If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Horoscopes

edited 2013-09-03 16:43:52 in Philosophy
My arms are falling off!

I honestly do not get them at all. They're effectively religion in an even more novelty form for to me. I normally would not bitch about this, but I tend to see posts pertaining to one's own horoscope on Tumblr and other social thingies (usually reposted or automated), and they're some of the first things I tend to filter away when I have access to filtering software.

The one time I'll care about them is if we're discussing the ZODIAC units in RefleX.

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm actually an amateur astrologist.

It's all a crock of bullshit, sure, but not a bad skill to impress friends with and have some fun.

• It is definitely got religious trappings.

Which is cool because I'm a big fan of religions.

• a little muffled

Possibly The Thing I Am Most Tired Of Hearing: "I can't believe you're a Leo, you don't seem like one at all!"

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I've been thinking, there might be some crazy kind of truth behind that. Like, that shit corresponds to set month-long periods. I wouldn't find it impossible for the time of the year you spend in the womb having an effect on you.

• edited 2013-09-05 04:24:07
    (void)

In American (at least) sports teams, one tends to find that most of the birthdays cluster around a certain time of year: almost all of them lie right near the cutoff between one school year and the next, such that they're the oldest and thus biggest kids in their elementary school classes, which elementary school coaches tend to mistake for talent and feedback-loop into actually being more talented.

That's not actually a personality trait, though.