If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The jarring juxtaposition of "obvious" background and "obvious" foreground in animation

edited 2013-06-24 04:48:37 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is there a way around this?

Like, you know when the pile of dirt is going to be interacted with, because it's drawn differently.  Or you know that one bottle will be the one the character takes off the shelf, because it's conspicuously different.

Comments

• edited 2013-06-24 06:41:24

Yeah, it's called "don't draw obvious backgrounds and foregrounds."

Seriously, I haven't seen a show made in the last five years that did this sort of thing.

• It's done to help avoid animation errors, especially so when some animation is being outsourced overseas, or to a different animation team.

Sometimes, it's done because animating certain textures as they appear elsewhere would be too time-consuming, or just too much of a hassle.

It's mostly a thing that is a consequence of animating using cel art.
  • That may be it; I don't think I've seen cel animation in the last five years.

• It's done because lol no budget.