If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why are you on the forum?

edited 2014-11-23 19:56:15 in IJBM meta

For my contribution:

Originally, my reason was that I felt aimless on TV Tropes after the subforum got nuked, and despite its problems, some of the people in it were pretty cool. So I felt I would follow them over here. A lot of those people left citing the forum's toxicity, and I'm not sure how much it got better or worse since the "dogpile on Chagen" days. But since those people left and the collective forum's interests became increasingly narrow, so did my motivation for being here, and now it seems I'm here only to fill time.

Comments

• Force of habit and the community(snark/substance and schadenfreude/empathy levels I'm comfortable with). 

• a little muffled

It's in my bookmark bar and I impulsively click things there when I'm bored.

• Nyktos wrote:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm just used to responding to things on the internet, on places I'm familiar with.

• Nyktos wrote:

• I see this forum as a Boggart internet warren, a place to share our findings and experiences.

(Reminds self to post some images I've been hoarding.)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

As an open question, what would you like this forum to be?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Glenn: on one hand, I wish there were couple more folks in here. On the other, you guys in here happen to belong to those chosen few who don't piss me off. (Sorry if that sounds rad.) So, seems mostly fine, if not without some room for improvement.

For me - a period of disillusionment with TVT, together with the fact that IJBM seemed like a logical forum of refuge. Staying mostly for the mood.

You know, like, you come back from work, go to the local pub for a pint. You share a gaze with the man at the next table and drink in silence. For a moment you feel a fleeting sense of brotherhood, filled with the grimly satisfying knowledge that you are in company of men who are just as much miserable, ill-fitting losers as you are. The other men nod in understanding as you rise and, perhaps murmuring a generic complaint, leave. 

Something like that, I guess. 

• Because my laptop's modem starting working poorly and I couldn't keep a stable connection to #yackfest.

• I signed up the day the forum began because I thought I was gonna miss IJBM the first. Now I only occasionally come by out of some strange sense of obligation.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:03:28

[user deleted]

• Came here after the original IJBM got shut down and wanted a place to hang out and nitpick trivial things in my life. Now though I just kinda hang out here out of habit.

• so i can have somewhere to rant without getting banned.
  • probably human

Sort of casually stumbled here after the death of  the first IJBM. Still lurk every once and a while because... I've been here for a long time, I guess? 

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Naas_Human wrote:

I have no idea.

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I'm here because I got unbanned

And I discovered a new word! CUCK!

As in CUCKHOLD!

You Cuckhold! Cuckle cuckle cuckle cucklespaniel
  • No rainbow star
    I'm hear because nostalgia and wanted to see if the place was even running anymore
  • edited 2016-02-13 08:35:25
    Icalasari wrote: »
    I'm hear because nostalgia

Does nostalgia cure deafness?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    the sound of nostalgia

a play by bach