If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The newest version of Firefox.

edited 2014-05-09 22:39:09 in General

The menu is on the right side of the screen instead of the left. I don't like it.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

/me still uses traditional menu bar

/me also uses Firefox 24 ESR

• There is love everywhere, I already know

The menu is on the right side of the screen instead of the left. I don't like it.

You forgot to mention how everything else has changed for no reason.

For reference: I still don't use the quote button here and that's been around at least two months (also CD romanticism).

• They're somethin' else.

*laugh track*

• Firefox 29 basically represents the point where Mozilla's developers said "fuck it, let's just be Chrome."

• It really is.  Which is weird, because you'd think that, like... if all of the major web browsers that aren't Chrome are just turning into Chrome... what reason is there to even use them instead of actual Chrome?

• a little muffled

Well for one thing I'm not aware of any other browsers that are planning on removing the ability to see URLs...

Nyktos wrote:

Well for one thing I'm not aware of any other browsers that are planning on removing the ability to see URLs...

wait, what?

• a little muffled

Here, but assuming this article is more accurate than the one I read before (which I can't find now) it's not as bad as I'd though.

I thought that already happened when Firefox took away the menu bar and title bar.

• There was some obvious Chrome influence there, yeah, but now they're being really blatant about it.

• My arms are falling off!

I switched away from Firefox to Chrome a few versions ago. I got tired of the slowness, even if it's the only browser left with any sort of vertical tab functionality (third-party or otherwise) seeing as Chrome and Opera took it away.

• It's strange; academically, I can understand the appeal of vertical tabs (especially on large 16:9 displays), but for some reason I could never really get into it.

I recently started using vertical tabs (thanks to @Raydere mentioning it!), actually.

Odd observation: horizontal tabs I hated being organized in a tree style.  Vertical tabs I prefer to be organized in a tree style.