If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
UNITED STATES VOT--I mean, INTERNET ACCESS LITERACY TEST
COMPLETE ANY PAIR OF SECTIONS WITH THE SAME SECTION NUMBER.
CONSULTING REFERENCES AFTER STARTING BUT BEFORE FINISHING THIS TEST IS A CRIME.
IF YOU FAIL THIS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO
VOTE USE THE INTERNET.
1. What body can try impeachments of the president of the United States?
2. Which of the following is an applicable definition for "responsibility":
(a) a duty
(b) a speech
3. Name the attorney general (or acting attorney general, if currently applicable) of the United States.
4. Women may serve on juries in your state's courts. True or false?
1. If a person charged with treason denies their guilt, how many persons must testify against them before they can be convicted?
2. At what time of day on January 20 each four years does the term of the president of the United States end?
3. If the president does not wish to sign a bill, how many days is he allowed in which to return it to Congress for reconsideration?
4. If a bill is passed by Congress and the President refuses to sign it and does not send it back to Congress in session within the specified period of time, is the bill defeated or does it become law?
1. Can the president of the United States be impeached?
2. Which of the following is an applicable definition for "representative":
(a) agreement between states
(b) person chosen to act for others
(c) good character
3. FBI stands for...
4. Each county in your state may decide by vote whether or not it will have legalized sale of alcoholic beverages. True or false?
1. If a person seeks to search your home, what kind of paper must they have before you are compelled to allow them to do it?
2. If the United States wishes to purchase land for an arsenal and have exclusive legislative authority over it, consent is required from...
3. Prior to the adoption of the United States Constitution, the organization of states was known as the...
4. Tribunals are...
1. Can the president of the United States be removed from office for conviction of bribery?
2. Which of the following is an applicable definition for "treaty":
(a) agreement between nations
(b) a tax
(c) a written oration
3. Name a man who is nationally known for heading the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
4. What officer is designated by the Constitution to be president of the Senate of the United States?
1. Can your state coin money with the consent of Congress?
2. Name one area of authority over state militia reserved exclusively to the states.
3. The power of granting patents, that is, of securing to inventors the exclusive right to their discoveries, is given by Congress for the purpose of...
4. The only legal tender which may be authorized by states for payment of debts is...
1. Can you be imprisoned, under your state law, for a debt?
2. In addition to becoming a U.S. citizen by birth, a person may become a citizen by:
3. Name one person by name or title who is part of the judicial branch of government in your state.
4. The first sentence of the United States Constitution is called the Preamble. True or false?
1. In what year did Congress gain the right to prohibit the migration of persons to the states?
2. Who is the commander-in-chief of the army and navy of the United States?
3. What article or amendment of the United States Constitution deals with the federal government's authority to call the state militia into federal service?
4. The president is forbidden to exercise his authority of pardon in cases of...