If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

GMH posts opinions generated on Steam's Discovery Queue

13»

Comments

• edited 2016-01-01 08:16:06
    Apparently this link might be a shortcut that does the same thing: http://store.steampowered.com/actions/d3708146fc0c5d593
    This didn't seem to do anything even in Chromium.
  • edited 2016-01-04 02:29:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I can't seem to find the piece of paper where I listed all the games I looked through, but there were some new additions to my wishlist as well as some things thrown overboard.

I can't see a list of all the games I've seen, but here's a list of new additions to my wishlist, still unsorted:
    Dragon's Wake: adventure platformer, play as a dragon, fight knights who destroyed your homeland
    Shelter 2: Early Access survival, but third-person and you play as a lynx mother with cubs
    Rex Rocket: 2D metroidvania
    Tiny Barbarian DX: 2D platformer
    Goblins and Grottos: a thing where you play as a goblin outwitting douchebag adventurers
    JumpJet Rex: 2D platformer, starring a dinosaur with jet boots
    Insanity's Blade: 2D platformer, looks vaguely like Castlevania (those torches are SO from Drac X)
    SUper 3-D Noah's Ark: DOOM engine FPS but themed as Noah throwing food at angry animals on the Ark
    The Amber Throne: JRPG with a nod toward ambient aesthetics
    Environmental Station Alpha: 2D metroidvania, explore an abandoned space station
    Azure Striker Gunvolt: 2D platformer with a rather "anime" plot
    Dreaming Sarah: horror platformer

These last couple days seem to have been notably more productive in terms of things getting on my wishlist.  I think this is partly because most of the big-name games have passed and now I'm getting into the indies of which there are more things I like.

And I've got three more sets to go.  Like, now.
  • edited 2016-01-04 05:04:53
    1. Blood Bowl 2: No.
    2. Rayman Legends: Music levels?  Yes.
    3. ACE Academy: Early Access dating sim VN.  Next.
    4. Captain Forever Remix: Nice.  Next.
    5. Crawl: Multiplayer roguelike dungeon crawler.  Interesting.  Next.
    6. Written in the Sky: I'm aware of this.  Next.  Incidentally, it was in my queue "just to see if you might be interested".  Lol.
    7. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: Bought through GOG.  Next.
    8. Dropsy: The "high metacritic score" that is the reason for your showing me this doesn't help; I just don't like the vibe I get from this game.  Not interested.
    9. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger: Fighting game.  Not interested.
    10. SpeedRunners: Not really my thing but could be fun.  Next.
    11. Cinderella Escape R12: This is some weirdness, but apparently a load of fanservice is the entire point.  Not interested.
    12. Dungeon Souls: Top-down dungeon crawler.  Nice I guess.  Next.

1. The Legend of Dark Witch: I haven't wishlsited this already?  Odd.  Wishlisting.
    2. Hatoful Boyfriend: Well we already know what this is.  I once presumed I'd be interested in this, but nah, there'd be nothing more than novelty value for me here.
    3. METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE: I know the series has a great reputation, but nothing in the trailer particularly makes me want to play this game.  Except possibly the great music but that alone won't cut it.  Not interested, but might be something that I'd watch as a movie.  Maybe.  Also, STOP SHOUTING.
    4. Sakura Fantasy Chapter 1: Get the unfuck out and go unfuck yourself.
    5. The Silent Age: This looks real interesting.  Wishlisted.
    6. Commander Cool 2: Vaguely interesting.  Next.
    7. Odallus: The Dark Call: Wishlisting for the same reason I wishlisted Insanity's Blade, basically.  It looks like it'll play like a decent Castlevania game.
    8. Circuit Breakers: Co-op top-down shooter.  Seems to play nicely.  You can enter a prize drawing to win a free arcade machine, even.  Wishlisted (though I don't want the arcade cabinet).
    9. A Story About My Uncle: Looks interesting.  Wishlisted.
    10. Toby: The Secret Mine: Kinda interesting.  Next.
    11. Albert and Otto: Looks interesting.  Almost makes me wanna wishlist.  Next.
    12. Sakura Santa: Keep Christ in Christmas; keep Sakura Santa out of Christmas.

1. The Fall: Looks interesting.  Wishlisted.
    2. Mugen Souls: Another Idea Factory product, complete with oversized boobs, possesion by demon lord, and at least two bath scenes.  Not interested.
    3. NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence: While I don't know if I'd ever be good at this sort of game, the trailer music is really good and it looks well-designed, so I'll keep it around.
    4. Below Kryll: A slightly weird game -- collaborative platforming or something.  Possible interest; next.
    5. Cloudbuilt: I've seen this.  Possible interest; next.
    6. Oniken: Already have this; key now redeemed.  Next.
    7. Blood Code: Apparently a (mainland) Chinese otome game.  Nice art.  Very nice piano (art).  Almost want to get this.
    8. Rock Boshers DX: Directors Cut: This looks interesting.  Perhaps.  Wishlisted.
    9. Clandestine: This looks really interesting and neat, even though I'm not sure how good I'd be at it.
    10. David.: Not really my thing.  Next.
    11. Explosionade: Possible interesting I guess.  Next.
    12. Amnesia: Memories: Another VN dating sim.  Apparently rather famous.  Next.

We're done!  Finally!
  • edited 2016-01-04 05:52:49
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    I know the series has a great reputation, but nothing in the trailer particularly makes me want to play this game. Not interested, but might be something that I'd watch as a movie.
    Or a Let's Play, perhaps? I highly recommend Chip and Ironicus' take.

As for my haul, two games bought off my wishlist:
    - Circuits (75% off): Music puzzle game + composition program.
    - Teslagrad (80% off): Exploration puzzle-platformer. Interesting setting and mechanics (magnet/physics puzzles, mostly).

One game bought off my queue:
    - Pid (80% off): Puzzle-platformer. Relaxed pace, but still tricky at times (merciful with checkpoints, though).

Two games wishlisted from my queue:
    - Poly Bridge: Early Access minimalist bridge-builder game. Looks like it has some neat variety in challenges.
    - Mushroom 11: Unique looking puzzle-platformer.
  • edited 2016-01-04 18:43:22
    At the last moment, I relented and bought Insanity's Blade and a gift copy of Recettear.

Props to the Discovery Queue for putting Insanity's Blade on my wishlist.  As well as a bunch of other things.  Suddenly I find myself really wanting to play an interesting metroidvania.  I should be able to dig one out from another source though...

I also found one of the two missing days' worth of stuff I went through the queue.  Here it is:
    1. The Amber Throne: atmospheric JRPG, wishlisted.
    2. Dreaming Sarah: horror 2D platformer, wishlisted.
    3. Delver: FPS dungeon crawler, passed.
    4. Insanity's Blade: action platformer, wishlisted.
    5. Environmental Station Alpha: 2D metroidvania, abandoned space station, wishlisted.
    6. Crea: 2D survival/crafting platformer, passed.
    7. Super 3-D Noah's Ark: DOOM-engine FPS with angry animals, wishlisted.
    8. Run or Die: endless runner with anime art, possible wishlisting.
    9. The Fruit of Grisaia: I think it's a dating sim VN, passed.
    10. Retro City Rampage DX: I have this on GOG, passed.
    11. MANOS: the Hands of Fate - Director's Cut: action 2D platformer based on infamous movie, passed.
    12. Azure Striker Gunvolt: action 2D platformer, wishlisted.
    1. Gunslugs: action 2D platformer, passed.
    2. Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition: ASCII art dungeon crawler, I think, passed.
    3. BLACKHOLE: Gravity-based puzzle platformer, passed.
    4. No Time To Explain Remastered: I forgot what genre this is exactly but I know NTTE and I don't like it; rejected.
    5. Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth: Have Civ 5, will play that first, next.
    6. Camera Obscura: A game that's like Snapshot, but I actually want Snapshot first.
    7. Dragon's Wake: play as a dragon and fight off oh-so-heroic knights who hate you, wishlisted.
    8. Chaos Reborn: I think this is a western action RPG?  passed.
    9. Gaokao.Love.100Days: a Chinese dating sim VN about the college entrance exam experience, next.
    10. 8BitBoy: iirc it's a 2D platformer, next.
    11. Jets'n'Guns Gold: a shmup, next.
    12. Sakura Swim Club: go away.
    1. Taimumari: action 2D platformer, almost wishlisted.
    2. LISA: dark humor game involving intentionally difficult decisions, not interested.
    3. 8BitMMO: f2p MMO with pixelated aesthetic and everyone trolling building things: nah.
    4. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition: As much as I like virt's music, I don't think this was one of his better soundtracks, and the game doesn't quite seem like my thing.  It's a dimension-swapping action 2D platformer.
    5. Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender: a minigame-like thing that's a two-way shmup where you fight off things coming to take your underwater resources; next.
    6. NEKOPARA Vol. 0: No.
    7. Timberman: A simple reaction time game, basically.  No thanks.
    8. Adventures of Pip: 2D platformer, gain abilities based on how pixelated/high-res your character is, next.
    9. Dig or Die: another 2D survival/crafting game.  Next.
    10. Read Only Memories: mystery story, nice pixel art, possible wishlisting.
    11. Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike: free platformer, looks okay, next.
    And somewhere along the way I forgot to write one down.
  • edited 2016-01-09 08:07:58
    Compiled list of all recorded Queues so far: http://pastebin.com/r3ren9G0
    Queues: 37
    Items: 444
    Wishlisted items: 58
    Rejected items: 156

(below text is cross-posed to a Steam Discussion thread)

It turns out that the Discovery Queue starts by basically showing you the most popular games out there.  I actually have a couple or so queues before this first one below, and it had some really famous games like Killing Floor 2 and CS:GO.

It's also sorta interesting to note how the earlier a Queue was, the more likely it was to contain games I didn't like.  This is most likely because I'm not interested in a lot of really popular games -- Call of Duty series, Assassin's Creed series (the Queue forced me to decide and I decided I didn't like it), Payday series, Far Cry series, Saints Row series -- but I'm into somewhat more niche products such as 2D platformers.  If you look carefully and know your games, you'll notice that a lot of 2D platformers showed up near the end of this series of Queues that I went through.  And I think there was barely any presence of shmups -- so presumably I'd have to go even further to get shmups -- see the next paragraph for more commentary on this.  But in summary, the more mainstream your tastes, the more I'd expect the Queue to gradually suck more and more as you go, because it starts off exciting since the most popular stuff seems to come first.

Meanwhile, despite my on-average positive opinion of such games, my Queues lacked a number of Japanese/"anime" games like the Ys series, Legend of Heroes series, Tales series, Alltynex series, eXceed series, etc. most likely because I've already bought or wishlisted most of them.  On the other hand, the ones that turned up were, at least at first, mainly the ones that I don't like (Idea Factory's games, and the Sakura trash).  And as for my comment about shmups: I think I've "cleaned out" most of the bigger ones, as in acquiring or wishlisting them, so the same applies to these.  (I already have Ikaruga and Jamestown, and passed Mushihime in a previous Queue.)

So a conclusion we can draw from this second observation is that if you've already gotten a lot of the games you like on Steam, the Discovery Queue becomes less useful.  Even though Steam has several thousand games in its catalogue, that is by no means a bottomless well of interesting games for you to browse and buy.  The selection of games you're actually interested in is probably much smaller than that number, and with how fast many people pick up games on Steam, chances are that new games you like aren't coming out fast enough to compensate for the rate at which you're picking them up on Steam.  As a result, the more games you already have and/or the longer you've already been on Steam and seen its offerings, the less Steam is able to offer interesting new stuff to you.

And what does being less useful/interesting mean?  It means that you see more games you don't like.  Pretty simple, actually.

But probably most importantly, consider this: I've gone through over 500 games on Steam.  You hear about Steam having thousands of games, sure, so 500 might not be much, but these are 500 of the most frequently purchased/played games on Steam.  Add in the games I own and the games I wishlisted before these Queues, and that's about 800 games in total.  And they exhibit a pretty darn huge diversity of games.  I wouldn't expect anyone to like all of them -- I certainly don't -- but there's a really huge selection here, spanning many, many genres.  The only way you'd get sick of Steam's lack of selection is if you (1) have really selective tastes, in which case Steam can't help you, and/or you (2) go through games really, really fast, and have somehow gone through pretty much everything you want to play already.

If not, and you're simply complaining about games not making you excited about playing them, then consider that you might be under the influence of marketing, from hype for big-name releases to hype for splurging in Steam sales.  ESPECIALLY if you also have a backlog of games you've been meaning to play, at the same time.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This year's mid-year Steam sale, the Steam Summer Picnic Sale, generates event cards from going through sets of games in the Discovery Queue, just like the previous semi-annual sales event.  Again, the minimum level is 5.

As such, it's time to revive this thread!  I guess.

It's gonna be a little different this time since I've actually wishlisted then de-wishlisted a bunch of games I want, because I can get them off of Steam elsewhere.  I'll be noting those here but just nexting them in the queue.

FYI the Discovery Queue now has a feature where you can block various tags.  I'm not going to use it here though because this way I can get a better sense of what the PC gaming scene is offering.

1-1. Dead By Daylight
    Apparently Steam now shows you the tags before you even get to the page.  And judging by the tags...
    Horror
    Survival Horror

Multiplayer

Co-op

Stealth

Atmospheric

Survival

Action

Third Person

Gore

Psychological Horror

First-Person

Blood

Mature

Team-Based

Strategy

Online Co-Op

Violent

Difficult

Comedy

...you can guess my reaction.
    Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player
    takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play
    as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught and
    killed.

Oh wow, the only way this could be more Nope is if it were Hatred.
    [Not Interested]

1-2. DOOM
    I'm not a fan of the original game, and that hasn't changed with this one.
    [Not Interested]

1-3. Youtubers Life
    You thought I only disliked gory violent games?  I'm pickier than that!  And youtube celebrities are, as far as recent internet phenomena go, one of my comparatively least favorite things.
    [Not Interested]

1-4. Total War: WARHAMMER
    "It can't be stated how much of a looker this game is"
    Well, apparently, it's so much of a looker that it shows me no gameplay.
    Hey, isn't Total War that series that I yelled at for not showing me gameplay the last time I did a bunch of Queues?
    Well, get out.  HOLY SHIT, THE SECOND VIDEO ACTUALLY FEATURES GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE.  AND SO DOES THE THIRD ONE.  I'll let you pass because you surprised me by not being completely irritating.
    [Next in Queue]

Incidentally, I never really liked the idea that there's only to be one special hero, or a few.  I like fantasy settings where everyone can be a "hero" -- everyone has abilities that can drastically change things.

1-5. Hearts of Iron IV
    Ironically I was just now having an argument about politics with someone who's stridently anti-war to a fault.  lol.
    Anyway, grand strategy games can be fun.  I don't feel like finding out more about this game at the moment though.
    [Next in Queue]

1-6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
    I recently bought this game on GOG.  Sorry.
    [Next in Queue]

1-7. VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
    I knew about this back when they were developing this.  This seemed interesting.
    Not in the mood for it at the moment though.
    Nice music though.  Almost makes me want to wishlist it immediately.
    (That last bit of the trailer didn't excite me though.)
    [Next in Queue]

1-8. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
    Curious little thing that apparently involves healing people by playing twin-stick shmups.
    Oh hey, it's another game by Remar.  (The guy who made Iji.)
    It's free?  Maybe I'll try it out.  Lemme add it to my library now.
    [Play Game] + [Next in Queue]

1-9. Stardew Valley
    Oh hey it's that game that's reportedly "Harvest Moon but better".
    I'm not actually a huge fan of Harvest Moon.  It seems like a nice game but I tried playing it once and quickly got bored with trying to optimize.  It's basically a sim game.  Not really my thing.
    It doesn't annoy me so I guess I'll let it hang around.  Just don't you people bug me to play it or somesuch.
    (And then Undertale's going to come up next or something...)
    [Next in Queue]

1-10. Factorio
    This seems like a quite interesting game.  Resource management puzzle sandbox basically.
    Not my mood right now but I'll keep it around.  Also it's still Early Access.
    [Next in Queue]

1-11. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    I thought this game looked kinda vaguely fun with the dogfighting.  Then it became yet another FPS.
    Well, okay, to be fair I didn't like the first-person perspective from the beginning, but the dogfighting just made it acceptable.
    Also, this is a freakin' pre-purchase.
    [Not Interested]

1-12. DARK SOULS III
    STOP SHOUTING YOUR TITLES
    and GOOD GOSH I have to tell each one of these to bugger off?
    Oh wait, I passed the first two in my past Queues, before I decided that Dark Souls wasn't my thing.  Well I guess now is as good a time as any.  I wonder if stuff I've passed before will show up again at some point.
    [Not Interested]

In case you were curious, my opinion on the Dark Souls games can be summed up as "gameplay too slow and repetitive, and music too sparse".

2-1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    First trailer tells me about the game.  At least that doesn't irritate me as much as simply giving me a two-minute movie to watch.  On the other hand, though, this movie makes a point of being "cinematic"...at least they're honest about it...
    I'm amused by how they're boasting about graphical quality, yet they're keeping in the lens flare hexagons.
    Y'know I gotta say I don't usually care much about the graphics, nor do have a computer that can take advantage of these neat things.  But I can appreciate the effort the put into this.
    [Next in Queue]

2-2. Stellaris
    "The galaxy..." ...is at peace.  Right?  Obviously not.
    That first trailer is quite nice.
    Seems quite interesting.  But I bet you it's my reaction to the music.  I wonder if the game has music this epic through it.  If so, I'm almost inclined to buy it.
    [Next in Queue]

2-3. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    Wishlisted on GOG, sorry.
    [Next in Queue]

2-4. Enter the Gungeon
    The interface is my style, the aesthetic a tad bit less so.  I've heard good things about it.  I'll keep it around.
    [Next in Queue]

2-5. Shovel Knight
    Wishlisted on GOG and Humble Store, sorry.
    [Next in Queue]

2-6. Hyper Light Drifter
    Wishlisted on GOG and Humble Store, sorry.
    [Next in Queue]

2-7. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    Go away, Tom Clancy.  You suck, your politics suck, and I don't feel like playing your games.
    [Not Interested]

2-8. Firewatch
    Things I don't like: the first-person perspective, and maybe the lone-survival aspect.
    Things I find interesting: the way the story is presented, through conversation and movement/positioning.
    [Next in Queue]

2-9. Bit Blaster XL
    Decent music; gameplay seems decent as well.
    [Next in Queue]

2-10. Salt and Sanctuary
    This game looks decently interesting.
    I hope its musical sense is more than just atmospherics though.
    The aesthetics look to be mostly dull greys and browns, which I realize is a design choice.  Incidentally it feels a little reminiscent of Dark Souls.
    [Next in Queue]

2-11. Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
    Fast-forwarded through some trailers because I'm running short on time but it seems just a bunch of cinematic scenes.  Ugh.  Sheesh, how many trailers do I have to go through to get to gameplay footage?  Well fourth video didn't load but the fifth one finally has some.
    I don't think I'd mind this game per se but I want to Not Interested this thing just out of annoyance.
    [Next in Queue]

2-12. Golf With Your Friends
    Virtual mini-golf.  Neat.
    [Next in Queue]

3-1. Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
    OH HEY IT'S NEPTUNIA AGAIN.
    Idea Factory, take your third screenshot worth of pandering fanservice and shove it.
    [Not Interested]

3-2. Learn Japanese To Survive! Hiragana Battle
    This is an odd little game, but it seems pretty decent.
    I guess this is even more of a language teaching tool than 99 Spirits.
    [Next in Queue]

3-3. NEKOPARA Vol. 2
    Go away.
    [Not Interested]

3-4. The Banner Saga 2
    I don't actually know what The Banner Saga is (despite having its soundtrack), but a friend tells me that it's excellent.  And it looks decent at first glance.  So I'm just going to pass it since I'm running out of time.
    [Next in Queue]

3-5. Dyna Bomb
    This looks like an interesting action platformer.  The gameplay seems a little slow, but decent, based on the trailer.  I'll wishlist it for now.
    [Add to Wishlist]

3-6. SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS
    I would love XSEED very much because they work on Falcom's games, but then they have to go and do games like Senran Kagura.
    Seriously, the people who did the character art fail human anatomy forever.
    [Not Interested]

3-7. Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition
    "Purchase the Definitive Edition and receive a free copy of the original
    game in your library if you don't already own it."  Nice.
    I used to have this wishlisted.  I decided I wasn't sufficiently interested in it to keep it on my wishlist.
    [Next in Queue]

3-8. Slime Rancher
    An FPS that uses the gun mechanic to do farm work.  Interesting.
    Entertainingly whimsical in its aesthetics.
    [Next in Queue]

3-9. Deathsmiles
    Another Cave shmup.  This one has a gothic horror theme.  Nice music and art.  Not as in the mood for shmups as I was last sale though.
    Almost want to wishlist this.  Oh, why the heck not.
    [Add to Wishlist]

3-10. That Dam Level Redux
    Seems kinda interesting.
    [Next in Queue]

3-11. Punch Club
    Seems okay.
    [Next in Queue]

3-12. Stories: the Path of Destinies
    Looks decent too.
    [Next in Queue]
  • edited 2016-06-24 17:46:25
    FYI the Discovery Queue now has a feature where you can block various tags.  I'm not going to use it here though because this way I can get a better sense of what the PC gaming scene is offering.

Unfortunately, Steam lacks tags for any of the things that I really do want to never see on Steam again (Greenlight shovelware of all sorts but especially Unity and RPG Maker, hentai games).
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-06-24 21:16:11
    2-10. Salt and Sanctuary
    The aesthetics look to be mostly dull greys and browns, which I realize is a design choice.  Incidentally it feels a little reminiscent of Dark Souls.

Yeah, uh...it basically is 2D Dark Souls.  Right down to mechanics, level system, and over-arching themes.  Like, it's so shameless that it's been threatened with lawsuits and may or may not deserve them.
    Oh shit.  Maybe I should buy it, then.  Besides, 2D platforming is more my thing than 3D action (gorgeous as some of Dark Souls's areas may be).

Day 2

1-1. SUPERHOT
    I didn't like the ad for this game, but the concept seems neat enough that I'll leave it around.  I'm unlikely to play it but at least it's kinda neat.
    [Next in Queue]

1-2. 1917 - The Alien Invasion
    Alien aesthetic shmup.  Looks neat.
    [Next in Queue]

1-3. Scrap Mechanic
    Sandbox multiplayer crafting game.  Normally I'd say no, but this aesthetic is pretty nice.  Actually looks pretty fun.  I almost want to wishlist this -- the only thing preventing me is that I know I won't play it much, and it's still Early Access.
    [Next in Queue]

1-4. Space Moth DX
    I swear this has got to be related to Mushihimesama ("Bug Princess") in some way.
    Anyway, it's a vertical danmaku shmup with an insect theme.  Pretty neat.  Let's bring it on board.
    [Add to Wishlist]

1-5. Batman: Arkham Knight
    Apparently they fixed this game after its very rocky release, and they did a good job at it.
    Well I'm still not really interested in it, though not because of the quality; it's just that I'm not really into its style.
    [Not Interested]

1-6. Bullshot
    Pretty cool run-and-gun game.  More like charge-and-gun.  Still Early Access but I could see myself enjoying it a bit.
    [Next in Queue]

1-7. LiEat
    I already know of this trilogy -- in fact I already downloaded it from its homepage.  It's actually freeware with optional donation -- the game has a paid version if you want to support the devs/locs.
    I wonder what status I should give this.
    I think I'll wishlist it and just put it low.
    [Add to Wishlist]

1-8. Savant - Ascent
    This looked okay until I checked out the trailer, which got me interested.  Not enough to get wishlisted immediately, though, because I'd like to see more exploration.
    [Next in Queue]

1-9. The Solus Project
    First-person survival horror isn't usually my thing but this looks rather interesting.  The things to see, places to visit, and mysteries to uncover seem really interesting.  I feel a sense of awe just watching the trailers.
    Fourth trailer is amusing.  Though I don't like the fisheye.  I hope FOV can be turned down...
    [Add to Wishlist]

Now I'm also curious about The Ball...

1-10. Football Manager 2016
    So is this basically fantasy sports management sim?
    I don't exactly have anything against this genre, but I'm also definitely not interested in it.  Even if it is soccer, which I have a positive opinion of.  (If it were gridiron football it'd just be an immediate no.  But this is still a no.  Just less emphatically.)
    [Not Interested]

1-11. Jigoku Kisetsukan: Sense of the Seasons
    I can see the Touhou influences and I'm not even a Touhou person.
    Anyway this is a danmaku shmup that looks kinda like Touhou.
    Oddly enough it advertises "chip music" as a feature but doesn't show it in the trailer.
    I think Touhou doesn't really feel all that appealing, and this suffers from the same problem relative to my tastes -- the aesthetic doesn't feel coherent overall.
    [Next in Queue]

1-12. NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
    STOP SHOUTING
    Also not interested in a Naruto game UNLESS it is a strategy RPG.
    [Not Interested]

----

2-1. Hyperspace Invaders: Pixel Edition
    This trailer was...surprisingly irritating.  I wanted to watch gameplay but it just kept on getting interrupted.
    Anyway the game looks kinda cluttered.
    While the game's reviews are "Very Positive", I feel more likely to agree with that review that says it seems repetitive.
    [Not Interested]

2-2. GundeadliGne
    I have no idea how to pronounce this title.
    Anyway this is a horizontal shmup by Platine Dispositif, the makers of Bunny Must Die.  One of a trilogy.
    I guess I have to deal with this one sooner or later.
    I wanted to say no but the trailer's music is too awesome.
    Fine, I'll pick this up.  Still skeptical of Rockin' Android though.
    [Add to Wishlist]

2-3. ShellShock Live
    This is an artillery game.  They don't show up that much these days.  I used to play one called Tank Wars and quite loved the hilarity it could produce.
    The trailer is a bit too epic for something I'd expect to be more along the lines of hilarity to be honest.
    Game's got lots of weapons but they all seem to do relatively similar things, at least the ones shown in the trailer.  Any funnier ones?  Like Ball O' Dirt or the dirt-destroying weapons?
    [Next in Queue]

2-4. Hover Junkers
    This game appears to require a VR headset.  Uh-oh.
    The aesthetic seems cool.  A Borderlands-ish aesthetic I guess.
    But I can't say I even care about this game because I'm never getting a VR headset.  Sorry.
    [Not Interested]

2-5. Master of Orion
    Seems pretty neat.
    There's something about space exploration and space battles that feels cool to me, the way that pointlessly gory zombie survival games feel stupid to me.  Heh.
    This seems like a pretty cool game, though I'm not going to declare interest yet because it's in Early Access.
    [Next in Queue]

2-6. H1Z1: King of the Kill
    This stupid PVP zombie survival FPS (I get to say "stupid" because of how many times other people have said things I like are "stupid", everything from 2D platformers to games with anime art) shows up yet again.
    Still [Not Interested].

2-7. Kabitis
    A 2D platformer.  Possibly interesting, despite sounding somewhat generic, based on the description.  (I don't necessarily object to genericness, but it also doesn't necessarily excite me.  It is sort of a neutral thing to me.)
    [Next in Queue]

2-8. Super Star Path
    Color match casual/puzzle x shmup.  Actually seems pretty cool.
    [Add to Wishlist]

2-9. Cally's Caves 3
    This action run-and-gun platformer looks really neat, based on what I can see so far.  Lots of gameplay variety, and no messy momentum effects either.
    [Add to Wishlist]

2-10. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
    I guess I had to deal with this one sooner or later.
    While I usually like the art style, this thing bugs me in a way that's similar to why I've just never found interest in the Persona games, I think.
    Oh gosh, demonic teddy bear is the headmaster.  I knew that character was annoying even before I watched this trailer, and this trailer confirms it.  He's annoying like Flowey.
    [Not Interested]

2-11. Star Saviors
    Looks like a cinematic shmup.  Price is surprisingly low for such, especially having "18 levels" (presumably they're short?), yet the reviews suggest that it's actually quite good.  This is weird.
    Funny how it says it's the "best bullet hell experience [on] Steam", and yet it says it's inspired by Ikaruga...which is on Steam.  So does it claim to be better than Ikaruga?
    lol @ the tags - "Anime" without any evidence of anime art?  (Maybe the trailer just doesn't show it...)  and "Strategy" for whatever reason.
    It's also in like fifty million bundles for some reason.
    [Add to Wishlist], it's cheap enough.

2-12. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
    Okay yeah I guess I have to deal with this one too.
    I don't hate the game but I'm not interested in getting it now.
    I once looked at gameplay and felt that it took forever just to get into a random battle.
    [Next in Queue]

----

3-1. The Witness
    I'm not good with puzzle games, but this looks pretty neat.  Also props on having a geologically-interesting formation in the game (the Devils-Tower-like mountain).
    [Next in Queue]

3-2. Sakura Dungeon
    It's like they're trying to make one game of every genre with this branding, just for maximum irritating presence.
    No, go away.
    [Not Interested]

3-3. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
    So Monokuma is demonic teddy bear's name, and he's also the source of this nonsense.
    See, I hate anime characters like these.
    [Not Interested]

3-4. Move or Die
    > Viewers vs. Streamers Update
    ugh
    Yeah, this is basically like totally not my thing.
    Yeah, the base game is just a four-player party game.  I don't hugely like the aesthetic of the characters either anyway.  Nor do I--
    STOP TELLING ME TO GO GET THE GAME ALREADY, TRAILER.
    [Not Interested]

Wow this Queue is doing horribly so far.

3-5. Bezier
    The gameplay looks neat, though a little cluttered.  The announcer sounds annoying.  The story premise seems possibly interesting but doesn't seem to be the focus of anything.  Almost want to Not Interested but at least the gameplay seems entertaining.
    [Next in Queue]

3-6. Endica VII The Dream King
    Seems like a nice action platformer with nice music?  Why the Mixed review score?
    There seem to be only 11 reviews.
    Game seems to have pretty good gameplay, but lack polish in other areas.
    Possible allegations of the dev making a fuss against a negative reviewer?
    Going to wishlist this but likely put it low; see how it changes over time.
    [Add to Wishlist]

3-7. Ultimate Chicken Horse
    Looks amusing.  A party game apparently?  Multiplayer-only game though.  Not really for me.  Heck, the online mode is still in beta.  Aesthetic is enjoyably whimsical.
    [Next in Queue]

3-8. Puzzle Box
    I'm curious what this OtakuMaker Studio thing is...
    Anyway, this seems like an odd thing.  A paint by numbers sim or something?  With minigames.
    Encountered a comment warning OCD players away, lol.
    Doesn't seem like my thing.
    [Not Interested]

3-9. Murasaki
    A puzzle game masquerading as a danmaku shmup.
    I am going to get this game through Playism rather than through Steam anyway.  I wonder if I should wishlist it.
    Ehh I guess I should.
    [Add to Wishlist]

Almost done!
  • 1-9. The Solus Project
    First-person survival horror isn't usually my
    thing but this looks rather interesting.  The things to see, places to
    visit, and mysteries to uncover seem really interesting.  I feel a sense of awe just watching the trailers.
    Fourth trailer is amusing.  Though I don't like the fisheye.  I hope FOV can be turned down...
    [Add to Wishlist]

Ooh, it's finished. One of their creators made videos with a rundown on how they went about making the game, emphasizing a bunch of tricks they used to get around the fact that they were a small team. I found it very interesting.
    3-10. Disgaea PC
    I normally like SRPGs but this has both humor that at times irritates me and also lots of level grinding which is something else I don't like.
    I don't hate the game (yet?), but I am certainly not interested in getting it.  No amount of showing it to me will change my mind on that.  I'd rather keep Rime Berta in my store display -- oh wait, I already have Rime Berta.
    To be fair I don't dislike Disgaea too much, so I'm not sure whe--oh what the heck, I'm not going to pick it up on Steam anyway.  Would wait for GOG or something.
    [Not Interested]

3-11. Devil Daggers
    Endless arena FPS with a demonic theme.  Looks kinda fun.
    [Next in Queue]

3-12. Porradaria 2: Pagode of the Night
    This seems to be a...2D metroidvania platformer with mediocre polish.  I mean, look at that art and listen to the MIDI music.  To be fair, An Untitled Story did do well with MIDI music, and La-Mulana has decent MIDI arrangements, but...not here.
    It's got 8 reviews, 5 positive and 3 negative.  Unfortunately I can't see five of them; all I have are three reviews, one negative which is totally useless since it only says one word ("Terrible").
    I could see myself potentially enjoying this, but...
    [Next in Queue]

And we're done.
    Day 3!

1-1. Tales of Symphonia
    I was about to complain that the only thing way they could redeem the last Queue was to throw Tales of Symphonia at me.  Well, here it is.
    If this video is accurate, then that means the best song possible is the song used in the intro of this game.  This means YES PLEASE.
    [Add to Wishlist]

1-2. Offworld Trading Company
    Economics sim and management strategy game.  Interesting.
    [Next in Queue]

1-3. The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
    I don't remember what response I gave to The Walking Dead previously, but I'm just not really interested in zombie apocalypse stories, Telltale Games's famous quality notwithstanding.
    [Not Interested]

1-4. Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls
    The trailer vid suggests that this is a pretty fun and fast-paced action platformer.
    It's also a free game, with a costume DLC.
    I should install this.
    [Play Game]

1-5. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
    I've already bought this through GOG.  A while ago in fact.
    [Next in Queue]

1-6. Bibou
    Another OtakuMaker Studio game...
    This platformer looks too cluttered with color, seems to play too slowly, and seems to severely lack gameplay variety.
    [Not Interested]

1-7. Rogue Stormers
    Run-and-gun 2D platformer.  Looks okay.
    [Next in Queue]

1-8. Parkitect
    I know I'm going to use a different standard than I used before, but I wanna say, I'm never going to actually play these sim games.  I mean, if I'm going to exclude racing games that focus on the coolness of the cars, even though they themselves don't offend me, I ought to be excluding these games too even though they don't offend me the way Hardcore Zombie Survival Horror Multiplayer PVP Thing #23 and Counter-Strike: Playerbase Is Very Offensive do.
    [Not Interested]

Frankly speaking, if I ever do want to build a virtual amusement park, I can probably just ask around and rediscover this quite easily.

1-9. SteamWorld Heist
    The trickshot feature of this game is my favorite part of this.
    This seems pretty neat.
    [Next in Queue]

1-10. Thea: The Awakening
    Ooh, Slavic mythology.
    Looks neat.  Nice music too.
    Not for me right now though.
    [Next in Queue]

1-11. American Truck Simulator
    Almost wanted to Not Interested on first sight, but then this turned out to be more like Sightseeing Cityscapes Simulator.
    Also, the second trailer says "garaeges".
    [Next in Queue]

1-12. Wish Project
    This seems like an decent danmaku game.
    [Next in Queue]

Goodnight for now!  Be back tomorrow!
    2-1. Portal Knights
    Open-world sandbox in a colorful fantasy world.
    [Next in Queue]

2-2. Company of Heroes 2
    Curiously, has a recently Mixed review score but that makes up 449 reviews -- not, like, 10.  So this might actually mean something.
    Apparently the second trailer says "the first standalone campaign"...does this mean the whole game was all about multiplayer before this?
    lol the third trailer even has to say "not actual gameplay footage"
    I had to get to the fourth trailer for me to start guessing "I'm probably seeing gameplay footage here"?
    [Not Interested]

2-3. Saints Row IV
    I've seen the Saints Row games before, and I basically know what they're like.  They're amusingly absurd, and it's basically an over-the-top cheesy action movie in video game form.
    Still, not my thing.  And if that wasn't enough, it just has to flash tits and ass at me.  Bye.
    [Not Interested]

2-4. The Bug Butcher
    Actually looks pretty fun!  The cartoony aesthetic made me skeptical but the gameplay seems tight and fast-paced despite it.
    [Add to Wishlist]

2-5. Melody's Escape
    Previously wishlisted game.  Presently wishlisted on Humble Store, which gives it DRM-free + Steam key.
    [Next in Queue]

2-6. Infinity Wings - Scout & Grunt
    What?  Another OtakuMaker game?
    This looks a little meh for a shmup.
    Never really been a fan of the photorealism.  Doesn't really make things look precise the way sprites do.
    The aesthetic annoys me a bit but the gameplay looks o--oh screw it.
    [Not Interested]

2-7. Tree of Savior (English Ver.)
    I usually don't like MMORPGs, but the gameplay looks pretty cool and fast-paced.
    Still exceedingly unlikely that I'm going to play it though but I guess I can let it stick around on my store view.
    [Next in Queue]

2-8. HunieCam Operation
    In HunieCam Studio players take control of a sleazy cam girl operation.

Do I have to explain this one further?
    [Not Interested]

2-9. Super Galaxy Squadron EX
    This looks like a pretty neat shmup with a coherent aesthetic and fun gameplay.  The gratuitous Chinese (or Japanese?) on the title irks me a bit, but whatever.  (Note that the only language this game is available in is English.)
    [Add to Wishlist]

2-10. Legacy of the Elder Star
    Interesting -- mouse controlled shmup.
    I feel a little more meh about this shmup for some reason.  The aesthetics don't appeal to me as much -- it feels a little sloppier compared to the previous one.  But it does seem like a lot of design effort was put into this and I can appreciate that.
    [Next in Queue]

2-11. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
    Ahh, this game.
    Trailer's not playing for some reason.
    I don't think I'm really all that interested in this, content-wise.  It's probably decent though, design-quality-wise.
    [Not Interested]

2-12. Revolution Ace
    This isn't bullet hell at all except it's tagged as such.
    Seems like a decent shmup.
    [Next in Queue]

----

3-1. Hit Tank PRO
    Looks like a twin-stick shooter with the aim controlled by mouse.
    Oh gosh it's another OtakuMaker Studio game.
    This reminds me of some Game Boy games.  I'm okay with a game having a game of this "low" of depth (sorry that was awkward but I think you get my point).
    [Add to Wishlist]

3-2. Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
    Holy crap this IS gothic, that level of detail.
    Looks like this is related to Warhammer.  lol, space x fantasy.
    Ugh that fisheye.
    I don't want to knock this as a bad game, and it does look quite cool, but I don't think I'm ever going to be interested in it.  Lots of RTS games that I might play before this, since I'm not interested in Warhammer.
    [Not Interested]

3-3. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
    It's a fighting game so I'm not interested.
    (Also, female characters with ridiculously big boobs aren't my thing.)
    [Not Interested]
    I guess I'll let the theme song finish playing, since it's pretty cool.

3-4. Angry Video Game Nerd II: ASSimilation
    Another youtuber-themed game.  Ugh.  At least it's AVGN, whom I'm okay with.
    Actually looks kinda decent.  I'll let it slide.
    [Next in Queue]

3-5. Mighty No. 9
    Oh hey.  This game.
    I already have a copy waiting for me.  Not on Steam though because MN9 had the luck of asking me whether I wanted Steam or DRM-free, RIGHT WHEN Steam fucked up its website security last summer and locked me out of my account.  Needless to say, my choice was clear.
    [Next in Queue]

3-6. Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sûtra
    Game is a horizontal shmup.  It looks okay.
    [Next in Queue]

3-7. Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
    I tried BG1 briefly and didn't really enjoy it, but on the other hand I have NWN2 from GOG to scratch my D&D-inspired WRPG itch when it comes up.
    [Next in Queue]

3-8. Far Cry Primal
    I just don't like this series, on the basis of its content.
    This one's an open world survival FPS again, presumably focused on the thrill again.  No thanks.
    [Not Interested]

3-9. Gundemonium Recollection
    I wishlsited GundeadliGne earlier, so I'll just do the same thing with this one.
    [Add to Wishlist]

3-10. Life of Pixel
    Some games are just really smarmily self-aware and this could be one.
    I don't actually have "nostalgia".  I just simply never stopped thinking in that time.  Things that are blatant throwbacks actually irritate me a bit because it's like "let's make a throwback".  No, I don't actually enjoy throwbacks for throwbacks' sake.  I'm not interested references to various games just ofr the sake of having references.  I enjoy things that are interesting on their own basis.
    And for me, that usually means having some sort of interesting narrative hook, though gameplay can sometimes substitute for that.
    This game's gameplay seems decent, but the story hook is silly.
    As much as I appreciate older game systems, I don't think I'm interested in this game in particular.
    [Not Interested]

I think I'm becoming more selective as this goes on.

3-11. Outland
    This looks like Ikaruga platforming.  Plus light world / dark world mechanic from Guacamelee.  Both rolled into one of course.
    Possibly interesting.  I'm not a huge fan of the player-character being so small, but oh well.
    [Next in Queue]

3-12. Jet Set Knights
    While I enjoy platformers, I tend to prefer adventure platformers over single-stage waves-of-enemies platformers.  (Fairy Bloom Freesia is an exception because it's just that fun thanks to really satisfying controls.)
    [Next in Queue]

We're done!
  • edited 2016-06-26 20:56:59
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    3-11. Outland
    This looks like Ikaruga platforming.  Plus light world / dark world mechanic from Guacamelee.  Both rolled into one of course.
    Possibly interesting.  I'm not a huge fan of the player-character being so small, but oh well.
    [Next in Queue]
    I've played this one, and I enjoyed it. The visual style is really interesting, and the gameplay mixes in enough mechanics to never really feel repetitive. (One criticism, though: the keyboard controls are kinda all over the place, and there's no way to configure them. It's definitely intended for a controller.)

It's pretty much been all [next in queue] for me this time around. There have been one or two games presented that have piqued my interest, like Amphora.
    Day 4

1-1. On A Roll 3D
    I already knew this is yet another OtakuMaker Studio game...
    This appears to be a basic 2.5D implementaton of a Sonic game.  Even the wall colors and enemy sounds are taken from it in some cases.  The game itself seems solid but there just doesn't seem to be any aspect of it that makes me want to pick it up.  I might mess with it for a few minutes if it were free but the gameplay variety seems to be lacking.
    [Not Interested]

1-2. Riddled Corpses
    Looks like it could be fun.
    [Next in Queue]

1-3. Elliot Quest
    Wishlisted on Humble Store.
    [Next in Queue]

1-4. Zombie Party
    This game looks a little too cluttered.
    Also, naming bosses Thingboss is not hugely creative.
    [Not Interested]

1-5. The Way
    I didn't think I'd be interested but the trailer made me rethink that.
    Not my type of game but still curious.
    [Next in Queue]

1-6. Dex
    Wishlisted on GOG and Humble Store.
    [Next in Queue]

1-7. Super Win the Game
    I've played You Have To Win The Game, which is its predecessor.  I don't think I'm inclined to play this one just yet though.
    [Next in Queue]

1-8. Oxenfree
    Seems to have a pretty strong and interesting narrative.
    I wasn't ever all that rebellious as a teen, but this still looks good.
    [Next in Queue]

1-9. Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again
    I've run across this game before in a bundle.  I don't think I bought the bundle.
    I remember being mildly interested.
    [Next in Queue]

1-10. Cobalt
    Looks vaguely fun.  Also reminds me of Gang Garrison 2.
    [Next in Queue]

1-11. Starbound
    Has this come through my Queue before?
    In any case, I have Terraria and am vaguely interested in this, but not yet.
    It's also still Early Access so I wouldn't pick it up anyway.
    [Next in Queue]

1-12. Caveblazers
    Seems kinda decent and interesting.
    [Next in Queue]

2-1. Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
    This doesn't look like anything I'd feel like playing.
    [Not Interested]
    @Blueeyedrat Amphora looks pretty neat.  I wonder if this will reference the kind of shadow-puppetry that's referenced by Blackmore in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

Abbreviated list from a few hours ago:

2-2. Pony Island : Next in Queue
    2-3. Salt : Next in Queue
    2-4. FORCED SHOWDOWN : Next in Queue
    2-5. BioShock 2 : Next in Queue
    2-6. Lost Castle : Next in Queue
    2-7. RefRain - prism memories - : Add to Wishlist
    2-8. Waves2 : Next in Queue
    2-9. Slain! : Next in Queue (I think I've seen this before, for some reason)
    2-10. SWARMRIDERS : Next in Queue
    2-11. Dungeon Escape : Not Interested
    2-12. Resident Evil 0 / biohazard 0 HD REMASTER : Not Interested

3-1. Knight Online : Not Interested
    3-2. The Technomancer : Next in Queue (I refuse to pre-purchase)
    3-3. Magicmaker : Add to Wishlist
    3-4. Town of Salem : Next in Queue (or maybe Not Interested?)
    3-5. Nil-Ninjahtic: Ronin : Next in Queue
    3-6. Steel Rain : Next in Queue (action seems neat; crafting is less up my alley)
    3-7. The Last Leviathan : Next in Queue (looks kinda neat)
    3-8. Windlands : Next in Queue
    3-9. Shakes and Fidget : Not Interested
    3-10. DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours : Next in Queue (Not ready to jump on the Darius series just yet, but good to know this is around)
    3-11. Circa Infinity : Not Interested (this aesthetic doesn't interest me)
    3-12. Age of Barbarian Extended Cut : Not Interested ("succinct girls"?  what is that even supposed to mean?)
    Speed Queue!  I'm losing patience.  This means I'm going to stop looking at the trailers unless something reeeeally catches my interest.

1-1. The Culling : Not Interested (early access survival pvp fps gore violent competitive = go away)
    1-2. 8-Bit Armies : Next in Queue
    1-3. 軒轅劍外傳穹之扉(The Gate of Firmament) : Add to Wishlist (a Chinese JRPG? interesting)
    1-4. The Town of Light : Next in Queue
    1-5. Shoppe Keep : Not Interested (cheapo Recettear?)
    1-6. LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens : Next in Queue (would be Not Interested except it looks too hilarious)
    1-7. Atari Vault : Next in Queue
    1-8. Way of the Samurai 3 : Next in Queue
    1-9. A Legend of Luca : Not Interested (requires VR)
    1-10. Generic Space Shooter : Next in Queue
    1-11. Iron Fisticle : Next in Queue
    1-12. Umihara Kawase : Add to Wishlist (okay, sure, maybe.)

2-1. No Man's Sky : Next in Queue
    2-2. Savage Resurrection : Not Interested (multiplayer-only?  and competitive too?  definitely no)
    2-3. Steredenn : Next in Queue
    2-4. Pixel Galaxy : Next in Queue
    2-5. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart : Not Interested (much as I like Asami Imai's voice, this won't cut it)
    2-6. Kromaia : Next in Queue (looks pretty neat)
    2-7. Glorkian Warrior: The Trials of Glork : Not Interested (this would have been Next in Queue had I not clicked the trailer, which annoyed me)
    2-8. Moustache Mountain : Not Interested (challenge platformer; theming it only makes it slightly better)
    2-9. Deathstate : Next in Queue
    2-10. Vanishing Realms : Not Interested (requires VR) (lol that acronym)
    2-11. Inexistence : wishlisted on itch.io (DRM-free), Next in Queue
    2-12. 6180 the moon : Next in Queue

3-1. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition : Next in Queue
    3-2. Duskers : Next in Queue (kinda interesting, almost an Add to Wishlist)
    3-3. Gremlins, Inc. : Not Interest (looks fun but not really my thing; I don't game for analysis)
    3-4. Super Cyborg : Add to Wishlist (I previously found this randomly on Youtube)
    3-5. 8-Bit Commando : Next in Queue
    3-6. Starward Rogue : Next in Queue (seems pretty nice)
    3-7. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams : owned on GOG, Next in Queue
    3-8. TurnOn : Next in Queue (first trailer lacks gameplay, ugh)
    3-9. Ultratron : Next in Queue
    3-10. House of the Dying Sun : Next in Queue
    3-11. WWE 2K16 : Not Interested (pro wrestling game)
    3-12. War Birds: WW2 Air Strike 1942 : Next in Queue (ugh, not another OtakuMaker Studio game)
    Speedqueue again!

1-1. RPG Maker VX Ace : Already have this (key redeemed just now).  Next.
    1-2. DEADBOLT : Looks like Gunpoint but less my thing.  Not Interested.
    1-3. INSIDE : Curious.  Next.
    1-4. Sheltered : Not really interested though it seems okay?  Next.
    1-5. Riders of Icarus : MMORPG.  Not Interested.
    1-6. How to Survive 2 : Zombie Survival.  Not Interested.
    1-7. Pool Nation VR : Requires VR.  Not Interested.
    1-8. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut : Ehh.  Next.
    1-9. GIBZ : Gratuitous zombies and gore.  Not Interested.
    1-10. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord : Will play Giana Sisters TD first.  Next.
    1-11. Space Pirate Trainer : Requires VR.  Not Interested.
    1-12. Titan Attacks! : Decent-looking.  Next.

2-1. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem : Looks kinda neat and fun actually.  Add to Wishlist.
    2-2. Street Fighter V : I don't play fighting games.  Not Interested.
    2-3. Sky Force Anniversary : Raiden-like shmup?  Next.
    2-4. Highway Blossoms : Yuri VN set in the gold rush.  Anime art in this setting is kinda curious.  Next.
    2-5. Blacksea Odyssey : Multidirectional shmup, looks decent.  Next.
    2-6. Enemy Mind : Horizontal shmup where you get to take on the powers of enemy ships.  Add to Wishlist.
    2-7. 9th Dawn II : Loot-accumulating RPG.  Not Interested.
    2-8. Shmadow : Shadow-effect shmup.  Neat.  Next.
    2-9. Hyper Bounce Blast : Shmup/platformer hybrid?  Nice music.  "No skill tree" - nice!  Add to Wishlist.
    2-10. Void Invaders : Arcade action + light show?  Next.
    2-11. Toki Tori 2+ : Not interested in puzzle platformers like this.
    2-12. Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For- : VN about humanity and robots with philosophical overtone?  Add to Wishlist.

3-1. Evil Maze : Looks kinda interesting, though apparently it may have been an H game at some point, and there seems to be some controversy in the reviews.  Weird.  I'll pass this along and keep an eye on it.  Next.
    3-2. Spaceport Hope : Sci-fi metroidvania platformer.  Looks really interesting.  Add to wishlist.
    3-3. Super Night Riders : Looks kinda cool.  Would only pick this up on a big discount though.  Add to wishlist.
    3-4. Battleborn : Ehh.  Not Interested.
    3-5. A Healer Only Lives Twice : Curious.  Also a Playism game.  Next.
    3-6. The Flame in the Flood : Ehh for survival, but looks kinda neat.  Next.
    3-7. Sine Mora : Looks kinda neat.  Though 3D for shmups means the bullets are less distinct...  Next.
    3-8. Iron Snout : Kung Fury but cartoony.  Not Interested.
    3-9. Doom 3: BFG Edition : It's Doom.  Not Interested.
    3-10. Neon Drive : Looks really neat, though the gameplay seems to be basically Audiosurf, which I still haven't played.  Next.
    3-11. Ninjahtic Mind Tricks : Challenge platformer.  Not Interested.
    3-12. Last Word : Fighting using conversation?  Odd.  Next.

We're done!
    1-1. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma : A Spike Chunsoft VN.  Next in Queue.
    1-2. Jalopy : Old Car Simulator 1986?  Next in Queue.
    1-3. Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code : WTF is that name?  Anyway, fighting game.  Not Interested.
    1-4. Defend Felinearth : Multidirectional shmup featuring catpeople.  Trailer features gratuitous Japanese.  Gameplay is okay but I'm Not Interested in the flavor elements.
    1-5. Trackmania Turbo : Looks like a pretty neat racing game.  Negative reviews seem to be about things I don't care too much about (e.g. editor, online play servers).  Next in Queue.
    1-6. Crack Down : Sega Genesis game.  Not sure of genre.  Next in Queue.
    1-7. Stranger of Sword City : Possible interest.  Next in Queue.
    1-8. TowerClimb : Procedurally-generated tower-climbing platformer.  Possible interest, Next in Queue.
    1-9. Corpse Party : Horror VN told using RPG Maker.  Pretty famous.  Next in Queue.
    1-10. SMASHING THE BATTLE : Needlessly fanservicey.  Not Interested.
    1-11. Forward to the Sky : Formerly wishlisted on Steam; currently wishlisted on Humble Store.  Next in Queue.
    1-12. Bullet Heaven 2 : It's a shmup, but I don't like the art style.  Not Interested.

2-1. Super Panda Adventures : Platformer.  Possible interest.  Next in Queue.
    2-2. Sayonara Umihara Kawase : Not until I've played the first one.  Next in Queue.
    2-3. Woah Dave! : I don't like this art style.  Not Interested.
    2-4. Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition : Whimsical platformer.  Looks kinda neat.  Next in Queue.
    2-5. Kathy Rain : Mystery point-and-click.  Next in Queue.
    2-6. Shadow Complex Remastered : This is that one metroidvania for Xbox that people keep talking about.  I like the metroidvania aspect but am less excited about the aesthetic.  Next in Queue.  Would wishlist except that would only be because of trying to know what other people are talking about, which is the wrong reason to play a game.
    2-7. The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human : I remember seeing this before.  Interested.  Add to Wishlist.
    2-8. Airscape - The Fall of Gravity : Challenge platformer.  Not Interested.
    2-9. Super Space Meltdown : Looks kinda cool but people seem to hate it?  Next in Queue.
    2-10. Epistory - Typing Chronicles : Typing game?  Next in Queue.
    2-11. System Shock: Enhanced Edition : I've got SS2; will play that first.  Next in Queue.
    2-12. FEIST : Shadowy survival platformer?  Next.

3-1. Full Bore : Block puzzler.  Not my thing, even though it looks cool.  Not Interested.
    3-2. Boring Man - Online Tactical Stickman Combat : Don't really like the aesthetic.  Not Interested.
    3-3. GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R : Fighting game, Not Interested.
    3-4. Capsule Force : Ehh, seems multiplayer-focused.  Next.
    3-5. Gunslugs 2 : I think I have another game like this already on my library.  Next.
    3-6. SteamWorld Dig : Not really too interested for some reason.  Probably the crafting part is meh to me.  Not Interested.
    3-7. Samorost 3 : Possible interest; Next.
    3-8. Miracle Fly : Aware of this already.  Might be too difficult without sufficient flavor justification for my taste.  Next.
    3-9. The Desolate Hope : Kinda neat?  Add to Wishlist.
    3-10. Kindred Spirits on the Roof : Another MangaGamer VN.  Yuri VN.  Ehh.  Not Interested.
    3-11. Bloo Kid 2 : Nice music!  And good-looking aesthetic and gameplay too.  Add to Wishlist.
    3-12. XenoRaptor : Multidirectional shmup, Early Access.  Next.
    1-1. Planetary Annihilation: TITANS : Next in Queue
    1-2. The Ship: Remastered on Steam : Next in Queue
    1-3. Battle Brothers: Next in Queue
    1-4. BioShock: Next in Queue
    1-5. Audioshield : Requires VR.  Not Interested.
    1-6. A Chair in a Room: Greenwater : Requires VR, Not Interested.
    1-7. The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed : Requires VR, Not Interested.
    1-8. FINAL FANTASY IX : STOP SHOUTING, MAYBE LATER, NEXT IN QUEUE
    1-9. Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! : Clearly very exciting fighting game based on the number of exclamation points, but still Not Interested.  Also irritatingly fanservicey.
    1-10. VEGA Conflict : Looks kinda neat, but multiplayer-only.  Not Interested.
    1-11. Tower Unite : Next in Queue
    1-12. Space Pirates And Zombies 2 : Have 1, will play first.  Next in Queue

2-1. Star Trek Online : Next
    2-2. Exanima : Next
    2-3. Death Ray Manta SE : Next
    2-4. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved : Next
    2-5. Broken Bots : Next
    2-6. Weapon of Choice : Looks a little odd art-wise but possibly decent.  Next.
    2-7. Color Symphony 2 : Interesting.  Three words rather than just light and dark.  Next.
    2-8. Recursion Deluxe : Possible interest because it looks (and sounds) nice, but I'm not sure how much patience I have for these sorts of games.  Next.
    2-9. Aerannis : I've heard about this one before.  Possible interest.  Wishlisted.
    2-10. B.A.D. Battle Armor Division : Next
    2-11. The Purring Quest : Next
    2-12. BattleStorm : Next

3-1. Sonic CD : Sure why not.  Wishlisted.
    3-2. Tadpole Treble : This is the Brawl In The Family creator's game!  Wishlisted.
    3-3. Cellar : Maybe.  Sure.  Wishlisted.
    3-4. Seduce Me 2: The Demon War : Not Interested
    3-5. Whispering Willows : Next
    3-6. Trap House : Next
    3-7. Eon Altar : Requires mobile controller app.  Would say Not Interested but the design idea seems rather neat.
    3-8. The Renegades of Orion 2.0 : Ugh, another OtakuMaker Studio game.  Looks ehh.  Next.
    3-9. Tic-Toc-Tower : Curious challenge, though still a challenge game.  Not really my thing.  Not Interested.
    3-10. Catlateral Damage : Cat Mayhem Simulator.  Not Interested.
    3-11. Isbarah : Curious.  Next.
    3-12. The Hat Man: Shadow Ward : Not Interested

No more queues...I'm going to be AFK until the end of the sale.  Already picked up what I wanted to buy -- The Hurricane of Varstray and Tales of Symphonia.