If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: Leave

in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Fookin' isolationist/nativist types.

Comments

• edited 2016-06-24 13:02:03
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Well I kind of think the EU is way too big of a governing body
    Like not out of nationalism but that kind of thing really screws over markets and exploits the less fortunate
    I understand that the vote was won on super-terrible principles but the outcome was what I'd have gone for too. I can't claim to know exactly where the world goes after this, but the majority of the doom and gloom the news-cycle is peddling is probably not going to change things that much unless something really insane happens like David Cameron resigning wth man.

Also Draghi's financial policy is dumb <_<
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Silver lining is that the UK might stop laughing at the US's George W. Bush, Tea Party, Donald Trump, etc. problem.
  • Iron Pill is disappoint.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    No way that
    1. UKIP/Nigel Farage are on that level
    2. George Bush was this much of an influence on market volatility.
    Nigel Farage is way too awkward/incompetent (the preemptive loss speech, declaring INDEPENDENCE DAY etc) to even be a Scary Actual Possibility anyways.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    On the positive side, the Britons will now be able to travel abroad without leaving the island. (The Irish, now, might just find the opposite.)
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Austerity a shit.
    Isolationism a shit. 
    United Ireland would be cool, as well as an independent Scotland. A gal I know in Wales hopefully isn't too fucked over by the Leave voters.
  • Alright, could someone explain why everybody (by which I mean TVT) is reacting like the UK is about to collapse?

(Do we have any Brits left besides Naas?)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm not sure Naas even is a Brit.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Alright, could someone explain why everybody (by which I mean TVT) is reacting like the UK is about to collapse?

"Oh shit the economy"?

But i think at this point this is all very new and very confusing and nobody's quite sure what's going to happen or what the practical implications of this are, and there's been a fair bit of scaremongering from both camps.  Farage coming out within hours of the result and saying, "Sorry lads, that NHS thing might have been an eensie-weensie fib" probably didn't help.

The Prime Minister has resigned, without initiating Article 50, to the dismay of the Leave leaders who will now have to carry the responsibility for whatever happens next.  The Labour party is imploding on itself (9 shadow cabinet members have quit and counting, while Corbyn faces a vote of no confidence).  Withdrawing from the EU would apparently void the Good Friday agreement (uh oh) and #indyref2 is trending on twitter.  There are also people calling for a second referendum, or speculating over whether Parliament will reject the result (unlikely, but they still have to vote on this) and Sturgeon has implied Holyrood might veto Brexit.  Meanwhile the EU itself has made it clear they want us out ASAP rather than dragging this out to the point where other member states start copying us.

On top of all that there's the reasons for the withdrawal.  Xenophobia and racism set the tone of the initial debate, and it's unsettling to think that such a large proportion of one's countrymen were on board with that.  It's worrisome to many people with ethnic minority backgrounds, or relatives or spouses from Europe.  A Britain First supporter murdered an MP in public, and an attack of that kind hasn't happened here in decades.  The social climate is pretty grim right now.
  • Oh hey, I summoned Bobby. Hi Bobby!

I think it's going to take a while before I understand what all that means. Ah well. Meanwhile, best of luck, UK!
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Hi.  GMH summoned me. ^_^

Thanks for the luck.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Because it's been a while since the last Spurdo and the timing is right.