If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    it's one of those things that's best in moderation, I'd say.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ I'm willing to agree with that.
  • edited 2019-03-07 05:32:47
    I too like it when it rains, it's soothing. Also it's good for the plants. It's only rained a couple times these last months though.

I just read someone mention that it's in your 20s when you come to understand the effects the passage of time has on your life. It's the most relatable thing I've read in a while.

Edit: Also, I need new glasses.
    the effects the passage of time has on your life

I wouldn't say this exactly, but I've become much more aware of the past in the last two or three years than I used to be. I can paint the last two years in large distinctive swathes, based on things that happened and other things I experienced.

Kind of related; one of my most vivid memories from my childhood is of when I was 10 years old and I just randomly realized that I was well and truly genuinely going to die one day. I was really shocked for about 10 seconds, then I kind of accepted it.
    Somebody tried to steal a hubcap off my car.

I mean I didn't catch them in the act, but when I left it I'm 100% sure it was on right and when I got back it was out of the wheel and bent out of shape. The only reason it didn't come off is because my dad always cable-ties them on for this specific situation.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Does this happen often, or is your dad just that kind of person?
    The latter.
  • Your dad knows how to prepare.

Anyhows, I've got non-mobile internet connection again, I gotta make use of this opportunity to become powerful.

Speaking of becoming powerful, I tried my hand at textbooks the other day(s) and I feel I'm getting rusty, especially lineal algebra.
    That's good to hear.

I thought I'd be much rustier at certain financial math stuff after taking a six month break, but it all came back pretty easily. I actually had a much harder time with certain theoretical concepts.
  • Huh, so 40+ people were killed in what turned out to be someone's idea of a real-life shitpost.
    what the fuck
  • edited 2019-03-15 17:07:36
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm very confused but in that way you'll never ever understand.

It's really terrible that this happened.

I hate to combine this with such a serious post but like, life.

I got some of the Fantastic Beasts (and Harry Potter) Collectible Minifigures. They're blind-packaged, and I ended up being Tina Goldstein (whose name I always have to look up), Jacob Kowalski and Professor Sybil Trelawney.

To be honest, none of them were in my top 10, but I like Jacob well enough. I didn't know Professor Trelawney's cup went in her plate, so I ended up putting one of Jacob's cookies in the plate. It's a unique paint-job, compared to my LEGO Friends ones which all seem to be the exact same brand of chocolate chip.

I love Trelawney's hair, so I ended up putting it on my Friends Andrea and it looks pretty epic. It's almost like the whole boho look was made for her. I just wish it was the Friends hair piece plastic rather than the hard plastic, I like the feel of the sort rubbery Friends plastic better.

I also tried Andrea's hair on Trelawney and it really softens up her look, makes her more versatile as an older teacher/mentor/etc character.

I really wanted Dean Thomas and Cho Chang, though ;-;
  • I wonder what should I think about the fact that the "remove kebab" and several other edgy-ish memes feel more real now.

Anyhows, it took me eight years but I've just realized one can use quote marks on IJBM's search bar to search for multiple-word terms.
    So, the local Glenn Beck equivalent is at risk of becoming homeless and asks for donations. For a briefest moment I wondered if there's any way to send a negative donation.

(I'm guessing Beck is the closest American comparison.)
    I feel like in the modern left v right metascape there's somebody way more Glenn Beck than Glenn Beck could ever hope to be.

But this is the sort of thing you'd have to delve way too deep into social media to find out.

There was a really big thing I wanted to get, but then that fell through the exact week I was traveling out of town so I ended up getting lots of stuff on the trip instead. I guess that's the fun sort of coincidence.
  • edited 2019-03-26 14:43:34
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I don't think I mentioned it here, but the latest line of Moose Toy's Shoppies dolls were themed after magical girls. Well, I say "latest", but it was only the first wave, later waves have other themes, though they still fit the magical girl theme.

So I finally made my own magical girl roll call!

Wjo620Y.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the next wave to come out because there's a perfect super-villain type one coming out. As for now I might just use my Lex Luthor action figure.
    >possibly(?) fake attacks on yourself for publicity
    >possibly(?) get caught out by the police
    >get arrested
    >everybody makes fun of you (including me)
    >get charges dropped against you
    >entire case is sealed

Jussie Smolett has the cheat-codes to real life, apparently.
  • edited 2019-03-29 04:25:31
    What a surprising turn of events.

I've been daydreaming about installing solar panels at home and get a source of energy that doesn't depend on the outer world. Unfortunately those things cost infinite money.

Edit: 3 seconds after posting I realized "outer world" was the exactly inappropriate term to use when talking about solar power.
    Every time I hear about people solving all their energy problems with solar power I wonder just how they could afford it. The same thing happened with a PBS video I watched a few years ago about a young couple who retired and moved to a farm 'just' by saving; they had to amend the title a few months ago to reflect just how upper-middle class they were to start with.

I mean, technically solar energy is off-world if we're going to be all sci-fi about it.

Because I keep forgetting to mention it; Chinese streaming services started blurring out every shot of guys with earrings because as we all know men with earrings are all super gay. I think China also has a massive problem with it's underground hip-hop scene, and recently a woman was asked to take off her goth makeup to gain access to some form of public transport.

I don't want to come off as going "oh China" or something equally bad but like, these are just things that happened and I wanted to tell you guys about.

And because I'll never get to mention it otherwise; Earring Magic Ken.
  • I no longer believe there's anything I can do to improve my lot in life. All that's left for me is to go with the flow until I end up dead one of these days.

Is this due to the political situation in your country?
    If it is, that's understandable.

I don't want to come off as being positive with no ground to stand on, but I hope you keep hanging in there. There are people that care about you and wouldn't want to lose you, not just in real life, but also random people on the internet (including me).
    ^ This.
    ^^ This.
  • Thank you guys, I'll try, but I honestly no longer know what to do. (In addition to all that had been going on already, massive days-long blackouts are apparently common now.)
    I sincerely hope things work out, at least to some degree.

Today we learned to use tax havens.

Not to avoid tax havens, we sat there and learned the best ways to use tax havens to avoid paying the majority of the taxes you owe for about an hour and a half. I wonder if I should be more surprised that it took this long than anything else.

We also learned to circumvent foreign currency controls, if that matters.
    Do try to present them the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition and see if they give you an A for an exceptional thesis.
    I skimmed through the rules earlier and I think about 40% of them would work if the language was cleaned up a bit.

This year the BBC's April Fool's joke was a "skip the sexual content" button on the iPlayer and... I'd genuinely pay for this and I'm surprised it's not a real thing. Also I think I've mentioned this before but streaming services don't generally have any way to censor-out strong language.

DVDs never had this option either, but I tend to not watch movies that require it on DVD either. However, there are quite a number of TV shows and movies on TV I've watched with the censor on, especially horror movies.

Plus, with stuff like Detective Pikachu opting to have swearing in now I have a feeling in the future I'll watch nothing but pre-K things.

Anyways my point was I'd totally pay for said button and also a language censor thing.