If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    *This isn't actually happening.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/discovery-pack

on one hand:
    * Phantom Brave
    * RWBY Grimm Eclipse
    * Kentucky Route Zero

on the other hand:
    * My computer can't run RWBY Grimm Eclipse (nor War for the Overworld, nor Osiris)
    * Everything in this bundle is tied to Steam except Kentucky Rt. 0. To be fair, Phantom Brave is probably never going to go fully DRM-free unless NIS goes DRM-free, which is unlikely because NIS is a Japanese publisher that's not named Falcom.
    * Huge backlog already.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So, I've just read a press note about a new video game in development...

I got a feeling it's somehow related to the content of this video.
    > buy Phantom Brave in this Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/discovery-pack

> register Steam key

> download size 683 MB

I'm surprised a presumably large-scale tactical RPG isn't over 1 GB in size.

Pleasantly surprised.
    also, big sale on a variety of games at GOG, including Ys and Trails games.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20181114_japanese_midweek

I just picked up the first Zwei game.
  • edited 2018-11-16 04:26:01
    I played Shadowruns Returns and started Shadowrun Dragonfall.

The setting has definitely been the best thing about these. There aren't any aspects that are exactly how I would do it but it all feels big and exciting even outside of what I've directly seen.

I guess a lot of tabletop settings can be like that since they're designed to have many many adventures set in them rather than to serve a single storyline.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    TVT calls that "Adventure-Friendly World", aye.
  • edited 2018-11-16 19:07:21
    That seems to conflate a few different things or is a bit too broad. There's quite a few single-narrative settings in the examples.

Like, Diablo's setting is kind of obviously built for the main storyline of fighting the Prime Evils, no matter how fleshed out anything else is. At least from what I'm familiar with.
    You might be right, I meant it specifically in the context of RPGs. Even when they present a single intended mode of play, they usually still try to sneak in some versatility.

One time I was captivated by the depth of the setting was in the first Dragon Age. To me, it was a good example of starting from an overused elves-dwarves-orcs fantasy setting and making it into something that felt living and fresh.
  • edited 2018-11-22 19:07:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    possible Steam purchases for this Thanksgiving sale:

Metagal -50% $1.99 (lowest so far)
    Azure Striker Gunvolt -75% $3.74 (lowest so far)
    Sonic CD -75% $1.24

I might buy the first two and then call it a sale. Would put me at US$150 spent on videogames this year.
  • I got to the end of Dragonfall.

Shadowrun's setting has been engaging in a way I haven't experienced in a while.
    https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791436034405/announcements/detail/3411935656344456018

oh YES

(link: news post wherein the developer of Mini Metro announces the addition of "Creative Mode", where you basically get to build the metro network however you please)
  • Aww, last night I learned that a youtuber whose videos about speedruns I liked (RWhiteGoose) is a white nationalist, and not exactly a mild one. Normally I don't let creators' views stop me from enjoying their content, but ehh, I feel like I probably shouldn't watch them anymore.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Why does everybody have such extreme views all of a sudden.

Why not dedicate such passion to platforms like "I will not speak to you if you don't like Grapefruit Soda".

(I was initially going to say "Crossfit is the best" but IIRC Crossfit has strange origins in European Nationalism).

I try not to let a creator's views stop me from enjoying their stuff but I'll tend to feel so guilty that eventually I give up.
  • I just finished my dream diary, I took lots of photos of my dreams/nightmares involving danmaku battles and posted them on social media and got tons of likes, then three weeks later things happened and I woke up.

(I finished Hifuu Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector, the latest Touhou game.)
  • edited 2018-12-13 19:36:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Full Throttle Remastered is free on GOG, for the next 42 hours and change.

GOG front page: https://www.gog.com/ <-- they're starting their winter sale, which is the reason for this giveaway

LEGO The Hobbit is free on Humble, meanwhile. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/lego-the-hobbit
    and from the related videos:
    This is all really cool.
  • edited 2018-12-15 06:34:17
    A friend got Smash Ultimate. I didn't think we'd be playing like that again but we just did, good times. Other than the higher knockback, farther stage bounds and inmense roster, it doesn't seem too different from Smash 4. Also the Inklings are fun, I think I'll main them.

Also, turns out it's not "King Cruel" and I was pronouncing it closer to the actual thing back when I didn't know English.
    I've actually been thinking that the easiest way for me to play Kingdom Hearts III is to be good friends with somebody who has a PS4.

I haven't played a Smash game since Brawl. I could have gotten the 3DS one, but my 3DS priorities lie elsewhere.
  • I tried the DS one once, but I really couldn't get used to playing it, well, in a DS.

Speaking of controls, for some reason I got a blister from yesterday's playing.

Also:
    Yeah I get weird blisters all the time from playing on the PSVita, probably from the metal sides that jut out a bit from the plastic casing.