If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Server update expected soon...forum may be down sometime this week, possibly longer.

in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
We're currently waiting on a new server for IJBM, but there's been some delays in moving to the new (and better) server.

This is possibly due to the fact that IJBM's current and new servers are both in Jacksonville, FL, USA, which just got hit pretty hard by Hurricane Matthew.

The old server expires on Friday, so if Unknown_Entity, our webmaster, doesn't get word about the update by Thursday, he's going to take the forum down and back up everything.  If that happens, you can always go to our IRC channel for more information: #ijbm on irc.esper.net :

IRC channel is #ijbm on Espernet.  For those of you with IRC clients, try clicking this: irc://irc.esper.net:5555/ijbm, or just point your IRC client to the server and then join that channel.  For those without one, go to the Espernet Webchat app, enter your username of choice, and type #ijbm into the "Channels" box, then click Connect.

Comments

• possibly longer

Longer in relative to what?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Longer as in it might not just be a momentary outage, but depending on when the server move happens (or doesn't happen), could last for more than a day, even going into next week possibly.
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    So, 2 quick updates on the server situation before I head out for a bit:
    1) The current server has a week extension so we don't have to migrate/backup at the speed of light; host finally got back to Sage and said they were going to be provisioning the new server today.
    2) When we reach the new server, we'll have been upgraded to Vanilla 2.2 as I have it prepared and ready to roll once we're moved.
  • Oh fuck you're gonna beat HH to Vanilla 2.2
    Depending on how fast you can modify files, really. Just sent Anonus and Lee my changesets for the 2.2 hacks.
    And we have the new server up and running finally, so I can get things moved tonight.
  • edited 2016-10-18 08:29:10
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Aaaaand we're on the new server and 2.2 finally. Holy shit the server hated me doing all the things ever.
    The best part is Vanilla apparently has a 2.3 around the corner now; RC1 was just posted like 3 days ago
  • Team effort.
  • edited 2016-10-18 18:47:43
    Aaaaand we're on the new server and 2.2 finally. Holy shit the server hated me doing all the things ever.
    The best part is Vanilla apparently has a 2.3 around the corner now; RC1 was just posted like 3 days ago

Clearly you should never play FFXIII because Vanilla hates you. :P

Also why does tabbing to Post Comment not work?  I think you made a fix for this and I guess it got broken by 2.2.  Same thing with tabbing to Save Comment after editing.  Both worked with the default editor on the test board...

Almost disappointed in the upgrade to 2.2 since it doesn't look radically different haha.
  • edited 2016-10-21 20:08:01
    Locking/unpinning this thread because the upgrade and server move are finished.  Making a new thread for commenting on 2.2 bugs and usability features.

Edit: on second thought, reopening it, just in case people wanna chat about this anymore.