If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Instead of boss or level subtitles, games should instead name the music track used.

edited 2013-05-09 09:25:06 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

This way, we can avoid silly subtitles, but also be able to find out which track it is when we get the OST.

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I think Super Smash Bros does this? And maybe Tekken?

But what I don't get is why you'd want to avoid silly subtitles. They're fun!

• edited 2013-05-09 09:38:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

But they ruin the atmosphere!

...at least, they either do nothing for or are a detriment to the atmosphere in the games I play.  It's like, hey, here's a verbal description of the boss, rather than letting the visual presence of the boss overwhelm me.  It breaks immersion.

Then again I guess showing the music track used doesn't really help with that regard.

But if you're gonna include text, you might as well also list the music used.  So, maybe not "instead", but "also".

• They're somethin' else.

Namco always did this consistently with the Soul series, even since Soul Blade.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I think in general if something doesn't fit with the tone of the game it should be left out (or put in the bonus things section).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The only game I can think of that identifies the music used is the Touhou games.

• >Disliking boss subtitles

You take that back. >:V

• Dangan Ronpa had the BG used as part of the interface, IIRC.

• Silence is golden.

Battle Garegga, Armored Police Batrider and (I think) Gun Frontier all identify the BGM's name onscreen.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Also rhythm games do both at the same time
  • They're somethin' else.

^^ Good ol' 8ting.