If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A SteamGifts giveaway of Defy Gravity

edited 2013-06-11 00:55:40 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm thinking of making a raffle on the site SteamGifts, for the IJBM Steam Group.  If you're a member of that group, and you have at least $100 base price worth of games in your Steam account, you should be able to enter it.

Anyone interested in the game Defy Gravity?  It's a platformer where you get to play with "gravity wells" to get through the levels.  I think it's pretty cool.  I'll only make the giveaway if enough people express interest though (at least several of ya).  Would be cool if we could do game giveaways like this.

I'm planning to close the raffle on June 13th to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Pioneer 10 leaving the Solar System.  (Alternatively I guess I could start it then...)

Edit: It's up!  here it is

Comments

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

I'd enter, seems nifty enough.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Count me in too.

• edited 2013-06-11 00:52:58
  • edited 2013-06-11 01:48:45
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

...was anyone else shocked by the total calculated value of their Steam library when they signed up for SteamGifts?

• I wish I knew how much exactly my steam account is worth. I can get an estimate with out the DLC I've bought, but I really want an accurate number. I am not shocked at the estimate though.

• No rainbow star
    I'm in

And a bit, Fuschlatz, since most of my library was from Indie Bundles
  • edited 2013-06-11 08:26:20

Yeah, keep in mind this is the total base price, not the total actual price you paid.  Bundles are a common way to rack up things at like about a tenth or even less of the listed base price -- such as $5 for the Humble Introversion Bundle, which includes Aquaria ($10), Crayon Physics Deluxe ($20), DEFCON ($10), Darwinia+Multiwinia ($15, $10 each separately), Dungeons of Dredmor ($5), and Uplink ($10).  So that's roughly $70 "worth" of games for about 7.14% (one-fourteenth) of that base price.

If you want to know the total price you paid, you're better off looking at your account details page on Steam, and looking through your e-mails at the bundles you've bought.

@delta534: I would suggest SteamCalculator.com but they are currently down.  However, last night several of us on IRC were playing around with mysteamgauge.com which does the same thing.  (No sign in needed.)

• I've looked at mysteamgauge, but as far as I can tell it does not pick up on all of the DLC I have. 

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I entered as MrMe05.

• edited 2013-06-11 22:20:52
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

I've looked at mysteamgauge, but as far as I can tell it does not pick up on all of the DLC I have.

The steam API doesn't have info on DLC, so it can't count that.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

We've got a winner!

If you log onto SteamGifts you should know who you are.  Heck, if you log into Steam, you should know who you are because I've already sent you the thing.  (Try to do it within the next few days, please?  I'm supposed to get it to ya within a week.)

• edited 2013-06-16 20:15:15
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

(checks mail) Well, I guess I'm the winner!

EDIT: Damn, it's a Windows-only title...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Congrats!

Just remember to mark the gift as received, on the SteamGifts site.  Thanks!