If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Someone Like You" (the song by Adele)

edited 2013-07-25 02:27:49 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This song is boring.  At least, it's narratively uninteresting.  It just never quite goes anywhere.  It's really repetitive.  It took me so long to realize that there's even a brief bridge, with something vaguely different.

And I just now heard the coda for the first time I think, which also counts as something that's not the same ostinato pattern again, though still not particularly interesting itself either.

I'm not saying her singing is bad.  Her singing is fine.  I think the song is badly written.

Maybe the lyrics are interesting, but I can't seem to stay focused on them long enough to know what they say.

But yeah.  I can't (personally) understand why this is a huge hit.

Comments

• edited 2013-07-25 06:29:15
    a little muffled

I kind of like this song.

• ^^Ya know, I didn't think about it really, but I think I'm in agreement...at least, I change the station every time it comes on the radio.

• They're somethin' else.

It doesn't have the "Fuck you" anger of Rolling In The Deep, that's for damn sure.

• Yeah it's kind of a boring song.

Here, let me take your mind off it.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

I like Someone Like You a lot. The simplicity of the melody is a nice way to soften the blow of the lyrics, which are all about the weirdness and awkwardness of a breakup and how it can sometimes make you a crazy passive-aggressive bitch.