If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How quickly the Russia and China Jaegers were

edited 2013-08-03 02:01:52 in Media

...destroyed. I can understand that they got cut out because of pacing reasons, but...seriously?

mod edit because categories

Comments

• edited 2013-08-02 22:11:41

Call it circumstance, I guess. They got sent out first and were thrashed by the newer, stronger, faster, and cleverer Kaiju. If it was Striker Eureka, they'd get thrashed too in that situation.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Somewhat understandable with Cherno Alpha, I think, since it was only a Mark I Jaeger and the kaiju just kept coming in stronger and stronger with time.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

But the Cherno Alpha was as useful as the Gypsy Danger in terms of "impervious to EMP" if you think about it. If Pentecost weren't such a dad as a commander and had sent out the four jaegers at the same time, most likely none of the jaegers would have perished in the attack.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Something tells me this isn't about woodchucks chugging jaeger.

I got a spoiler for you, Lancelot du Lac's son is jesus.

• edited 2013-08-03 01:53:50

Man, do we really need multiple threads for one movie? I liked Pacific Rim, but still...

• If Pentecost sent Mako out untested and out-of-control, she'd likely vaporize all her allies because she chased the RABIT.

And that's bad.

• The Kaiju adapted, the jaegers didn't.

He sent her out anyways, after Cherno and Crimson bit the dust.

• Because at that point a RABIT was less of a danger than, you know, Hong Kong being destroyed.

I still disagree on the assessment, sending all four jaegers was far more likely to have meant a higher chance of survival for all the pilots.

• Oh, you mean a misfire of a bolt of plasma the size of an elephant in a nine-shot clip on both arms? Yes, I'm sure three Jaegers being bombarded with that deadliness would have been integral for victory.

Yeah, a perfectly still jaeger shooting at the ocean would have been way more dangerous than an emp or a prensile tail.

• I don't think the RABIT can be assumed to take the same form every time.

• It's best to work underhanded than to work with a hand you can't rely on. Then you don't have to worry as much.