If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2018-12-19 04:00:28
    Got it. Thanks!

I just beat Fantasy Puppet Dance Performance ~ Dream Shard (the expansion of the Touhou x Pokémon standalone clone). My final team was:
    • Extra!Koishi (Warp*) (Starter)
    • Speed!Seija (Miasma (Poison))
    • Defense!Kokoro (Void (Normal)/Fighting)
    • Assist!Kyouko (Sound*/Earth (Ground ofc))
    • Power!Yoshika (Miasma)
    • Speed!Seiga (Nether (Ghost, sort-of)).
    * New types with afaik no Pokémon equivalent.

At first I was a bit disappointed that the expansion didn't seem to add much, but later on new things start coming up. Also my team was less annoying to play with this time around, although Seiga was terrible for about half of it. Also I had to be very conscious about not overleveling. Anyhows I'll try to beat the Elite 4 equivalent without items and then I'll do the post-game which I'm new to, Dream Shard or not.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Just bought these games on GOG: Rayman Forever, Raiden IV: Overkill, Shock Troopers.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    My purchases from the Winter sale:
    • Puzzle Puppers (-81% from itch.io)
    • Linelight (-70%)
    • Celeste (-20%, godddd I've wanted to play this for so long and I couldn't hold myself back any longer)
  • edited 2018-12-22 16:33:07
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm starting to think that I need to have different "favorite game" categories -- favorite game for story/narrative experience and favorite game for gameplay.

Because clearly things like Mini Metro and 100% Orange Juice don't compare properly with things like Chrono Trigger and Symphony of the Night.
  • edited 2018-12-23 07:49:12
    TIL Miyamoto hated Donkey Kong Country.

Edit: Also TIL Pokémon is the highest grossing media franchise, not just among video games. And Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh second and third, respectively.
  • edited 2018-12-25 20:40:57
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    So I have a bunch of old Humble Bundle keys that have been gathering dust in my inventory. I've gotten a few games from the generosity of other folks in this thread, so it seems fair that I return the favor. If anyone here is interested in a game, let me know (one per person, for now):

Freedom Bundle
    • 2064: Read Only Memories
    • 7 Grand Steps
    • A Virus Named Tom
    • AI War: Fleet Command
    • Ballistick
    • Beat Hazard Ultra
    • Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble
    • Double Fine Adventure Documentary (not a game, so I'll give this one away as a freebie)
    • Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition
    • Ellipsis
    • GRAV
    • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora Deluxe
    • Luna's Wandering Stars
    • Monster Loves You!
    • Overgrowth
    • Potatoman Seeks the Troof
    • Retro Game Crunch
    • Rituals
    • Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
    • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
    • Secrets of Rætikon
    • shutshimi
    • Streamline (Early Access key)
    • Super Galaxy Squadron EX
    • System Shock Pack
    • Team Indie
    • Thirty Flights of Loving
    • Tower of Guns
    Ocean's Day Bundle
    • NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans
    • Riptide GP: Renegade
    • Submerged
    Feb 2018 Monthly
    • Black the Fall
    • Fortune-499
    • Life is Strange (complete season)
    • The Norwood Suite
  • edited 2018-12-26 10:34:06
    ^^ I don't want anything from that, but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate offering to return this thread's favours.

^ Oohh, I hadn't heard of the Video Game History Foundation. Interesting stuff there, like this.
    So basically the pictures were generally pudgier and basically like vaguely-SD versions of the official art.
  • Yup. Also the more humanoid ones have disproportionately small legs and big heads. Makes you notice the sort of trade-offs that have to be done when making pixel art.

• (Has English subtitles.)
    Not sure if A Story About My Uncle is still available for free via Humble, but it's now available for free on Steam.
  • TIL an early Gen 2 Pokémon demo got leaked

Perhaps the most interesting part being this:

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Recently I've had an idea.

What do you get when you cross a wilderness survival game and civilization game? Dwarf Fortress with Age of Empires? Picture this: you start out with a small group of hominids in the wilderness. You direct some to gathering, some others to hunting (perhaps not even that at first), then some try to work something out from a bunch of stones. You develop stone tools, invent fire and all that shizzle. Migrate to better locations. In time, your folks get to figure out grain can grow into more grain, and that these funny stones from over there can be heated and pounded into shape. The game ends (practically or literally) once you've started a legit civilization.

Now, if only I was any good at coding.
  • In this day and age learning to code a game is a very approachable endeavour. Sounds like that's one (real-time? turn-based?) strategy game Unity/Unreal tutorial away from being realizable, if you ever feel like it and have the time.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That does sound fun.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I very much doubt I'll ever be up to the task, but perhaps some enterprising programmer stumbles upon this post.
  • edited 2019-01-25 17:31:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Not bad.
  • edited 2019-02-16 02:18:33
    Got it. Thanks!

UE's streaming a Super Metroid rando.

http://vbprog.zonexus.net/stream/