some sort of clothing drive, because he went into his own house across the street and brought back a trash bag full of clothing.

We tried to explain that that wasn't the case, but it was too late, everybody in the neighborhood was donating.

Later, we held the clothing drive and the guy who I knew from primary school showed up and tried to take one of my (real-life) sweaters. I kind of grabbed for it and explained that the pile I was working on wasn't meant for the drive. I also noticed an old sweater of my mother's, a white knitted thing, and I couldn't bear parting with it so I took it back for sentimental purposes.

After the clothing drive, I hitched a wagon to a golf-cart and bid my roommate off, as I was moving back home.

Then I woke up.

I think I'm very attached to clothing.
  • edited 2019-08-08 13:21:23
    So I went back to university to study pure math, but I had stopped seeing the point about it, grew apathetic about it and was getting low grades.

Also I was naked in-class for much of it, fortunately in that universe being seen naked was only mildly shameful.
    This one is kind of embarrassing but; I was at a fancy house. The sort of English classical place with a main entryway staircase that led to two separate wings.

There was a party, and I was one of many (like, many, like... people had come from all over the world) for a prince or lord-type character. He didn't appear in the dream, though. He was still getting ready, probably waiting in the wings somewhere and watching us all.

Fittingly, I too was of some sort of noble lineage, though I was from another (possibly Central European?) country.

Aside form this, I mainly remember:
    • Another guy who I spoke to, but he responded in limerick form. Something about wanting "A guy who's smart, a guy who's cute, a guy whose tastes matches mine when it comes to suits."
    • Either Serena from Gossip Girl or Blake Lively who plays Serena from Gossip girl dancing with either Georgina from Gossip Girl or Michelle Trachenberg who plays Georgina from Gossip Girl. I think the implication was that they thought a party full of gay/bisexual men would be super fun but everybody there was a super-obsessive fan of Gossip Girl so they sought refuge in each other. So it turns out my brain is full of stereotypes! I think it was one of those "celebrities get paid to show up to party" things, as well.
  • edited 2020-02-24 12:37:26
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I was at this kid's toys convention with a friend of mine who was way more excited than I was because they were giving out free Kindi Kids dolls and I don't care for those but also I wanted to stop him from getting too many since like, there were kids there looking to get some too.

More importantly, for some reason at this con they were playing a commercial from the second half of Aikatsu Friends! Kagayaki no Jewel and it had Karen's brother and like, leopard print outfits for Honey Cat. I was really excited to see it.

I was trying really hard not to get spoiled before I saw this CM in it's entirety but people kept tweeting out stuff and I kept looking at my phone to see it.

I think this is because it's becoming increasingly likely that Kagayaki no Jewel will not have a second half and I've been thinking a lot about that lately.
  • So I was inside a FPS, I had to stop a corporation that was creating monsters through biological experiments, like Umbrella in Resident Evil. The enemies were zombies, mutants, insect-like creatures and I think aliens. Althought it was a FPS my "camera" and movements were as in real-life and the (world-ending?) consequences of failure were real, in fact the only indication that it was a game was that I had access to vaguely sci-fi weapons and that I could save-scum, which I had to do often because it was hard (and hectic, borderline nightmarish).

Also my family was there and I had to save them.
  • So World of Warcraft became a huge deal and so me and my friends wanted to play, this of course required internet connections which required running errands to/from this large telecommunications store to have it set up. Sometimes there would be WoW scenes but that wasn't the focus, the errands and chats with friends was.
    Eventually the setting became that of a school with lots of little children, with the underlying feeling that something was going to happen. Eventually one of the teachers takes over the school holding everyone hostage, the children are safe in the playground but they still count as hostages and can't escape, while the adults (my friends, the hostage taker and the rest of the school staff) are in an office.
    For some reason (related to something I learned in WoW or something my WoW character was (being a rogue?)) I was especially suitable to rescue them, so I enter the offices and sneak around until I reach the office room they're in. The hostage taker is sitting down at a desk close to the door with a handgun and a suicide pill at hand, I rush onward and grab her but she manages to swallow the pill, I try to make her spit it to no avail. Doing what I did counts as driving someone to suicide, and that person holding hostages at the time is not a valid defense so I go to jail for murder, though I wasn't very repentant about it. According to a hostage friend it could've turned out better if I hadn't been involved.
    There was much more to it than that (especially about the telecomm. store and WoW), it was a lenghty dream, but that's what I remember.
    Maaan I accidentally deleted this and had to write it all again.
    Ah, unfortunate. But I do appreciate you writing it all back up again.

Lately I haven't had many ridiculous dreams, just normal stuff.

The other day I was just at my old college, but my friends in this dream were a guy I knew in high school and a girl I knew in elementary school. We didn't do anything interesting, just walked around campus until it was time to head home. Me and this guy went one way, whilst the girl and another group went the other. The two of us ended up bumping into a (dream-exclusive) friend.

Something told us that he was super cool, so we tried our hardest to impress him. For some reason, this involved me pulling out my limited edition copy of Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster EP* (the two CD set). At this point we were on the roof of a lecture hall, but unlike real life some parts of it were transparent. Somebody inside kept trying to sign us something, but none of us knew any sign language, so we just moved on.

We spotted the other group on the other side of the bridge, and my house was the other way, so I said goodbye to everybody.

Then I woke up.

*In high school I used to be really into Lady Gaga.
    I was in a music/gaming store in a mall, and I was looking around at some DVDs, I think. I asked the lady working there if it was okay for me to take pictures of some stuff, and she said it was. Then I drifted into the back to look at the nerdy shirts and other apparel they had.

After a while I drifted over to the PC gaming section, and they had a bunch of new, unexplainably 8-bit games, including a Sonic the Hedgehog one with a deluxe edition. I got quite excited over this, and I even grabbed a PC gaming controller to go along with them.

Now this shop was really fancy, but the rest of the shopping mall outside of this floor was strangely run down and even dangerous. The stairs seemed to always be on a weird edge and the elevators had a floor that was like a 1/4 circle and could barely hold two people and basically no walls. They were also clearly rusted.

Still, I and my two friends (can't remember who) took the stairs down to another floor, but we wanted to go to a store that was... um... at the bottom of a cliff? And the elevator here wasn't even an actual elevator, it was just free-form climbing down a formation of clay soil and hoping we didn't die. After a while, like, just post-lowering myself onto the "elevator", I decided not to risk my life anymore and gave up, then I woke up.