If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Streaming thread

edited 2013-03-15 16:08:19 in Liveblogging
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This be a thread for streaming your stuff!

I'll be streaming a sequence-breaking run of Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance sometime on Saturday, March 23.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Added this thread to the Useful Threads thread.

Also, from IRC:

@AttObl:

Watch live video from attobl on www.twitch.tv Gradius Gaiden Stream starting now! Coming soon: Either Suguri or Acceleration of Suguri 2!

• edited 2013-03-18 15:15:57
    To be or not to be? That is the question.

Watch live video from attobl on www.twitch.tv Battle Garegga (And Batrider, and Batsugun if I feel like it.) stream is about to start. Okay, bad time to stream early afternoon. Doing it later.

What time on Saturday would y'all like to see some Castlevania streaming?

• edited 2013-03-23 18:15:04

I'm gonna start at about 11 PM, or maybe a little later because of set-up time.  See y'all then!

Once again, the following is on tap:

* Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
    * sequence-broken run (NOT normal sequence)
    * demonstration run (NOT speedrun or TAS); emulator and savestates will be used for convenience
    * side goals: cherry-tapping bosses, 100% map, all furniture, 100% bestiary (excluding drops)
    * Juste mode only

Stream starting now!

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

http://www.livestream.com/gmhschannel

He's still waiting on people to show up atm.

• edited 2013-03-24 06:54:38

Sorry I forgot to post the URL.

Anyway, we got through about half the game tonight!  There were a few minor hiccups, such as when I forgot how to do the most important trick in the stream, but a quick check of Youtube fixed that.  Turned out to be far simpler and easier than I thought.

I started in chunk A1, went through most of chunk B2 (except the part with and behind the Golem boss), and most of chunk A3 (except the Aqueduct of the Dragons).  Started into chunk B1 and got the floating boots.  So I'm about halfway done with the game.

FYI, the game intends for you to start the second half of the game with chunk B3, not B1.  Then you work your way backwards and eventually find your way into chunk A2's throne room area and chunk B1, or something like that.  Anyhow you need the floating boots (in chunk B1), two door keys (Lure Key is in B1, forgot the other one), Maxim's bracelet (requires visiting chunks B3 and A3, in that order I think), then the final sequence is Floodgate Key (in Skeleton Den A, chunk A2, I think), using it to unlock Death's boss room in A2 Luminous Caverns, taking the Griffin's Wing behind him, and getting the Crush Boots from somewhere (I forgot where), and breaking the seal on the final boss arena with that.

Then go to the castle center.  Choose your castle and equipment based on which ending you want (bad, mediocre, good).

I remember it being possible to confront Death after defeating him (from the last time I did this, on my own).

Edit: Skull key is in Caverns A (i.e. chunk A2).  Also, Crushing Stone will be necessary to get at least one Dracula Relic.  Not sure if I need the relics for the non-optimal endings, but I definitely do for the best one.

Thinking of doing this again next weekend, same time, same place!  I'll finish the rest of the game then.

Thinking of moving the starting time for the stream up to 10 PM.  Otherwise, same place, my livestream channel.  This time there will be a lot more cherry tapping of bosses to do.

• edited 2013-03-30 03:14:03
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Will be doing a Super Metroid 100% speedrun Sunday night 10PM EDT (2AM GMT/UTC).  Expect some sequence breaking, skipping of a miniboss (provided I can get the trick right the first time without wasting super missiles) and (hopefully) me not failing at energy management in the Wrecked Ship. Should be ~2.5 hours with any luck, give or take a bit.

Linkages be here: http://livestream.com/unknownentity634

• edited 2013-03-31 20:58:42

And one day before that, Saturday night 10PM EDT (i.e. tonight!), I'll be streaming the latter half of Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.  Time to go through the second half of the game in the wrong order!  Watch out for Simon Wraiths and Clear Bones!  Time to cherry-tap everything to death, including Death itself!

will stream here: http://www.livestream.com/gmhschannel

Edit: It's over, but you can still see the recorded vids of it at that site.  Thanks to everyone who watched; I hope you enjoyed it!

• edited 2013-04-01 01:21:48
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Stream from 2 posts up starting within about 15 or so minutes.

And it's over; final time was 1 hour, 45 mins.

• edited 2013-08-13 22:03:13
    To be or not to be? That is the question.

Watch live video from attobl on www.twitch.tv Starting the stream of the AIR VN!  Or not. Might stream something else later.