If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"You are too young to be this cynical"

GAPGAP
edited 2014-05-04 20:50:17 in General

I hear this a lot on the internet and in real life but when you consider the economy, the job market, Ukraine, school shootings, job politics and a variety of other things, it is somewhat difficult to not be cynical. I am not a cynic myself but when is it considered to be too young to be cynical?

Comments

• 1. 1 year old is too young to be cynical.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:06:14

[user deleted]

• I read a few articles on it and there seems to be a consensus that twenty-somethings, teenagers and children are too young to be cynical especially since they haven't been tested yet.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:06:11

[user deleted]

• Why is it dumb?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think cynicism is based very much on one's experiences and upbringing.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:06:22

[user deleted]

• GAPGAP
    edited 2014-05-08 14:22:17

So it really doesn't matter what age you are because your views are influenced by your experiences and upbringing.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:06:28

[user deleted]

• edited 2014-05-12 15:49:15
    Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Kraken wrote:

Yes.

You tell someone "You're too young to be this cynical", you're saying that you have a preconceived idea of what age it is for someone to have a certain state of mind, and that you don't actually care about their personal experiences.

Which makes you the asshole.

Thank you for saying this. My dad's last girlfriend used to go on about this with a dippy tragic look on her face. Took everything I had not to fire back "Bitch aren't you a little old to be this naïve?" 

• So age is just a number in this regard, huh?