If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

That's a cool story. Adaptation to harsh conditions giving an overall edge.

Until they meet their nemesis, of course. Children of a mining town, they played basket in narrow corridors cut in hard coal, where lack of space for passing the ball forced them to treat the game as a series of dribble duels.

• edited 2015-11-14 00:26:00
    Diet NEET
    >old roomie marked as Safe on FB in Paris kerfuffle
    Wow, shit is getting real(no guarantee the gal was anywhere near the attack site, but still). 
  • You can change. You can.

An open letter to the tanned
    badly combed
    Anti-charismatic
    National embarrassment
    Known as Candidate Donald Trump

The man’s irrational. He claims that we in league
    With China in some vast international intrigue?
    Bitch, please! 

You wouldn’t know what we work for
    You're nothing but a bore
    You never show up to work
    Give my regards to Ivanka
    Next time you rant about your rivals

At least we do our job for our survival
    That line is behind me
    I crossed it again
    While the candidate lost it again 

Aw, such a rough loan
    Just one million?
    Better tell your wife
    That you can’t deal with strife
    They were calling you a dick back in ‘06

And you haven’t done anything new since
    What you’re doing has no defense 
    So drop the pretense and stop the offense 
    grow some common sense 
    and cut this whole expense

And all your little minions
    Maybe they can confirm
    I don’t care if you’ll deport my ass cuz of this submission
    I’m ending your campaign
    Sit down, Don, you tanned motherfucker! 

• Also, Mizzou ain't got shit on the preppest frat over here(scroll down a bit for a clip of the room): http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/minerva-leden-in-opspraak-om-nazi-kamer~a4185814/
    They have an entire musical going into its fifth run about what their members did in the resistance during WW2, so this is somewhat of an embarassment(if only because the conversion looks so half-arsed). 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    http://karaswalkhome.mortgage/track/american-soccer

what the hell?  .mortgage is a top level domain now?
  • edited 2015-11-16 13:49:44
    Everything is a top-level domain now lol.

Also, I just checked and cardgage.mortgage is totally available for anyone who wants to spend $49 a year on a silly joke domain.
  • Man, I hope .princess becomes a TLD soon.
    .yourmom's going to become a top level domain! :PPPP
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Man, I hope .princess becomes a TLD soon.
    It's not yet? ;-;
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So, today I've met a classmate I lost track of some two or three years ago. Even tried to hit on her, back in the day, which is relevant in the sense that it obviously must've looked appealing back then. But now? Like a frickin' robot. Like she was a public speaker reading out prepared statements. I swear, she had that streak before, but I used to draw some contentment out of conversations with her. She told me she was accepted as an intern in a hospital, or how do you call that freshly-out-of-med-school job. She's to analyze tissue samples, perform autopsies, stuff like that. I think someone smarted out and put her where her patients wouldn't mind her.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    So my house (alongside tens of thousands of others in the Vancouver area) was hit with a power outage due to yesterday's windstorm. Lights went out at 5:30 in the evening, and they only just came back on for us about ten minutes ago (around 12:30 in the morning).
  • Conference abstract on Chaos; Head got accepted. Time to ramp up the hilarity.
    Conference abstract on Chaos; Head got accepted. Time to ramp up the hilarity.

More details please.
  • Meat and bones of the abstract I send in to the conference on TV culture: "Tamaki Saito analyzes this doujin creation as a ""ritual of possession" practiced within the otaku community(1)." In this paper, I argue that this ritual of possession is connected to Jane Bennett's theories on the hoarder. Her writing on the vitality of matter will be used to show the otaku not as Hiroki Azuma's database animal, but as someone who understands the agency of the material and its social dimensions, using the anime television series Chaos; Head, its merchandise and samples of its derivative fan works as a case study. The self-reflexive nature of the show with regards to otaku culture makes it ideal for this analysis, and my preliminary conclusion is that it is an example of how the agency of the object can serve as a catalyst of interaction instead of a conduit of isolation."

Reading this, I'm no longer sure I watched Chaos;Head at all.
    Reading this, I'm trying hard to think of sociology as not terminology bullshit but kinda failing.

...so is your point that fans aren't just passively receiving information but actively participating in creating a media experience, and derivative fan works are an example of this?
  • It's heavily jargonized, especially now that interdisciplinary trends mash every academic field under the sun together. Your normiespeak translation is pretty good. The hip new thing is not just looking at the text itself and its interpretation by a supposed universal viewer, but looking at how it is consumed and what the text itself does with it. Sort of a combo of postmodernism and new materialism. Since the series in my abstract has a delusional hiki who does nothing but play VNs and MMOs as a protag until he goes pro after being badgered enough by his harem, and a marketing machine that churns out the products seen in the show while also having plenty of self-referential in-jokes aside from the usual lewd stuff. Of course, the thesis set-up can be done with nearly every popular television show, but the lens of new materialism hasn't really been used that prominently, at least when I searched for it.  
  • There are people that actually work in the Netherlands, right?
  • Presumably, yes, though I've never seen anyone with a job. We're almost entirely funded by being a tax haven. 
    Tomorrow's my last day of work
    Apparently that means "Pile it on the intern"
  • You can do it! I believe in you! 
    ぇぃo('ε'*o)三(o*'з')oぇぃ(*'∀'*)9ぉぅッ♪
    フレ♪\(^▽^〃)♪フレヽ(〃^O^〃)ノ♪(〃^-^)/ガンバ♪
    Believe in DYRE who believes in you!

Meanwhile, at my school:
    Emergency alerts are sent out in three ways: e-mail, text message, and computer-recited voice message.

The message:
    Mason Alert: University phone service interruption.  In an emergency use a university phone to reach University Police by dialing 911 or 703-993-2810 see email

The way it was recited:
    Messon Alert University phone service interruption, in an emergency use a university phone to reach University Police by dialing nine hundred, eleven, or seven zero three, nine nine three, two eight one zero see email

My emphasis
    Looks like a flame war over a comma is in the making.
  • When you write it as "911" instead of "9-1-1" how is the computer supposed to tell it's a phone number and not just a numeric quantity?
  • edited 2015-11-20 01:19:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Looks like a flame war over a comma is in the making.

"Nine hundred eleven" or "nine hundred and eleven" is the way the quantity is read.
    The emergency number is read as "nine one one".
    (For comprehensiveness's sake, the date of the famous terrorist attack in New York City is read "nine eleven" or "September Eleven(th)" in American English.)

I inserted a comma only because that's what the silly reading made it sound like.
  • I think it'd be pretty reasonable for the software to pronounce it "nine one one" if it comes after "dialing", "calling", etc.. It's not exactly an obscure situation.
  • DYRE wrote: »
    I think it'd be pretty reasonable for the software to pronounce it "nine one one" if it comes after "dialing", "calling", etc.. It's not exactly an obscure situation.

True.

But usually when I see it written out in "official" contexts it's got the hyphens in it. *shrug*
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So it's safe to say this place is closing in on dying?
  • I'm not sure how it's not outright dead yet.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

You guys probably tired out the current topics and achieved FORUM NIRVANA

Y'all need some chaos in this bitch. Hoes and dimes, maybe some Blazebullet references and people crying about the state of TVT? Actually no, TVT's actually pretty good now.