If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: IJBM and HH (and all Vanilla sites?) re-load pages from scratch every time

edited 2014-06-13 18:43:19 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

so if I've typed up a reply to a post, then navigate away from the page, I lose everything I've typed.

This keyboard, incidentally, likes to mess me up with that.  Usually, I hit tab twice, once to go to "back to discussions" and a second time to go to "post comment", and then press enter.  This keyboard sometimes doesn't register both hits of tab, causing me to press enter after hitting tab twice but actually registering only one hit -- causing me to go back to the main forum and not actually post anything at all.  And then I lose everything I'd typed.

Comments

• That's why I press Save Draft often.

Sometimes I also ctrl+C for good measure.

• a little muffled

Am I crazy or didn't it use to auto-save draft?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think so...and the board also used to not reload from scratch every time.

Shouldn't be too hard to re-enable this, actually...I'll go ask UE about it.

• edited 2014-06-15 04:15:56
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

[04:02:34] btw Unknown_Entity, do you remember why we disabled draft autosave?
    [04:02:55] because it kept spamming up people's drafts folder with crap

Oh.  Right.  Hm.

• What if you enabled autosave of the drafts but lengthened the delay?