If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

SNESmusic.org's SPC sets are not filenamed properly

edited 2013-06-29 20:55:44 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And by filenamed properly I mean putting the names of the track into each file.

For example, let's say track #16 in Fantasy Game is called Decisive Battle.

How another site, like Zophar, would have it: "16 - Decisive Battle.spc".

How SNESmusic.org's set would have it: "fg16.spc"

Why?  I mean, they take care to tag the tracks themselves very carefully, with the right composers and all (even when a game has multiple composers).  So why not the filenames themselves?  How am I supposed to remember which number goes to the track I want?  Do they really expect me to do that?

Comments

• My first thought was "maybe they're limited to 8.3 filenames", but I can't think of any good reason that would be the case in 2013. 

• a little muffled

rename it?

• edited 2013-07-02 12:55:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

There are a crapton of SPC files to rename.  For example, Energy Breaker has 49 and Earthbound has 171.

And apparently they DO aim for an 8.3 style.

However, thankfully, someone wrote a little prog that will automate the renaming: http://snesmusic.org/v2/players.php look for "SPC Renamer" in the last section.