If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Funny things found on students' assignments

in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Description: "looks wrinkly & not like a mushroom"
Identification: "Mushroom"

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I saw some amusing autocorrect errors.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    If you're going to copy someone's assignment,
    1. make sure they have the right answer
    2. make sure you copy it correctly

as for #2, someone turned a badly-written "waters" into "naters".

See, this is how I can tell who copied from whom.  The more incoherent one is the second one to be written.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ now, I could say something about what not to do when copying from Wikipedia.
  • edited 2016-03-15 20:03:55
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "blouncy"

(the student was likely talking about "buoyancy")

("bouncy" would have made grammatical but not contentful sense)
  • edited 2016-03-15 23:58:28
    If you're going to copy someone's assignment,
    1. make sure they have the right answer

Our Calc 4 prof. didn't give a shit about the class, so at one exam everybody was passing around a sheet with solved stuff. I was struggling with the class so when it was my turn to get the sheet I thought I'd cheat for once and read it. Unfortunately, there was a sign error in the problem I needed help thing and the whole thing was wrong (more like wronsk amirite?), so I circled it, marked it with "error" or something and passed the sheet around. The ones after me ignored that and still wrote the solution with the mistake in it.

(The prof. didn't notice/care about it anyways.)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    "blouncy"

(the student was likely talking about "buoyancy")

("bouncy" would have made grammatical but not contentful sense)

*contextual   
  • I usually don't like making fun of students but someone literally wrote that 8 ≥ 34 on their midterm.