If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm wondering if I should have set no-internet days

I always want to do this but the pull is too strong.
  • Now that I remember, I had considered that before but then reconsidered after thinking that I might end up without internet during an internet-ok period.

Also I got my (middle) finger stuck in a cup's handle, fortunately I remembered the soap trick to wear rings off and managed to get it free.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Even after checking that picture I still don't know what a Nogi is, so I'm going to assume it means a cute girl in a pretty dress.
    This is still amusing to me for some reason.
    Socializing over one's hobbies is a double-edged sword: it's fun and fulfilling to bond with others over one's common interests, but it means that one's activities in those interests get strings attached.
    I don't like talking to all the nerds, because they are still people and people are all insane.

Insane enough to convince you watching Date A Live is anywhere near a good idea.
    [politics] [bad pun] [spicy]

Would a human be a (taxonomic) "class traitor" if they preached the superiority of reptiles?
  • This is still amusing to me for some reason.

I still dunno.

^^^, ^^ power levels, hiding, etc.
    I meant that doing things like keeping an anime list and sharing it with people on the internet will mean people will form opinions on you based on it.
    I keep my MAL mostly because there are genuine times where I forget what episode I'm on or what shows I've even seen. I also like the database a lot and find it a convenient way to keep up to date on seasonal anime.
    power levels, hiding

IRL I'm mostly concerned with boys work stuff and maybe fashion so everybody probably assumes I'm normal (aside from stealth-browsing in toy-ailes).
    I wish there were videos for stuff like "most elegant sick burns".
    Being screwed on the timing of large assignments is one of the least fun things in life.
    "most elegant sick burns"

It turns out the internet actually sucks for finding things that aren't clickbait.
    I've had a complex relationship with Michael Fassbender lately; first, I read the Assassin's Creed novel and planned on watching the movie, but it looked too much like a video game and not the more colorful Andalusian setting I imagined when reading the book. Then, he starred in this year's worst crime thriller, which I'm planning on seeing tomorrow.

I either really need to stop having "I should watch movies" phases or I need to have way more of them.
    consider: a statue of an alligator giving someone the middle finger

(yes, I have been watching Last Week Tonight)
  • The mouse I had with a working middle button no longer has its middle button working, meaning I can't use Blender again until I get another mouse.
    Literally everything media-related has been put on hold right now; I got my hands on a copy of The Dazzling Heights, the long-awaited (by me and like ten teenage girls) sequel to The Thousandth Floor.

Nothing tops teen drama set on in a gigantic tower version of Manhattan in 2118.

Aside from Aikatsu Stars!, of course, because Aikatsu Stars! is life.
    I found out the trailer for the film adaptation of Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (called Love, Simon) came out a few weeks ago, and I finally watched it today.

It's #4 in trending right now, so I accidentally watched a trending thing.

In the YT top 10.

It's time to hand in the hipster card, I guess.
    It's 12:30 AM and I want to have Denny's. Just some greasy-spoon U.S. American breakfast food, like hash browns and scrambled eggs and tater tots.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Sounds good.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Does anybody remember that TVT loli rape bunker meme? That dude was the ultimate Hoxhaist.
    ^ dafuq????
    It's 4:30 AM and I want to wander creepily dark modern magical fantasy libraries.
  • edited 2017-12-05 12:14:29
    I've never had much happen that I thought was worth putting here, but here's something: I have a new cat and she needs her teeth brushed daily. This is actually easier than I thought it would be.

But anyway, in October I took her in for what I expected would be a routine yearly vaccination and checkup, and ended up being shown her gums and teeth in the back that I typically never got a good look at. And damn, they looked bad. She needed a tooth cleaning and four teeth ended up needing to be extracted. She has twenty-six left and has no trouble eating, so that's good, but I feel bad that it got to that point without me noticing.

Apparently the culprit is Feline Tooth Resorption, which I'd never heard of before but which apparently affects 2/3 of all cats. And the way to minimize the chances of this happening again is brushing, so that's what I'm doing.
    I'm not a pet person but I'm glad that's going well.

Since I was dreaming about Barbie anyways, I looked up stuff on the Collector website (which is now the same website as the one for kids so that's fun) to see if I'll fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally ever buy some and I liked the Ken doll in this two pack because he is ridiculous but I hate the Barbie because she's just a playline Barbie with a ridiculously bad tan and a ridiculous dress that looks terrible.

BUT the Ken is also all of these things. :tongue:

This still means there's no way I'd pay that much for half a thing (I guess one of the more sane reasons I'm still yet to become a suuuuuuper giant stereotype is that dolls cost all the money).
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Ken looks like Vanilla Ice

also I did not know that cats need their teeth brushed
  • Does anybody remember that TVT loli rape bunker meme?

I do! Weird times indeed.

Sometimes I daydream about a Touhou/MIT/whatever bunker, where I can focus on that thing without being distracted by anything else.
  • edited 2017-12-05 20:58:32
    Is this something before my time?

Should I even be asking about it?
  • edited 2017-12-05 21:38:47
    It's old, I think it was about the time IJBM1 got rekt. IIRC there was some news about some dude who made a survivalist bunker, which included a ridiculous amount of loli manga. Some Yack Fest thread got caught of it and started referring to it as the "loli rape bunker", then it spread to the rest of the forum, with people referring to it, changing their location to loli rape bunker, etc.