If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suddenly, pineapples. (IJBM Vanilla 2.3 upgrade thread)

2»

Comments

• :s This one is cute.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    DYRE wrote: »
    :s This one is cute.
    "Mashiron doesn't usually wear glasses, but she is for this fight."
    "*grimaces* My glasses are off limits."
  • IJBM: When emoji override the :3 smiley.
  • edited 2017-06-19 22:53:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    IJBM: When emoji override the :3 smiley.

I think I can disable autoparsing of smileys into emoji.
    Oh crap, I can't disable them without disabling the emoji selector in the main editor. Hmm, I'll have to mull over this.
  • edited 2017-06-20 00:46:48
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    The other good thing about this editor is the addon for this one is it's maintained by the core Vanilla team and comes with it, so it's less likely to majorly break over updates
    I've re-enabled emoji for now. It would be nice if the editor's emoji selector didn't disappear when I turned off emoji autoparsing though.
  • これは良い。
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I treat her badly, but she comes back every time
    just goes to show, that none of these other hoes, are worth a dime,
    ^ ^^ these are not pineapples

vorpy i am disappoint
    Well, I've got a pen
  • edited 2017-06-22 09:09:42
    It appears that with this new editor i can copy text from other webpages (including but not limited to other Vanilla forums, and also including tables) and even Microsoft Word without the formatting exploding into a bizarre mess.

I just need to figure out how to change the font beyond just the [code] tag for preformatted fixed-width text.

Also we can now attach images and other files. But limit of one image per thread -- and if an image has been inserted previously, you can't insert another image (even though the thread says "File is already in this discussion. It will not be uploaded again." as if this only applies to the same file...but it just applies to any file).

Pasting directly from Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc, or pasting something from Microsoft Word with a picture, will cause a picture to be uploaded to the server. This will use the attachment limit.

Editor doesn't respect leading spaces though.
    Permission changes in the activity feed get mixed in with other activity feed entries.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    without the formatting exploding into a bizarre mess

I don't have to copy everything to notepad anymore~
    New editor...
    1. automatically adds numbering if you're typing up a numbered list, and press enter after one numbered line. Can be useful in some instances (a few corner cases may be slightly inconvenienced, but it's possible to just get around them).
    2. Copying and pasting text from the editor back into the editor doesn't cause weird line breaks to show up. No need to transfer stuff to and from notepad every time.
    3. Is missing the "show HTML" button, but that's because you can now natively insert HTML markup into the post.
    5. Hitting tab after writing a new comment goes straight to the Post Comment button.
    6. Hitting tab after editing a comment goes to presumably the cancel button, but hitting tab again goes to Save Comment button.
    7. Even if you don't start with 1, the autonumbering feature can continue it for you. However, it doesn't work if you don't use the [number]+[period]+[space] format.
  • edited 2017-06-24 06:40:39
    Togglebox and spoiler BBCode are broken. (Spoiler was already broken even with the old editor.)

[togglebox]this stuff is supposed to be inside a togglebox[/togglebox]

Spoiler:
    this stuff is supposed to be inside a spoiler

Edit: REMINDER that the togglebox is created by [toggle], not [togglebox]
    For mods: IP address of poster is displayed twice on each post. Maybe this is the result of a built-in feature doubling what the hack does?
  • edited 2017-06-24 07:16:43
    For mods: IP address of poster is displayed twice on each post.

Only seeing that once. Are you sure you're not seeing "edited:[date and time]" that's next to it in similar color?
    Your IP is displaying as Unknown and then showing up properly, for some reason.
  • Yeah I'm only seeing Unknown.
    Odd. Maybe the other one is only for admins? I wonder if UE sees it.
  • edited 2017-06-24 11:37:56
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    The 2 IP entries is due to using the IPTracking plugin from before they added IP logging natively, thus IPs are being logged in 2 different places. The interesting bit is Naas specifically having one IP unknown and one actually showing an IP, whereas it's the same for both GMH and I
  • You can host pictures in IJBM now.

Your hubris has led you to play God and tampered with what man has no affairs in. You were so preoccupied with whether it could be done that you didn't stop to think whether it should be done.
  • Isn't it just one picture per thread?