If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• Sounds horrifying. And also like plot of some thriller film.
  • edited 2018-07-04 16:14:57
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Just had a strangely spectacular dream. It was like a movie in 5 acts.

"Fish Stories, by 4chan"

1. a dour song about someone having to keep away from her husband or her father.
    2. i forgot, but it had to do with fish.
    3. i forgot, but I was watching this on the deck of a ship i think. this song this ends triumphantly, on a big G major chord coming out of a hallway, that made the audience applaud. the next song started around the corner, and also on a different movie screen.
    4. two bizarre songs, one by a housewife reminiscing about the fish she prepared, and another by a dead fish reflecting on their existence after burial in someone's yard.
    5. a series of badly worded rants in poor English from someone gloating about how the Roman government was compelled to translate a game into Chinese, turned into an animated music video which drew the ranter's imagery in stick drawings and then would animate that to turn into music. e.g. the walls would "crack" and change color (default was sky blue bg but they could change to white or purple) in time with the percussion, and the ranter made some sexist reference so someone drew a bikini and that then turned into segments of a piano keyboard "playing" his rants, and at another point someone stuck something out a window of a house and then that thing turned into a person's butt with a face drawn on it and it then flew off, separately animated, while the house sank below the screen, transforming into trumpets and keyboards and back, to the beat of the music. i think the game had to do with fish.

Part of the inspiration for this was probably this OC Remix of Gato's Theme from Chrono Trigger, which definitely has the sectional form that I was dreaming about. It just doesn't have the triumphant false finish in the middle.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Living in a curiously-designed apartment building. Specifically, the foyer is curious designed.

Imagine, you enter into this tall indoor area, white walls, fluorescent lighting. You see four apartment complexes in front of you, but they're up a complex series of stairs with various landings and other decorations, so like a floor or two up from the entrance, in elevation. The stairs are also white, like old New York apartment marble or something. You can presume that things like mailboxes are also here, and presumably some windows to the outside higher up the wall, maybe also a boring old mostly-tinted-glass door with a black metal frame.

At the top of the stairs, however, are what looks like an older style of building, used for the front porches and front doors/walls (which have windows) for all of the apartment units all in a row (and not even at the top of this enclosure). It's an old, ornately-wrought dark wood, forming the frames and railings of the porches, and the front walls and front doors. Thin beams and columns, but apparently detailedly decorated with patterns.

The front doors are another oddity: so once you take the stairs up to the porch, you'll notice that the front doors are another three feet higher than the porch, so if you stand on the porch, your eye level will be near the bottom of the door. The doorknob and its latch, and also the keyhole, are also low on the door like this.

I happened to have noticed that our next-door neighbor, a tall, thin, middle-aged white woman with dark hair and a similarly ornate sense in fashion and jewelry, had left her door ajar, so I went over and told her about it, and discovered that the door's latch didn't extend properly and needed to be jiggled a bit to work.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    This sounds like so many awesome sets for one of those 00s cartoons based on fantasy novel series (like Redwall, but modern).

I had this dream where I was Ivy/Charlie from Gossip Girl (Ivy is an actress pretending to be rich kid Charlie Rhodes in order to access her trust fund for her scheming mother). I had started working in this run down hospital. Honestly, it kind of looked like if a Kamen Rider Build set had been aged up a considerable amount with all the white decaying into grey and brown.

Anyways, Ivy was working at this hospital with her terrible ex-boyfriend Max, and she had to keep up the act as Charlie. Things took a turn when her sister (who doesn't exist in the show, just in my head) showed up and had found out about the Ivy/Charlie scam and was demanding money.

My mind placed extra significance on the doors in this sequence, because there were two completely bare, basic arches that led to the ward Ivy was working in. The patients in the ward were suffering from some seriously messed up things, but I couldn't focus on that. My focus was on getting Ivy's sister to leave. I went through one archway and came out the other but somehow Ivy's sister followed me to the other arch.

I decided my best bet was to escape, alongside Max, through this random tunnel in the hospital. It was a large copper tunnel that was quite a few sizes larger than me-as-Ivy but not too big either. I was reminded of channel surfing. I thought about how if people were inside their TVs, they would have to take tunnels like this to the next channel.

When I got to the next channel, I'm not sure if I was still Ivy or not. Instead, the focus was on this pet (it might have been a cat) that was being taken away by the police for committing a crime. The cat had a cutesy name, like Mr. Fluffkins or similar, and the police were formally mentioning that name as they read out whatever crime it had committed.

I was with a friend of mine, not sure who, who the cat belonged to. We both knew that the cat had committed whatever crime it was accused of, but we kept insisting it hadn't. The crime was either something way out of the league of an IRL cat or a really silly offense that wouldn't have gotten it arrested otherwise.
  • edited 2018-07-08 14:50:07
    Something involving me being part of the group of protags in Ys Origin (somehow, even though there's nothing else in this dream that has to do with it), and we were tasked with dealing with this building, and entering it from the basement door it was flooded with lava or something which was okay for us because we had protective gear, but the enemies were obnoxiously strong, and the small front door was also like this but without lava, and this was because we'd already beaten enough of the game to trigger the event flag that changes the enemy types, and after we went in the door, Ash and his Pikachu and his friends came in after us and we told them to get out fast, kinda trying to hide behind a vending machine for snacks, as one of the monsters charged up a super antimatter orb or something and fired that, hitting the door as we exited.

Outside was some tropical jungle for some reason.

Reminds me of this other time I dreamed I was playing a 2D game where I was exploring this huge maze-like cave whose walls were made of horizontal bricks.
    Ash and his Pikachu and his friends came in after us

This is probably the most random thing in all of your dreams in this thread.

I was at a real life cafe I used to go to to study before I just stopped going for really no reason when I realized I needed to find an envelope. I decided to go to my old place of work for one, and it was conveniently across the street from the cafe even though in real life they're quite far apart.

It was closed, but I found a paperclip on one of the little nicks between the protective metal bars that reinforced the door. I took the paperclip and straightened it out.

Next, I decided to go to a nearby hotel, one that isn't real. It was also conveniently just a few metres across a T junction. It was huge, and as I went further inside I found that I was at a beach resort. Inside, there was this Middle Eastern guy who I thought I might have known from somewhere, but he gave me a few looks and kind of blended back in with his friends as if he was embarrassed.

The resort was kind of this elongated rectangle shaped bridge, and there were little bridges that went in either direction presumably to other attractions but I stayed on the main road. Then there was this girl who kind of came up and asked me if I'd seen her boyfriend, but she spotted him right away. She dropped her own paperclip, and so I told her.

Then she acted all surprised at my own paperclip, which was now just a tiny aluminium stick since I'd bend it all out of shape, and a rose sprouted out of the top of it and I was transported to somewhere else.

It was snowy, and I suddenly knew that I had to save the world from something or other. I walked for a while before coming to a place where the snow was much thinner. There were some exposed fiber-optic type cables, fairly large, which suddenly burst into flames. I didn't do anything, because I think I was meant to be meeting someone to help with the situation, but then another bit of cable started to fray, so I started shoveling what remained of the snow onto them.

After the fires were put out, I noticed an Alpine style ski-cabin in another spot a few kilometres away that wasn't snowy at all, and I decided to walk in that direction.

Then I woke up.
  • edited 2018-07-21 17:20:07
    I may have accidentally invented a type of business.

So...first, my dream involved something about traveling or adventuring outdoors. Forgot exactly what. But it ended up with me seeing a commercial for roller-skates, where someone was going dangerously fast down a hill. I apparently tried to follow the camera, which resulted in me going into the commercial but instead traveling downhill on a snow-covered (but still artificial) slope way too fast. (Why someone would make a 45° slope rather than stairs, on an outdoor concrete structure meant for people to go up/down, I have no idea.)

Anyway, when I got to the bottom, I was greeted with slushy ice covering a roadway, and I crossed it, among a crowd of people.

By the time I crossed the road, I was at a plaza (i.e. a strip mall), I was with a group of people, one of whom wanted to show me a restaurant she liked. Specifically, it was what I might call a "telephone cafe" -- one where a group of people can sit down together, call a number on the provided speakerphone, and chat over a meal. This was explicitly modeled on the Japanese novelty/themed cafe. (I have no idea how this would work in real life.)

Apparently this was a pretty successful business as they even had special dedicated booths for serving residents of a nearby nursing home.

I later looked them up on the web, on my cell phone (in the dream), and found they might be implicated in some sort of business scandal. Apparently they were allegedly the source (maybe from the free call package) of spam calls.

(No such restaurant exists in real life, as far as I know.)
    it was what I might call a "telephone cafe" -- one where a group of people can sit down together, call a number on the provided speakerphone, and chat over a meal

Conference calls for friends?
    serving residents of a nearby nursing home.

Oh my gosh that makes sense!
    and found they might be implicated in some sort of business scandal

I feel like this happens a lot when businesses deal with the elderly.
  • edited 2018-07-29 15:56:04
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I was at this mall and a bunch of people were having breakfast all at once including me. I was eating cup ramen (I feel like the most random things from Kamen Rider Build show up in my dreams). When I looked down, I noticed there was no hot water for me to make my cup ramen with.

So I went around looking for hot water but couldn't find any. Then this guy who I knew was Supergirl's Chinese stepbrother (she does not have one obviously) told me he'd already used his water, but he'd taken the noodles out of his cup and was eating from a plate, so I could use his water.

Then the dream shifted to a modelling agency in a derelict area and i was there to support a friend of mine. Whilst she was in a casting, I wandered around before finding the visitors/supporters' room. A lot of people in the room were wearing the new green shirts A-Troupe is wearing on The Next Step, including all of the girls from The Clique except Claire, who wasn't there.

I remember thinking that it was kind of boring and so I had to do something, so I butted into a conversation Massie was having about Supergirl's Chinese stepbrother and said I'd met him and thought he might have a crush on me. This set Massie off, because she had a crush on him, and I wasn't backing down either. I told her that she wasn't a good friend, just like Kristen, who I'd told about having a huge crush on Alicia's brother (who doesn't exist!) and she told him I was straight because I'd done something mean to her.

And we sort of fought for a while after that before I woke up.
  • Supergirl's Chinese stepbrother (she does not have one obviously)

What about Kong Kenan?

According to all the wikis I checked he's a result of some experiment so he might be totally unrelated to her or related to her in every way (ie he's genetically all of her dead siblings and relatives at once).

Also this suit feels vaguely racist.
    I dreamed that, upon waking up, I was teleported into a university classroom where my real-life high school history teacher was teaching classical music appreciation, and I didn't see him at first so I thought it was just a group of people waiting on something so I logged in at the lectern computer to check my messages, but then he turned out to be in the middle of the classroom and said hi and so I logged out and went to use the computer on the side and that was logged in too but by someone else.
  • edited 2018-08-11 11:14:41
    So I'm in a plane along with lots of graduating engineering students from my university. One of my professors is also there. It was large and you can walk around (come to think of it I often have dreams in an aircraft that's more like a flying wide shuttle bus), I'm heading towards some relatives' home by a hill, a woman there is pregnant, and over night while still there she delivers a baby girl (I *think* the woman was my aunt, but at any rate the baby didn't count as my cousin). She was already about 1-2 years old, walking around and playing with toys.

Next day when we wake up she's missing, so we look for her everywhere, eventually reaching a small but very elegant one-storey office building in what from the outside looked like a shed, in front of the offices is one of her toys all broken up, so we knock the door and inside they tell us that they're a cabal of drama producers who are behind the world's major cases of drama acting from the shadows and that they kidnapped the girl and won't be returning her. Then I woke up.
    who are behind the world's major cases of drama acting from the shadows

this is amazing
  • edited 2018-08-11 15:31:47
    Clarification: they're behind the world's major cases of drama, doing so by acting from the shadows.
    I had a wild dream last night. It was so wild I can't remember the order of events, but they included:
    * time travel in an amphibious London tour bus to try to save someone's life
    * living with family/friends in barracks with a slanted bathroom floor and trying to move the toiletries around, only to have them tell me to stop wasting bleach
    * being at a cosplay event in a shopping mall
  • * time travel in an amphibious London tour bus to try to save someone's life

did you get cast in some doctor who knockoff
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    * time travel in an amphibious London tour bus to try to save someone's life

did you get cast in some doctor who knockoff

The oddest thing about that is that I have never seen Doctor Who.

But no, even though sometimes I dream about shows I've never watched, this had nothing to do with Doctor Who.
    I had another really super-vivid dream, but I didn't get a chance to type it out right after I woke up so I'm afraid I forgot some stuff, anyways...

In this dream, I was a teaching assistant at a school that was like Hogwarts crossed with an office building. It was magical, but it was also hyper-modern with escalators instead of stairs and the usual 14w dream trademark of glass everything, including floors on some levels.

Though I wasn't a student, I was assigned a dorm number as if I was one, but when I looked at the system that assigned dorms I found something was off. It was this row of locker like devices that you'd put your suitcase in and it would determine who best suited you as a dorm-mate, but my dorm number came out lower than possible (the rooms started at 100, and mine was like 1 or 11).

When I went to the guy I was TA-ing for, he told me to forget it, but soon I'd uncovered this whole fraud thing where it turned out at least half the students were 'ghost' students (not in that they were actual ghosts, they were just fake registrations) and that the school had been keeping this up in a magical sense since the muggle government didn't know this school was a magical school but it still received funding.

My investigation ended up taking me to the 'basement', which was actually more like an extremely large sunken glass box where you could see the dirt and insects in the ground behind the glass 'walls'. In the basement area, there was an open-plan kitchen which was more like a shopping mall slash cafeteria; the students were allowed to just go up to one of the fancy wicker boxes containing lots of ingredients (from like vegetables to proscutto and even just packs of premade pastry) in these long lines of stands. When they picked whatever, they could sit at a table where a magical device that sped up time would cook the food in a flash (though they did have to prepare it properly, I guess).

Anyways, as my investigation continued, I got called back up to the CEO's office (yes, instead of a Headmaster there was a CEO) and it was Spencer's mother from Pretty Little Liars (and not Mariska Hartigay from Law and Order SVU, who looks exactly like her). She told me that I was digging too deep, and then offered me a position at the school with the promise that I could get some stem-cell stuff done on me so I too could eventually learn to use magic. For some reason I knew she didn't mean it, even though I was sure that the procedure could be done, so I told her that I'd been recording our conversation this whole time and uploading it to my Google Drive with the threat that if I didn't get to leave immediately the recording would send itself to the area's school board in a few hours.

Then I woke up.
  • For some reason I knew she didn't mean it, even though I was sure that the procedure could be done, so I told her that I'd been recording our conversation this whole time and uploading it to my Google Drive with the threat that if I didn't get to leave immediately the recording would send itself to the area's school board in a few hours.

Your dream self knows how to prepare.
    I think I've just watched too many detective shows where I've thought 'if I was getting this confession right now I'd be livestreaming it to the whole world and not putting myself in danger with a crazed murderer with no evidence but my own word'.
  • So I was doing some programming thing, then an insect got on my arm, then another, then somebody besides me got one on his arm as well, then another, then somebody else, and so on until we're all covered in insects (worms, beetles, all sort of things) trying frantically to get rid of them, at which point I realized I messed up something with the code that caused all these insects to show up.

Also I didn't make the "programming error <=> bug" connection until well after waking up.
    This is the first time ever I've come in here without really paying attention to what thread it was, so that was surreal.
    I've been playing so much Terraria that I've been having dreams involving Terraria.
  • ^^ It occurs to me that this thread would be more interesting if our posts didn't mention we're talking about dreams until late through the text.
    I'll keep this in mind from now on.
    I was piloting a small aeroplane. It was a sort of WWII design, with a big red nose and everything. Instead of maneuvering in any normal ways, I was sort of flying for long distances before making big turns that would cause the sky around me to warp this weird psychedelic pattern with lots of purple. It was also filled with lots of electricity.

It was all part of an ecological rescue program. When I made the sky change colour, I changed time-space and was reverting the skies to when they were "purer". It's like I was "grabbing" the sky from a hundred years ago and "copying" it from it's original time and bringing it to today.

Once I was one for the day, I landed at an airport that looked less like a military base and more like a warehouse district. There were these three guys waiting for me. They were lithe and tall in a sort of intimidating Nordic way. One of them was a scientist for the planes, who was gushing about how well I could fly the planes, and he told me to meet him later for some sort of benefit dinner.

Another guy was a trainee pilot, I think he was the first person in the whole western hemisphere to be able to pilot one of the special time planes? He also asked me to do something, but I don't remember what. The third guy also had some sort of important role (he might have been a plane engineer?) and he asked me to help him out with his little toddler sister, who was visiting.

So if it wasn't clear that this was some kind of dating sim already, a circular disc pattern appeared around all three guys and I had to literally touch the circle I wanted to go along with. Immediately, the scene shifted to the benefit dinner, where the scientist guy was wearing a suit and we were talking to other important people in the space plane program.

He commented on how I wasn't wearing a suit, and I told him it was a conscious decision since I never wore suits (I don't in real life either). I was however wearing a vest, because it was a pretty formal occasion. Just as he was about to ask me to dance, this Arabic guy who was about my height showed up and cut in. He was the son to an important investor, so I couldn't turn him down.

Anyways so he pulled me onto the dance floor and was practically grabbing me with all the force he could muster and it was kiiiiiiiiiind of like every scene in an Otome anime where the heroine is dancing with the one guy in the harem who is kiiiiiiiiind of a giant creep.

He asked me why I was being "fake" and (paraphrasing since I don't really remember much about this bit) pretending to be somebody I wasn't just to fit in even though I'd already made it as the best space-time eco-pilot person. I was going to start arguing but then he pulled the tag out of the vest I was wearing and mentioned how I was still wearing the tag because I'd bought the vest literally that afternoon.

I was so shocked/embarrassed that I immediately woke up.
  • edited 2018-08-31 20:48:18
    I drove my car from the third-floor parking deck down to the second floor, passing through a narrow gate that I'm always wondrous of how people don't hit the sides because it's so narrow. Then I toggled my car off (seriously, it was like, I drove my car into the middle of an indoor area, then just got off my car and started walking, with no information about where my car went, so it was like toggling off a mount in a videogame) in an area with a high ceiling and off-white linoleum tiles and walls, and walked into the third or fourth floor of the next-door mall and convention center. It seems like there were some events going on there -- a debate tournament was being held, and I walked past the rooms where that was going on, to another area. There was a large crowd of people, with some people getting food from a table. I was briskly walking by this, and happened to pass a cute girl with glasses wearing a light blue shirt. I went up the stairs, through thick crowds, and found a sign in a less crowded area, which suggested that a virtual airline was holding its conference/convention as well. This upper floor had a very high ceiling, quite airy and spacey (no pun intended), and well-lit with natural lighting through the windows. It had patterned carpet that was generally greens and blues, while the walls had green marble accents surrounding the doors. Going back downstairs to get some food from that table, I happened to walk by that same girl again. I went to the table to get food, and they were serving breakfast refreshments style food like muffins and breads and pastries, but their paper plates were small and also very thin, and when I tried to pick up another piece of bread, the muffin I already had fell apart and basically caused the plate to collapse, leaving me with a mess on my hand, literally. Someone quickly gave me a small nondescript white ceramic plate, about the same size as the paper plate, and slipped it between my hand and the mess of a paper plate that oil had already thoroughly bled through. I asked her where she (a conference attendee, and not the same girl as before) got that plate, and she told me she got it at Lissette's, a restaurant/bar downstairs, and I suddenly remembered it was okay here to move silverware and dishes around throughout the building since everything was self-contained.
  • edited 2018-09-06 06:20:52
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I was watching the Shake it Up! movie. I'm not sure if it had a theatrical release or was just a TV movie, but I was watching it on my laptop.

Aside from Rocky and CeCe (the main characters) all the other characters were completely different people. Of course, there were a bunch of blond guys of varying levels of blond but there was also a black girl and a Latin American girl. I'm not sure what the overall plot was, but it involved driving across a suburban landscape with an orange/brown war film filter.

One of the guys was explaining to Rocky and CeCe how his brother had come back from war in Afghanistan completely broken and the other guy was talking about how he was all for the war at first but as it went on and on he began to see the failings in logic involved in the reasoning for it (overlooking aside that the actor playing him and like obviously the character were way too young to even be born at the start of the Afghan offensive).

After watching the movie, I went to #ijbm and discussed how weird that a movie about a teenage dance troupe was actually an in-depth discussion on the Afghan war. Then I went out to this candy store and I met up with Dayton from I Am Frankie who told me to get her this specific sort of slushie drink and it was the "J-Pop flavour" she wanted. Then she left.

When I went up to the counter, I saw four varieties of the slushie, but they were all in these plastic containers shaped like cute 2-D animals. I remember there was an orange type and a green type. It started getting really crowded but the lady serving the slushies came up from behind me (even though I was standing in front of the counter) and I told her I wanted the "J-Pop" flavour which turned out to be the green sort. She gave me one slushie and then I left.

I went to a dance club (yes, me, a club) where I found Dayton (who is too young for clubs anyways) giving Frankie a similar J-Pop slushie, which she was downing like mad and then she left for the dance floor wearing a sparkly dress with a one really long sleeve. Basically, in this universe Frankie wasn't getting human emotions like normal, but whenever she downed a J-Pop slushie and danced like mad she gained more human emotions.

Anyways I handed Dayton the slushie and then we started dancing to I Am Frankie's opening theme, Getting Real, with some guys. Since it was still me it was mostly jumping up and down and going "WOOOOOOOO". I asked her if it was really okay to keep giving Frankie a slushie that was basically android drugs but she didn't answer and I guess I didn't care very much since we just kept dancing.

I feel like this dream is even weirder than the ones I have when my mind is in horror overdrive.
    So at some point I was in the living room of my house which was very large and had a high ceiling and a big entertainment bookcase along one wall and had some large-ish square tiles for flooring and had this giant yellow low-polygon pyramid in the middle of the room. Whenever I would go near the pyramid, it would take a few seconds to turn into a laser than try to shoot me. In the various instances of me dodging the pyramid's lasers, our Christmas tree had already gotten wrecked.

One time I hid behind the dining table, out of its sight, but it decided that it'd produce this metallic-with-red-buttons pod, to try to detect me by a motion sensor if it had line-of-sight to me.