If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A video got removed from youtube.

edited 2013-05-06 20:13:39 in Media
Belief

So it could be sold as a dvd.

Ask Alex if you want to know.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Was it popular at all?

• Whoa. What was it called?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Oh yeah. That video. Which one?

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

...wut?

• No rainbow star
    What video?
  • This is a really bizarre thread.  It's like "hey, I'm making a thread, but you'll have to contact this other guy in order to get the thread's actual content." 

• Technically, that a video that was widely accessible for public eyes was removed from it's video sharing site to be sold for money is what bugs me.

The actual video itself is secondary to the action above.

I only offered Alex as a sacrificial lamb to those curious about an example of this happening.

ALEX.

EXPLAIN THIS MADNESS.  NOW.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

True madness has no explanation.

FUNGAH!  FOILED AGAIN!

• They're somethin' else.

Well this was one useless thread.

Also, if you know the video code, and it's been taken down, put it here in the graveyard.

• edited 2013-05-07 17:45:17
    Belief

Well this was one useless thread.

How is this useless, this thread came about because of something that bugged me.

I think people are slightly annoyed that the identity of the video/content isn't being specified, so it's like talking and talking all around a hypothetical.

My personal policy is that, when a video gets taken down (and sometimes even when it's just region-restricted), it's already been smacked anyway, so its youtube video code is fair game for sharing all around since said code is already "stained" and no longer useful.

• I think people are slightly annoyed that the identity of the video/content isn't being specified,

I realized that after making my post, that people would rather get hung up about a detail rather than address the actual topic. and I can't really say anything else, lest I veer into "Disrespectful" territory.

• But how can you address the issue without context?

Yeah, is it a music video?  A indie movie?  A commentary vid a la AVGN or something?

• It was both a music video, and an indie movie. plus AVGN guest-commented on it and the term "something" was used with surprising effective in it.

• edited 2013-05-07 23:06:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...is that a serious or satirical answer?

• edited 2013-05-07 23:29:28
    Loser

Glennmagusharvey,

The video that got removed from youtube does not and did not exist.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-05-07 23:55:22

Meh.  The actual owner of the video taking it down to sell it commercially is considerably preferable to the usual copyright trolling infesting youtube.

It may or may not make the guy a bit of a cockweasel (scientific term), but whatever.

The actual owner of the video taking it down to sell it commercially is considerably preferable to the usual copyright trolling infesting youtube.

Yeah.

Though I surmise that at least 80%-90% of the videos on youtube contain someone else's copyrighted content.