If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

100% Orange Juice

Comments

• edited 2018-12-25 22:35:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Three matches so far today. If there are more I'll edit them into this post.

Christmas 2018 mode
    Suguri, Arthur, Flying Castle, Starbo (player joined ch 2)
    Witch Forest - Battlefield, Backtrack
    1st Arthur, 2nd Suguri, 3rd Castle, 4th Starbo

Christmas 2018 mode
    Marc, Saki (me), Flying Castle (player left ch 14, new player joined ch 14), Ceoreparque
    Practice Field - Minelayer, Mystery, Playground
    1st Repa, 2nd Marc, 3rd Saki, 4th Castle

NoName (CPU), Suguri (CPU, player joined ch 7), Tomomo-CSE, Mixpo (me)
    Planet Earth - Minelayer, Freeze, Treasure
    1st Suguri, 2nd Mixpo, 3rd Tomomo-CSE, 4th NoName
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Hmm, I feel like I played more matches last night but apparently I don't have them recorded?

Anyway, three matches today.

Christmas 2018 mode
    Repa, Nico, Starbo (me), Aru (player disconnected ch 21, another player joined ch 23)
    Sweet Heaven - Charity, Minelayer, Confusion
    1st Nico, 2nd Aru, 3rd Repa, 4th Starbo

Christmas 2018 mode
    Natsumi (player left ch 12, another player joined ch 13), Kae, Arthur, Yuki (me)
    Sunset - Air Raid, Minelayer, Bomber
    1st Arthur, 2nd Yuki, 3rd Natsumi, 4th Kae

normal mode
    Miusaki, Kai (player left ch 8, rejoined ch 11), Poppo, Seagull
    Training Program - Random Warp, Battlefield, Home Roulette
    1st Poppo, 2nd Seagull, 3rd Miusaki, 4th Kai

Candy cane currency in the in-game store is being discontinued. Presumably the cosmetics that could be bought using them are being converted to another currency, and anything a player has left over is also gonna be converted.
  • edited 2018-12-28 07:42:17
    It's second place day!

Edit: Well, mainly.

won 1 of 6.
    And here's four more matches, of which I won two. I guess this compensates for two days of winning 1-of-6.

• edited 2019-01-01 22:19:08
    New Year's Day - time for more OJ.

• edited 2019-01-03 02:17:47

Finally, a win, after four losses (and two matches I had to leave).

Edit: and then three more, of which I won one.

So far, for all (online) matches I've recorded here:

1st place: 23 + 35 + 11 = 69
    2nd place: 21 + 35 + 12 = 68
    3rd place: 22 + 27 + 6 = 55
    4th place: 27 + 6 = 33

PVP win rate (i.e. 1st place) = 69 / (69+68+55+33) = 69 / (137+88) = 69/225 = 30.bar6%

co-op win: 11
    co-op loss: 19

co-op win rate = 11/(11+19) = 36.bar6%

combined win rate = 80/255 = 31.37%

overall all-time win rate = 316/1059 = 29.84%
    according to: https://orangejuice.daijobu.org/stats.php?uid=76561198034128475
  • edited 2019-01-05 07:44:46
    Three matches, one win, done with my dailies.

Revised results of that last match because I think the results board was bugged.

Two extra matches for the hell of it. Won one, lost one.

Par today. Eight matches; won two.

1. I think I'm better at regular mode than Christmas 2018 mode, where the strategy is different.
    2. Besides, they actually changed the details of Christmas mode this evening. I haven't tried it yet.
    3. Kae's new balance change makes her even more min-maxed. When starting a fight herself, she now has essentially a base attack of +2, adding one more +2 to the small handful of characters with that. However, this comes at a cost of having -2 defense, so she can't defend worth crap. She literally has a 50% chance of faceplanting into any counterattack roll with a 1 on defense.
  • edited 2019-01-07 04:37:11
    Won 3 of 10 games. All in Christmas 2018 event mode, which was recently tweaked. Had excellent luck early on, almost sorry I was doing so well. Then came the losing streak, of course.

There was one time in one game where I should have used Sora-M's hyper to KO an opponent. I decided to play it safer and wait for the next round, but in the end, that player won the match. Oh well.

I need 796 more wreaths to get all the Christmas 2018 cosmetics. I get around 34-40 wreaths per Christmas 2018 mode match, depending on how well I place. This means I need to play another 22 matches.

I also have 194 hair colors left to get. These aren't event-timing restricted, though. But they will require 9700 oranges to clean out. (then four more poses at 40 oranges each, 160 oranges). Oranges are gained by (1) at most one daily task per day (three are active at any given time, lasting three days each, staggered), which when completed gives 40 oranges, and (2) playing matches, which give oranges based on placement (10 for 1st, 8 for 2nd, 7 for 3rd, 6 for 4th).
  • edited 2019-01-09 05:18:52
    More Christmas 2018 event mode. Won 2, placed 2nd in 2, placed 4th in 2.

There is a sort of strange strategic logic with this that I'm starting to see. It's very odd though, because it involves noticing details about the state of the game that have very little bearing in the normal game.

After this I only need less than 600 more wreaths. Which means about another 12 matches.
  • edited 2019-01-12 17:39:51
    Played 6 matches, won 2. All matches were played in Christmas 2018 mode.

I'll probably be playing matches in batches of six, because I can get 3 Arcade Tokens for a match up to six times every three days. (3 Arcade Tokens = one play on the Pet Catcher, new feature for collectible pets and other items.)
  • edited 2019-01-15 20:29:26
    All matches Christmas 2018 mode. I had to play 8 matches because one of my dailies was to get 650 stars and star accumulation is far, far slower in this mode.

Won 2 of them, so this is exactly on par.
    Four matches today. Won two. And more importantly, I'm finally done with the Christmas 2018 event -- I got all the wreathes I needed to buy all the cosmetics. (I was at one point exactly 1 wreath short to getting the last one lol.)

I seem to be getting somewhat better at Christmas 2018 mode. Snowball fights are entirely about mind games (not counting ones against the CPU), and I think I've gotten better at predicting how people think. At first I kept faceplanting into snowballs, but I feel like I'm starting to do better at it. Ironically, now I'm done with it. Oh well.

This mode will probably return at some point.
    Three matches. Regular mode. Won one.

In the second match, it was discovered that Icy Hideout with Backtrack and Home Roulette is hell.
    Had a second batch today, because I just picked up two new characters. Predictably, it's a failure reel, but it did get me the other three matches for this batch of six exchange tokens.

• edited 2019-01-22 08:46:07
    Played six matches today; won three.

After losing the first three I wanted to go for a win, so I picked a character I know well how to play. It worked (although it almost didn't work), so then I picked a character I am decently good at, and I won then again. And finally, I didn't even mean to steamroll through that last match as Starbo but somehow it happened. Arthur was well played but I just got inordinately lucky as Starbo this match.

After this I should probably go back to deck-testing for Tomomo-CSE and Yuki-D.
  • edited 2019-01-25 06:24:06
    Won 1 of 6 this batch, so it's par when combined with last batch. Came close a few other times but, as they say, close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and high-yield atomic weapons.

Incidentally I notched my first win as Yuki-D.
  • edited 2019-01-28 05:35:48

Six matches today, of which I won three. That's well above par!

I played the first two matches while distracted in conversation with a friend. I made a number of strategic blunders as Tomomo-CSE, one of which was that I should have eaten my ice cream and thus gotten my magical girl transformation (a full heal up to 6/6 HP and natural +3 attack) and then clobbered Nico, who was very much in the lead but only at 2/4 HP right in front of me. OTOH I got a very lucky win in the second match.

I win at a strangely high rate, as Flying Castle, for some reason. People say Flying Castle is horrible to play, and I know why they say it, which is that basically anyone can fight you with no repercussions whatsoever because you can't counterattack, unless you've played your hyper...or if they're Sherry, who just so happened to share my island with me.

I rando-picked Aru and went into a match on the Warfare map...which is quite a bad matchup. I also got KO'd twice. Still, somehow I managed a respectable showing, albeit not a win. Probably in part because I drew my hyper like three times. Also, Mei loves getting rid of cards, while Aru loves giving cards to people and get free stars based on how many cards she gives to people, so Mei turned out to be a convenient foil for Aru, the last time I played Aru's hyper (which was literally the last turn).
  • edited 2019-02-02 22:57:42
    And a below-par day (one of six matches) to make up for it. =P

My win rate as Kiriko is normally pretty bad so it was a surprise my sole win came playing her.

OTOH my win rates as most of the other characters I played is either par (Saki) or bad (everyone else but Nanako), basically. Nanako gives me some more luck apparently, but it didn't happen today, as I finished dead last that match.
  • edited 2019-02-07 09:24:33
    They revamped the token system so you don't get 6 "exchange tokens" every 3 days that you can convert into one spin for each time you play the game. Instead, now you get a weekly allotment of up to 15 exchange coupons, which are just a reskin but work the same way. 15 matches is too much for a day and also not efficient at getting oranges from the daily tasks, so I'm not gonna be playing quite that much.

Also a new event started. Everyone has some cosmetics (specifically Accessories) disabled but instead wears a pig snout and pig ears. Playing matches will get you pig hearts -- 4, 3, 2, or 1, depending on your placement, then additional pig hearts (up to 4 total per match) for each opponent you've KO'd at least once. You use these in the store to buy the pig snout, one pig heart per character, which then unlocks Accessories for that character. (The in-universe explanation is that there's been this epidemic of "pigformation" that has turned everyone into pig-form.)

This should have been one of five won but it was two of five because one opponent threw the game.
    This evening started out as a failure reel, with five losses, but then I got two wins for my last two matches.

The Pigformation event has a bug where I was unfortunately awarded no pig hearts for any of these matches. No idea why.
    Yesterday, I played four matches, and lost two of them, but didn't finish the other two for out-of-game reasons.

Okay now I can close notepad.
  • edited 2019-03-01 09:26:57

Won one of four matches.

I need 15 more pig hearts to complete the current event.

I usually get 2 to 4 pig hearts per match. The last six matches I finished got me like 17 of them.
  • edited 2019-03-04 09:33:49
    Finally finished the event!

Won 2 out of 5 games in the process. Was a good evening I guess.
  • edited 2019-03-06 07:41:10
    I beat the Girl Power campaign, which is the campaign that comes with the Witch Pack DLC.

The plot is the most excuse plot of all the campaigns I've played so far. It's simply about the two witch characters (who join this massive crossover game from a game that the developer actually has yet to release) being handed a board game by the Forest Witch and trying to increase their "Girl Power" by playing it. Basically, they just chatter about the other female playable characters that you run into as opponents.

It's the longest campaign to exist so far, at 10 scenarios. I beat them all on Original difficulty first (specifically using either of the two witch characters, Miusaki or Ceoreparque, even though I could have used others), then Extreme (using Tomomo with her OP single-player stats, but this makes up for the fact that the CPU players cheat).

Fun fact: the default character in the campaigns is Ceoreparque, and Miusaki also appears as an opponent in all matches, but if you play Miusaki, Ceoreparque appears as an opponent instead.

For beating the campaign, I unlocked cutscenes and an ending wallpaper for my in-game gallery, and also got a bunch of stars (i.e. in-game currency, which I'd just spent a massive amount of on cosmetic pets as part of the event that's about to end). For doing it on Extreme, I also got a home marker that's decorated with a witch hat.

I also played one multiplayer match, which I lost.

Krilalaris (me), Robo Ball (R), Robo Ball (K), Poppo
    Clover - no events
    1st Robo Ball (K), 2nd Poppo, 3rd Krilalaris, 4th Robo Ball (R)

Poppo opened up a big lead in mid-game (in part by Ubiquitousing me a few times) and basically spent the rest of the game getting bullied out of it (and only barely).
  • edited 2019-03-07 23:14:24
    The Valentine's Day event is being re-run. I'm already done with it so it's basically just free play for me though. Played three matches; won 1.

5 matches, 1 win.

And I finally got the lizard pet!
    Apparently I seem to have forgotten to paste the fact that I played like four or five matches and won three of them a few days ago.

Anyway, two losses today.

This plus other instances does prove that my Poppo strat is far from unbeatable, though I still like playing it.
    Played 6 matches today, won 2.

For the last four matches, I specifically chose characters whom I have low win rates playing. You can see how poorly I did, haha.

Well, that last one, Seagull, actually got a buff since the last time I played him, so,...