If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I went to the Denver Comic Con in June

Stan Lee ditched the con at the last minute for one in Philadelphia

• What a con artist.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Oh, and in case anyone hasn't heard, I'm moving to HH indefinitely because I honestly don't see how IJBM will ever be that entertaining again.

• >view album uploads from some dudette's b-day party

>someone snuck up on me going to the bathroom and took pictures apparently

Why.jpg

• My laptop's monitor sometimes flickers. I hope it doesn't malfunction.

• At least it doesn't randomly decide to turn off when you're typing something.

• edited 2013-11-28 14:02:03
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Newsflash from Poland:

* a shop owner wanted to get rid of hooligan graffiti. After many attempts at painting over the wall of his shop at his own cost, he finally decided he's leaving that job to the owner of the building, a local cooperative which should be responsible for the graffiti removal. Shortly afterward, a huge graffiti appeared on the wall, with the cooperative's chairman's approval. On the other hand, the municipal police threatened the shopkeeper with fines if he doesn't paint it over.

* an old lady asked the social support for firewood, so she could warm her house during the winter. She was given an entire tree trunk, in convenient metre-in-diameter pieces. 

* a new fast train route was opened. As usual, there was that whole big show, ministers paying visits, inaugural rides and all that stuff. A week later it was closed. Turned out a bridge along the way needed repairs. It was damaged in 1968.

* a priest was accused of child molestation. He's now running a charity helping children. Along the way, he asked a local drug dealer to forge a recording of the victim recalling her testimony. His archbishop stated publicly that it's not paedophilia if she was fifteen.

* a huge corruption scandal was unveiled. The man who figured it out was, allegedly, fired. Joke on the street is that he should be glad he didn't commit suicide. If you know what I mean.

Except for the last one, all of these stories are from today. Because the fact that it's not as bad as some other doesn't mean it's not a fucked-up place. :)

• edited 2013-12-03 22:33:08

Man this is a slow forum.

I don't want it to die just as I join.

Come on, people; we can do this.  We can make IJBM entertaining.  Don't just go to HH, contribute to the place that this could be.

If needs be, I'll post my favorite rants from HH, and bring entertainment that way.  If I have to start posting rants only to this forum, I will.  I just barely got let in here, and it just bugs me that you guys are jumping ship just after letting me join.

• edited 2013-12-03 23:22:45

If it helps, I'm still not going to HH if they don't change the color scheme. :V

• ^^ Welcome!

^ For some reason I can't get myself to visit HH regularly.

• edited 2013-12-04 17:30:17

Ironically, IJBM is the reason HH uses the color scheme it does...AU originally left it on the default Vanilla Blue, but then when IJBM moved to this server it also used Vanilla Blue for a week or so, so AU switched to Vanilla Poppy and we've kept it ever since.

I quite like it myself, but...*shrug*

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think HH does have a problem where it uses light blue text for some things, like PMs.

• Light blue text for PMs? That's certainly not intentional...something must be broken again. >_<

• I don't like the reddish text on thread titles...

• edited 2013-12-05 10:38:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I bought the Game Music Bundle 6 (the currrent GMB) yesterday.

I paid $10 using loudr.fm's payment system (GMB is now hosted there).

It charged me $10 three times.

They haven't yet replied to the e-mail I sent them like, immediately yesterday.

In other news, I think Galbadia Hotel died.  While I am saddened by this, I am also a bit surprised by how long it lasted in the first placed.

• Might wanna talk to your bank. Something like that happened with me on PayPal (there were two occasions when I got charged twice for a single purchase), and they managed to get me my money back.

• You think THIS is a dying forum?  Man, let me tell you about where I come from... (GMH knows). 

• Nelson Mandela has passed away.

• "Nelson Mandela has passed away."

I wish I'd learned more about him.  He was an amazing person.

• Important people keep passing away whenever I have term papers due.

loudr.fm seems to have refunded me $20 after I e-mailed them about it.

Also my bank has a cute thing that, upon timeout, instead of warning me of a timeout, asks "Are you still there?".

• ^^^ I know, right?

About time I found an image macro of this:

I can't help but feel a little like our generation missed out on witnessing some of the formative events that gave rise to great leaders like Nelson Mandela.  As a result, for some of us, their greatness is seen in a sort of intellectual way, rather than an emotional, experiential way, and thus bears the sense of an informed trait.

I know I used to be like that.  "Nelson Mandela" was a name that I'd heard a lot about but it was all, like, "someone else says that this person is important".  It took years for me to learn the significance of his accomplishments.

• Yes, that kinda happens when you're temporally and spatially displaced to experience the significance of somebody and their life. We can't all be Time Lords, ya know.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I can't help but feel a little like our generation missed out on witnessing some of the formative events that gave rise to great leaders like Nelson Mandela.

that's cause we weren't alive

Anyways, while he was nowhere near perfect (and everybody just loves to forget de Clerk existed) he was a good leader. Plus if you'd been paying attention to him it was kind of expected (Which is why all the memorial stuff seems to have been prepared months ago, before he left hospital even, Carte Blanche's Memorial Special is airing tonight).

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

I can't see any grave bad sides to Mandela. People like Gandhi or MLK, yeah, they have their dark sides glossed over, but Mandela pretty much just did what was necessary.

And de Clerk opened the way to the end of Apartheid, but in the end he *was* an Apartheid politician, so he really does deserve far less respect.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Wow, Octo is back.

Also:

I can't see any grave bad sides to Mandela. 

...I see what you did there.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Sorta-kinda. Though this forum seems to have caught a bad case of deadness.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

That got me thinking. Was de Clerk an Apartheid politician who realized Apartheid is bad, or just one who realized it is bad for him? That'd make a lot of difference.