If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I am so tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired.

I did get to watch Bakugan Battle Planet though. So it's all good.
    Last night it rained waaaaaay too hard for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

I wasn't making any attempts at spring cleaning or anything, but I ended up counting how many sorts of T-shirts I own and I have way too many white T-shirts. It's not a healthy number. They're not all pure white or anything, all them have a unique-ish design in some way, but it feels like there's a lot of pointless overlap in styles.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    White T-shirts can be used for do-it-yourself stuff, like you wind and bind one tightly and dump into a bucket of paint (apparently a hippie method). Or you can get one of those things that you place on a T-shirt and iron them together and then you have a T-shirt with a picture instead of a plain white.
  • edited 2018-12-30 13:28:35
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    apparently a hippie method

I remember seeing this once on a children's puppet show as a kid. I think the puppets might have actually been Australian hippies, but it's a very old memory.

Tie-dye is in right now, but not the standard hippie sort. It'd probably take a while to come up with the effect modern shirts go for.

Sounds fun, though.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Definitely better than just throwing away an old T-shirt, innit? Especially if it's not in good enough condition to give away. And if you were to dump it anyway, then there's no hurt if dying dieing dying that paint stuff doesn't work out as intended.
    Today I learned that the term Chinese communist party members refer to each other by was appropriated by the LGBT community. Of course they want it back, for... reasons.
    Happy new year guys~

I watched some of the Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen New Years show on CNN this morning and it was surprisingly funny.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Happy New Year everyone!
    It turns out half any good Pokémon TCG deck is Trainer cards. That makes total sense considering a Booster pack is about 70% Pokémon cards and like 30% Trainer cards, if that even.
  • edited 2019-01-05 03:24:20
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Exotic Florida Birds have "loud, indiscreet sex", prompting feud between Florida Men

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article147103874.html

(Peafowl are not native to Florida. But that's a slightly different problem from the droppings, squakings, car-peckings, flower-snackings, and sexings. And the takings of food from willing neighbors.)
    > search for "it's official: you suck" soundbite from Mortal Kombat
    > misspell it "it's official you usck"
    > first search result: youtube video with soundbite
    > second search result: USC Village makes its official debut; take an all-new video tour of the impressive project
    I talked about this a bit here, but not too much. On #ijbm though, I talked about it a lot.

I was really excited for the Bakugan reboot, so excited I actually counted the days till they revealed the stuff. Now, I feel like I'm not actually excited for it anymore? Like, with the anime, there are specific reasons I'll discuss elsewhere, but here I'll just talk about the toys.

I don't know what happened with the toys, but maybe it's the fact that there are a hundred of them so I have no focus and maybe I'm just over "this is a marble magnet lion!" or something?

I was thinking about what got me into Bakugan as a kid and I realize that the anime was a big part of it and so were the cards. Of all the toys, I always prioritized cleaning the local toy store of the Card Boosters (which were a rudimentary thing really, with only five cards per pack). In fact, I got really excited when I thought you'd be able to play the game without the toys, but you can't.

In fact, I might still end up collecting the cards. The only main annoyance is that character cards only come with the Bakugan toys themselves so I'll probably never have a full deck.
  • edited 2019-01-10 06:44:06
    Happy birthday, IJBM!

I couldn't remember exactly why the Grinch had a change of heart, I sort-of thought it was because he found among the stolen gifts one that was meant for him, so I checked at Wikipedia and no, that wasn't it.

I like my misremembered version better.

^ I had that happen with Dissidia, I overhyped myself too much too early and then whatever.

Also > not playing MtG
    Happy Birthday IJBM~!

Even though I've never seen the movie(s?), I do like that misremembered plot a lot. I enjoyed Dissidia but there was a lot they could do with it in terms of world-building they decided to just not, though I was never all that hyped for it.

I don't enjoy MtG's aesthetic as much as other things, even compared to games that are just an excuse for fanservicey card art and are basically MtG ripoffs (WIXOSS, Ange Vierge, Z/X, Luck & Logic, etc).

I do like games with human-type characters a lot more than monster based ones, but I don't mind art if it strikes a cute/cool balance like the Pokemon TCG either. I've been really interested in the Pokemon TCG for a while, but I still only have like 30 cards at all, all from the same booster set <_<
    https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1812/1812.08071.pdf

Recently stumbled upon a paper that presents an analysis of statistical data on war. The implication is that violent conflict might be a statistical phenomenon like, I dunno, some sort of forest fire that happens once some critical tree density is reached. I am not completely convinced, like, you still need some sort of spark for that fire and declaring it will show up with this or that probability is just a convenient shorthand for fire management analysts, but it's still kinda spooky.
    That sounds terrifying, but I do agree with you. In places where there's more stability than not, I'd like to believe people would prefer not to disrupt anything. There's a tendency towards doing nothing or something less radical rather than really messing stuff up.

Today I got favourited on FictionPress for the first time. Not a story of mine (I have a total of three of those so far!) but me as a writer.

I feel weirdly pressured now.
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

Something insane has been happening in the world of AKB48. An NGT48 member was assaulted by two men, who were possibly paid off by another NGT48 member, and posted about it online.

After a few days, she showed up on the NGT48 stage and apologized for making trouble for everyone. In addition, the guys who assaulted her were apprehended, but possibly released the very same day?
    the idol industry
  • Grats on your first step towards internet fame!

Anyhows, internet is gone again. I'm not sure if cables were stolen again, at 6:30 am I lost my connection and the dsl light was off, checked outside and didn't see anything special. I checked the phone line's tone and it was fine so I didn't worry too much, but now phone tone is gone. I don't know if it's an ISP hiccup or if some thieves did something that first messed up the 'net and later the phone (or if that's even possible)

I downloaded enough to make good use of internetless time, but I'm regretting not having downloaded more.

Also IJBM: I make even more grammar/spelling mistakes when posting from a mobile device.
    Man, that sucks. Hopefully you can get stuff sorted out soon-ish.

Modern mobile devices are a nightmare when it comes to typing. Though the old phone keyboards took a bit longer to work with, you could hardly ever misspell anything.
    Modern mobile devices are a nightmare when it comes to typing. Though the old phone keyboards took a bit longer to work with, you could hardly ever misspell anything.
    This is one reason I like physical keyboards more.
  • ^^ Ahhh, thank you. Fortunately it was an ISP hiccup and I'm back on the 'net (still no phone line tho).

Gotta download everything.
  • edited 2019-01-13 15:56:14
    No internet connection again. Last night there was a lenghty blackout so I couldn't watch over it, and by the time power returned it was gone. Cables seem just like yesterday, so it may be another temporary internet hiccup, nonetheless I'm back to worrying.

Edit: it's working now.
    I knew single-stream recycling was a bad idea.

I think everybody not a shill or trying to just make the best of things knew, but implementation of other stuff was cost-restrictive (well, even more so than normal).
    recycled cardboard boxes contaminated by various tapes, glues and inks

Physical stores forever~

Though to be honest I will admit that a selfish part of me enjoys CDJs hyper-careful packing (with protective plastic sleeves over a products original plastic sleeves and then bubble wrap over than and even tissue paper sometimes... all in a box).
  • edited 2019-01-13 18:46:04
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Physical stores forever~
    Just shifts the packaging burden onto the store and/or distributor. Though admittedly there's less of it when it's not on retail scale.
  • edited 2019-01-14 06:29:39
    I always wondered how recycling facilities managed to efficiently sort out all that trash mixed up in one huge pile. Now I know.
    Today I learned: Pokémon Booster Pack weighting is a thing. It literally works out to like a tenth or so of a gram in terms of difference between rare cards (which are printed in foil and such) in a booster pack but it works and people do actually do it.