If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    the French Loudness Gang
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I think I remember everyone in this conversation right now. But for the life of me, I don't know shit about who exactly are you all.
    vandro wrote: »
    I think I remember everyone in this conversation right now. But for the life of me, I don't know shit about who exactly are you all.

I was locked up in solitary confinement and fed nothing but demons for a few years, and now that I'm out I'd like to beat the shit out of Artorius.
  • are you threatening me specifically now
    Did you kill my brother? You killed Laphicet, didn't you?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Forum Lust Game
  • edited 2017-01-28 13:14:21
    I gotta find money to get a replacement fridge condenser.

I wonder how many people here have been banned from heapers or vice
    versa. Or both, rofl. It seems like GMH runs this place now and GMH is
    my friend! The person who runs heapers is... not my friend, to say the
    least. :V I think they casted me as a cartoon villain because I was the
    villain Gotham needs, and they sure pushed me as far as they could to
    play the part by blaming me for their issues and making me feel bad
    about myself and cry, and accordingly I did play their cartoon villain
    for a while out of anger and despair! But Forsythe was the villain
    Gotham deserves. Yes I'm implying that heapers is Gotham. On a side
    note, Forsythe is continuing to make his way as an indie comics artist
    and I'm continuing to (debatably) make my way with freelance
    housekeeping and youtube vids. I think I'll be eligible for autismbux
    this year tho. Also! I am a sweet and caring girl who has merely made
    some mistakes and suffered from mental illness, and this is what my
    therapist said about me. She said I don't deserve to torture myself or
    be torn down by other people and I shouldn't hang around people who
    aren't nice to me. These days I follow her guidance very closely because
    she has helped me tremendously in recovering from... things. So, while
    playing a villain sure is fun, I think I am just too sensitive to
    actually be a villain. I'm in regular contact with my beloved Imipolex
    as I have been for six years, even though the only place he'll chat
    regularly is heapers. I also talked to a number of heapers friends after
    being B& 5ever, which is proof enough that I was doing something
    right, mental collapse from real life issues notwithstanding. I cried
    bitterly for many hours over losing my heapers girlfriend, miss Dove,
    but in the end I've accepted that we're not meant to be partners. That
    said, I seek her forgiveness for acting selfishly towards her and
    consider her to have been an extremely valuable friend who helped me to
    survive and I still deeply wish for her general well being, so I am not
    capable of harboring any ill will in her direction, even if she won't
    let me be her good friend ever again. I think one day in the future,
    though it may be years from now, Imipolex will finally take me to
    Wendy's for our first date. I kinda forgot where I was going with this
    tbh. I'll end this post by saying that I really like GMH and I wish we
    could hang out irl more and I'm very grateful that he's allowed me to
    stick around despite having been genuinely insane for some time.

It's nice to hear that things have been improving for you, I hope they keep getting better.

Edit: Also, I stopped doing the dice roll activity thing, I'll focus on 3D scripting for the time being.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    what the fug went on in here
    Longtime member Vorpy made a return, complete with her signature shitposting style.

More activity happened as a result, not just from her.

Meanwhile, IJBM had been being talked about by some HH folks.  Also some IJBM folks had joined HH when IJBM was down.  So people were talking about it and someone made an offhand joke that IJBM is dead, and then someone in response linked IJBM's new address on HH, and then people started checking this place out again and more people were talking about it there, which led to someone over at HH joining here because they wanted to interact with a specific person here.

In short, party.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Now, if you guys brought back Cygsie too...
  • Cygsie = Cygan, right? She's not a heaper (though IIRC she hangs out on IRC).
    Yup. Last I knew Nova was the name we were asked to use, but used the old one as I believe it is more recognized.
    She can be found regularly on the #ijbm IRC channel, yes.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Vorpy wrote: »
    Forum Lust Game

ah. I honestly can't remember if I was ever in that.
    So, I guess, both of site addresses work by now?
  • Shouldn't one of them redirect to the other? This is just weird.
  • edited 2017-01-29 16:22:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wait what just happened?

I went to the zonexus site and it didn't work and now the original URL does.

edit: apparently i have an e-mail about this
  • edited 2017-01-29 17:10:35
    Wait what just happened?

I went to the zonexus site and it didn't work and now the original URL does.

edit: apparently i have an e-mail about this

You'll have to forgive me.

I'm working on this now. I've restored the original domain to its former glory and corrected an http > https redirect.

For the record I am still able to access IJBM over regular HTTP. I'm not sure if this is by design or if it's an oversight, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

(Heapers' Hangout went to all-HTTPS some time ago.)

All http:// access will now correctly redirect to https://

I'm currently fixing the old subdomain so that it redirects here, properly.

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Edit:: This is all working properly now. ijbm.zonexus.net redirects to itjustbugsme.com. Everyone should be using the proper domain again. :)
  • Ah, awesome. Thanks!

Does that mean one of you managed to contact LongFellow? I wonder what he's up to.
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    GMH got a hold of him yes; he sent us his name.com login info since this domain was the only one on it. I told Sage we had it and he wanted to renew, so I passed off the login info to him and he went ahead and did so and fixed us back to the original domain plus additional snazzy new stuff. For those that don't know, we're actually hosted on his server; I merely help maintain the server :p
    so basically a higher power named Sage has undone the winds of history and restored us to our former glory, or something like that

all hail Sage
  • edited 2017-01-30 04:56:53
    Pika Girl
    (◕ᴗ◕✿)
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So I hjeard something about a mass exodus or some great death in users, anyone wanna let me in on this or is it another one of those Voldemortian topics?
    That was a while back, actually.  At least like a couple years I think?

Basically there was a mod disagreement over whether a certain user should be warned, tempbanned, or permabanned, for repeatedly threadshitting I think.

That caused drama where like half the modteam left and also a bunch of users.  (Ironically at least one of them still hangs out in the IRC channel.)

Things got a lot quieter after that, though the active crowd is now different.  Also I'm basically the only active mod.  Naas is too, but...it's not like there's much to mod.
  • edited 2017-01-30 09:10:06
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
     If you don't like a thread, don't post in it; threads die when they are killed people stop posting in them.
    It's like, who could get banned managed to get banned and those who would complain left, so, it's kind of like the evaporative cooling equivalent for the internet flames.

Also, here at my workplace, in the seminar room, there has appeared an ultra rare department Pepe. (Like in five seconds and your paper will be approved for publication with no corrections.)

Also, I wrote a copypasta. Not in English, so I'm not posting, but I'm mildly satisfied.
  • edited 2017-01-30 12:44:22
    So I hjeard something about a mass exodus or some great death in users,
    anyone wanna let me in on this or is it another one of those
    Voldemortian topics?
    Here. But yeah, a large amounts of users left over that and many more have also left over the resulting lack of activity, it's basically the reason the website is as slow as it is.
  • So I hjeard something about a mass exodus or some great death in users,
    anyone wanna let me in on this or is it another one of those
    Voldemortian topics?
    Here. But yeah, a large amounts of users left over that and many more have also left over the resulting lack of activity, it's basically the reason the website is as slow as it is.

That explains why I recognized that activity here had dropped significantly. I've always lurked, even expressed my discontent when the domain expired because I feel like internet communities like this need to stay alive.

I've grown tired of watching places I enjoy slowly disappear, while I'm not sure what the standard is for general posting here, I'll try to be a little bit more active than what I ever was here and step out from the background.