If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Turns out I'm FB friends with the perp of the threat, he's your standard edgelord. Don't think he really suffered from any lack of poon or roneriness, so this is most likely just LARPing as a fuck society type.
  • edited 2015-10-08 03:51:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Mouse discovered on premises yesterday evening.

Mouse has been captured just now.

Appears to be a healthy small mouse, grey fur, little pink paws, about 1.75 in body length.  Most likely a house mouse (Mus musculus).  Forgot to identify gender before releasing it far, far away, but I think it was female based on what I remember from watching it pee.

It climbed into the bin of recyclable bags, and basically bagged itself in a sealable bag.  How convenient.

Edit: FYI, mouse was then released into a dark field (as it is nighttime), several houses worth of distance away.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Now I wonder, should I point out you didn't give the unit of length, or assume this is the correct procedure for this type of report.
  • >article in newspaper that he was an alternative metal fan
    >apparently he is a serial cuck
    >anonymous member of the student association says that there are more weirdos at our society
    >board reacts in a horrendously neutral manner to the newspaper article
    Oh god, I love this world. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Now I wonder, should I point out you didn't give the unit of length, or assume this is the correct procedure for this type of report.

I was debating whether I should have written "1.75 in in body length".
  • Because spelling out "inches" certainly wasn't an option.
    Prose was beige.
  • Alternatively, spell "in.", the stop makes it clear it is a contraction.
  • Because spelling out "inches" certainly wasn't an option.

Gotta save space. The word "inches" is almost 1 in length.
  • You could also spell it "4.5 centimeters in body length".
    Tatterhood wrote: »
    Because spelling out "inches" certainly wasn't an option.

Gotta save space. The word "inches" is almost 1 in length.

1262559782159.jpg
  • I was accepted to Ohio State's Civil Engineering program effecting Spring Semester 2016. Go me!
    I was accepted to Ohio State's Civil Engineering program effecting Spring Semester 2016. Go me!

Congratulations!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Congrats! So, what is this program about, is it some stipend? Sounds like it's more than just enrolling.
    A joke common among engineering students here: "when I think of what kind of engineer I am, I'm afraid to go to the doctor."
  • edited 2015-10-11 01:36:53
    I just saw this:
    "Anyone can build a bridge. It takes an engineer to just barely build a bridge."

Besides that, I guess there's "drawing with an accuracy of eye percent". (freehanding)
    Snowed the whole frigging day. Where's the global warming when you need it!?
  • Observation: the lolbertarian and the proggy side of the nerd culture wars both simultaneously consist of ineffectual weaklings who are too cushioned from the real world to realize how little power they have due to their whiny nature, constant infighting and inherent cowardice, and are also all-oppressive forces seeping into and manipulating every aspect of society. It's like there's a need for surrogate J00s in people's lives to make the world make sense(the punchline is that the enterprising altrighter will accuse everyone involved of being a J00 pawn). 
  • What are you even defining as the factions here? That description only really seems to map to /pol/ (or stormfront, for a completely non-ironic example) and the srs crowd. The great mass of people in between doesn't seem to fit.
  • Sorta right, I was aiming at /pol/sters, anti-SJWs of the freeze peach kind, unironic meninists vs. r/ShitRedditSays, hashtag activists and Tumblrinas whose main activism occurs through fandom blogs. Besides, why can't I mock crude generalizations by making crude generalizations?
  • Remember Little Witch Academia? A sequel was released recently.
    A couple days ago I read some stuff about the Baader-Meinhof phenomenom (that thing where learning about something makes that thing seem to come up often), and since then I've had a lot of just-read stuff come up shortly afterwards.
    And I recently learned that the greeks didn't literally believe that things were made of earth, fire, wind or water, it's just an abstraction. I'm disappointed.
  • Remember Little Witch Academia? A sequel was released recently.
    Wait that's out???
  • As of ten days ago, yeah.
  • edited 2015-10-22 20:52:22
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You know, since it's been the debate night and the elections are this week, I'll take my turn to complain* about local politics. I won't speak of how one or another came out in the debate, but I'll give you a run-down of the major contenders:

PO - the ruling party, and that's pretty much all you can say about their agenda. They're supposed to be sorta centre-right, mildly liberal-conservative folks. In practice, spent the last eight years barely doing anything in line with professed ideology. To be honest, at the start they declared themselves "the warm water party", as in, we just do our job instead of playing ideological games, except it's more like they've been keeping the status quo and pretending it's all that needs to be done. Currently led by the protege of the former Prime Minister, who put her in front and fled to a cushy post in Brussels.

PiS - the major opposition party. I'd call them social nationalists, but that sounds too much like Nazis for them. Beholden to the leader, an intellectual who apparently fanatically believes in his own vision (which is surprisingly fluid, but Viktor Orban's style of ruling could be a good approximation) and himself in the guiding role. Also, raising personal loyalty above any merit and riding a wave of conspiracy theorism.  Hard to say anything for sure about their policies, but anyway, they will be inevitably overshadowed by their antics. Interestingly, currently headed by the protege of the leader, who put her in front when he realized too many people dislike him to do any good in the elections.

ZL - the old left, sort of. They're a fusion of the old, post-commie cleptocrats, with the new left splitters from the PO, so technically they're a mix of the old left and the new left, but the supposed "new left" part was from the beginning a vanity project of the leader. Headed by, well, not a protege this time, but the leaders of the "old left" and the "new left" constituent parties put her in front to avoid personal infighting and to avoid turning away people who have a personal dislike for either of them.

Razem - the new left, as in, a new leftist faction made of leftie folks fed up with the antics of mainstream left parties. Can't say much about them, they're making a good impression (not unlike a cute special needs child), but we will see how much does it translate into votes. I don't mention leaders as I know of none specific.

Kukiz '15 - a middle-aged punk rocker with opinions on politics out to start his own. Got some 20% of the vote in presidential elections, but now, as a party, flounders around 5% threshold in polls. The program pretty much boils down to "we should change the voting system" and "we're not yet another party", although it's rather safe to say they're right-wingers.

PSL - the agrarian party in coalition with PO. As PO's rule is apparently near its end, they've been cautiously distancing themselves from PO (you know, kinda like rats and a sinking ship). Actually the one party where a leader is chosen by members' vote like you'd expect. They've adapted to almost every single government since back when they were based in Austria, and skillful nepotism and sheer number of rank-and-file members mean that 5% is pretty much guaranteed. What? Oh, yes, the program. Furthering the interest of farmers and the countryside.

Nowoczesna - a party started by an economist and part-time media commenter. A bit like a reboot of PO, appealing to the "hip" or "corporate" urban populace, professing a liberal agenda in economics, and in the rare occasions they speak of beyond the economics, liberal also in other matters. The leader treads a line between respectable (a professional, a respected economist, someone from outside the system, so on) and sleazy (the dude has a bit of a poor track record when it comes to economic advice).

KORWIN - led by  the most infamous suspected Asperger's sufferer around, a guy called Janusz Korwin-Mikke aka Pan Janusz ("Mr Janusz"), aka Korwin Krul ("Keeng Korwin") aka Janusz Korwin One Percent, aka Korwa (trolling the ponies - see below - by portmaneau'ing his name with a swear word), aka the Cyborg Ozjasz Goldberg. I'd call it a vanity project, but every single party he's been in was a vanity project, it's just made official now. His voters are known as ponies, because they're stereotypically a bunch of fanatical ponytail-wearing metalhead wimps who've never worked for a living and experience the world through a computer screen or, at best, an occasional hacker party on their academic campus. Would be the kind of folks whose blogs Insanity reads for funzies, except they're more into Austrian school of economics. The leader guy is sort of like Eliezer Yudkowsky if he was a love child of Ayn Rand and Joseph de Maistre, suffering from a rare form of Tourette syndrome fixated on Hitler (all of which explain why the ponies are so fanatical about him).

* actually it doesn't really make me complain, it more like makes me laugh, but I'm keeping up with the tradition of complaining about politics.

By "liberal in economics" do you mean pro-business/anti-intervention-in-markets/Austrian stuff or do you mean pro-socioeconomic-justice/raise-the-minimum-wage/etc. sort of things?
    The former, broadly speaking. You Americans and your silly problems. 
  • >according to our previous check-up, you drink 10 units of alcohol per day
    This is my week quotum, you dolts.
    Tomorrow's the voting day, which means media silence on politics. Sort of like silence before the shitstorm. Oh my, I look forward to all the whinery and hysteria and bullshit.