If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

OpenCarry

edited 2014-06-07 07:29:52 in General
There is love everywhere, I already know

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Naas_Human wrote:

Because America

• Naas_Human wrote:

Because America

• Gun control is one of those issues that I'm kind of on the fence on.

On the one hand, I can see the need to reduce violence, but on the other trying to make guns illegal to distribute is almost guaranteed to cause even more problems (see: prohibition).

In Australia, for example, semi-automatic weapons are banned. This ultimately resulted in people creating their own homemade semi-automatic firearms (which are a good deal more prone to mechanical failure than professionally manufactured guns), and selling them on the black market.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Anybody making homemade guns (unless it's like, for science) is probably not the best person to be giving guns to in the first place.

Is there something about semi-automatic weapons that is specifically better for self defense than with other guns? If so, why didn't the government consider legalizing them?

Prohibition was much larger scale than guns. Alcohol was already a big, normalized deal all over the world. Nobody hands out guns at parties (or the day spa). The items in question are really too different to consider as it being the same if either were banned.

I'm not saying guns should be banned, it should just be much harder to get them and they should only go to people who've passed thorough background checks. It should also be easy to get gun licenses revoked. Granted, this would entail a system of lots of checks and balances but that's what would be best.