If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who complain about degrees Farenheit

It's been a while since the last 'people who' thread.

The Farenheit is pretty much the only non-SI unit that is not bullshit, being the only one that does not need you to know some weirdass convertion factor or anything to convert it so some other unit (besides the Rankine, but that's another matter). It bugs me that when there's some discussion about the (true) superiority of SI units it'll be often be brought up as a big culprit in the inferiority of other units when its only sin is not being Celsius and maybe that some common thermodynamic properties turn out less nicely in it.

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Heretic.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    the current temperature in my area is 108 degrees Delisle.
  • the current temperature in my area is 108 degrees Delisle.

Haven't you heard? She got married. They're degrees Griffin now.
  • I'm convinced like half of the disdain against degrees Farenheit comes from not knowing about Rankine or otherwise it hasn't occurred to them that other units can have absolute equivalents just fine, and by extension believing that Celsius has physical meaning that Farenheit doesn't, making it "more scientific".
    (The other half of that disdain comes from anti-US contrarianism.)