If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ecco The Dolphin

edited 2013-05-21 10:41:32 in Media

I'm watching a Let's Play, and it does not look fun and well designed at all. How is it remembered as a classic?

It's possible I'm missing something by virtue of not playing it.

Comments

• edited 2013-05-21 15:23:07

Because, at the time, there was absolutely nothing like it... At least in consoles, I think.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-05-21 15:39:33

The first one was rough, I'll grant, but quite fun for everything except the narrow tunnels of moving crush-spikes and one or two tricky jump segments (City of Forever).  Tides of Time mostly fixed its issues, and the movement felt a lot more natural -- I'll still break that one out every once in a while.

Whose LP are you watching?  It's one of those games that very much has a minimum skill gate before it starts feeling fun instead of aggravating, so if they're sucking it'll look really bad.  Some of the more aggressive enemies like trilobytes, for instance, are really fast and have pretty much no room for error.

• It was an era where a non-human protagonist was rare.

• Don't you mean humanoid? I think there were a fair few humanoid animals.