If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

avex trax really hate misono

edited 2013-07-27 00:48:27 in Media
There is love everywhere, I already know

The official reason day after tomorrow broke up is that misono let herself go and that people were disappointed by her (ie she gained weight and people didn't like seeing a chubby idol). Not because the lead songwriter's ego literally pushed both misono and Masano Kisato out of the band and alienated their only producer.

avex would rather blame it on a poor teenage girl who somehow managed to get out her sister's shadow (her sister being freaking Kumi Koda, the third most popular mainstream J-pop artist and direct rival to current industry queen Ayumi Hamasaki) and become a musician in her own right. Why? Because Daisuke Suzuki (aforementioned lyricist) had a huge promotion coming up for his next band GIRL NEXT DOOR (Who are quite famous now, and Daisuke was given creative reign) and they were trying to kill misono's career anyways.

She somehow managed to bounce back with Ninin Sanyraku but the head of avex apparently really had it in for her because ever since then they've been trying to sabotage her releases (at one point even having the limited edition of a single only available through her poorly managed fan club and sabotaging the release of an anime-tie in they knew would sell well through poor distribution. To compare, the ED singles performed by debuting singer Akiko Shikata, a rare independent artist, both sold at least 50% more than the OP) so all she can do now is try to create an unforgettable image for herself through self-promotion (Most famously her nude photo book with then dancer-slash-boyfriend Namey McWhatshisname).

Even now with her new Tales mini-album release coinciding with the re-release of both Tales of Symphonia games (with both of them having themes that she provided the vocals for) there's barely been any promotion and we don't even know what said mini-album is called yet (plus it's still not listed, which makes preorders impossible), two months beforehand! For both of Ayumi Hamasaki's Tales of Xillia releases (she's also managed by avex and of course they love the stuffing out of promoting her well) we knew the names and covers of both albums minute the first PV for each game was out (Tales of Symphonia Unisonant has had five now and only one of them uses the music, but helpfully forgets to mention what album it's going to be on).

Just... why? She could clearly be a money-printing machine like her sister if they just let her!

[Note: It's not my fault this is turning into a J-pop complaint forum, gmh started it]

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is avex the lead songwriter or the name of some group?

I'm a bit confused still.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Avex is a talent agency/recording company, actually.

So why does the lyricist guy hate misono?

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Avex is a talent agency/recording company, actually.

And the second biggest record label behind Sony Music Japan.

So why does the lyricist guy hate misono?

He doesn't hate her, he just alienated the entire group but was chosen to go on and be part of GIRL NEXT DOOR as part of avex's 20th anniversary promotions (They've actually been quite successful, even). I'm trying to figure out why avex chose to call misono fat instead of citing creative differences, which is what every Japanese band says when they break up without controversy.

This was a couple of years ago, but IIRC the statement basically read "misono has reflected on the way she's been treating both her career and image and has realized that she's let herself go and this is what has been causing tension in the group."

But statements from both the guitarist (who of course after speaking against a label never found work again) and the producer (whose own band RUSHMORE avex killed soon after coming forward about Daisuke's ego) both made statements about Daisuke which proved otherwise.

Sounds like a very Japanese way of going "sorry it's all my fault even if it isn't and I'll just shut up and let this all blow over bye".

Can you post some nice music sung by misono?

• There is love everywhere, I already know

• man, why even care if a singer's fat, adele's done fine over here

• edited 2013-09-04 12:21:42
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Hey, so girl next door broke up.

And it's the female vocalist's fault.

For daring to have a successful fiance.

I didn't even know that girl next door just happened to have the same Female Vocalist/Guitarist/Keyboardist-Composer set up as day after tomorrow.

Just wondering, is there a reason that the title of this thread implies that Avex Trax is plural rather than singular?

• a little muffled

Because OP is not American.

Oh I thought it was just a thing with Avex Trax.