If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

vocaroo doesn't work on my phone

edited 2014-08-21 21:02:09 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It can't seem to recognize the fact that my phone has a built-in microphone.

Comments

• I forget, does Vocaroo still require Flash?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yes.  That's not the problem, though.

• I'm just kind of horrified--albeit unsurprised--that people are still loading that years-old version of Flash Player onto their phones.

Vocaroo's version of Flash is very old?

• edited 2014-08-22 09:34:19

Adobe abandoned the Android version of Flash Player in, like, 2012, but for whatever reason people are evidently still installing it.

I was never very impressed with it, myself; it managed to feel just as bloated and crashy on a tablet as it did on a mid-2000s PC.

• Adobe also (temporarily?) abandoned the Ubuntu version of Flash Player, so I'll probably need Chrome since it has its own Flash Player built in.

I'm using Dolphin.

• edited 2014-08-26 00:39:54
    a little muffled

Naas_Human wrote:
    Adobe also (temporarily?) abandoned the Ubuntu version of Flash Player, so I'll probably need Chrome since it has its own Flash Player built in.
    They've completely abandoned Flash for Linux as far as I can tell. It still works fine (you know, by Flash standards) on modern Firefox though.