If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's amazing, though in terms of thematic cohesiveness, I'd argue that TWEWY is more impressive.
  • You can change. You can.

maybe so but i don't have a DS and at this rate i don't think i'll ever have one

fair enough

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

but I do believe this is the best game in the history of games.

not another one

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Have you guys heard this story already? I haven't seen you discuss it, so I'll behave like you didn't. So, I'm told a studio by the name of Greenheart Games made a gamedev tycoon game, and released it both the standard way and through the pirate torrent hubs. The catch was, the torrent version ramped up the difficulty by having the player's studio's games - guess what - get pirated. Yeah. The pics speak for themselves:

http://antyweb.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/steam-595x400.png

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Ahahaha. :D

Shame the facts don't stack up, though. Statistics show that people prefer buying to piracy in most cases. 

• edited 2013-05-04 16:36:27
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Here's the link -

http://www.greenheartgames.com/2013/04/29/what-happens-when-pirates-play-a-game-development-simulator-and-then-go-bankrupt-because-of-piracy/

- you can read the whole story there. This time folks did a little tracking along with their prank, and for whichever reason, looks like this was not one of these cases. Dunno, perhaps it's the method of distribution or whatever. Heh heh. :)

http://www.greenheartgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1day.png

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I wonder if a definitive list of best video games ever can even be made. I would be willing to put both Spec Ops and TWEWY on that list.

TWEWY has a very small list of problems, vastly outweighed by its many many strengths. I don't know enough Spec though.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I wouldn't put Spec Ops on the list because it doesn't hold up, so much, as a gameplay system. It's an effective, clever, almost virtuosic tragic satire of modern military shooters, but it's not a game you play in order to play a game. If you get my meaning. Its gameplay elements are intentionally designed to be cumbersome and generic as part of that, which means that as good as it is concerning its peripheral elements, it can never really be a good game game. 

Okay, so we have to make this list, keeping in mind that it is for games first and formost. A game you would play as a good GAME. Then I would definitely put TWEWY on that list. It has one of my favorite gameplay systems ever. I would actually say it probably uses the DS to its fullest more than any other DS game.

The microphone still sucks though.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I'd like twewy if I wasn't a goddamned klutz.

• The Walking Dead would definitely be way high if I were doing a list. It and the first Kingdom Hearts.

• edited 2013-05-04 17:06:33
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

My favorite pin is probably Love Me Tether and it's evolutions. I like slashing the chains.

Oh, that's one of the things I love most about the game. The brands, fashion and names.

It is so cool to see an RP that feels like it really takes place in the modern real world. That's one RPG that doesn't have a super-world saving plot. It's about saving yourself, and I guess Shibuya to an extent. Plus, great music.

I think it is really the only kind of setting and theme where it was okay for Nomura to be himself, and it really works it its favor.

^ The first KH is still one of my least favorites in the series, but I understand other people's criticisms of the later ones, and I'm willing to accept that. I love the series as a whole.

• edited 2013-05-04 17:08:29
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

-goes on Amazon to buy TWEWY again-

I wish the 3DS could optimize original DS games to the screen. Oh well.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Blue Blood Burns Blue over all. :P

Also Archangel. Archangel is nice.

I'll give you Blue Blood Burns Blue on account of the kick-ass name. That said, almost every pin has a cool name. I have a few of them in real life.

Seriously, Square get to making another one. Well, we do have this:

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/twewy_solo_tease_thumb.jpg

I still don't understand why anyone would pirate Game Dev Tycoon of all possible things.

It's such a shitty game, and furthermore it's a clone of an iOS title

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Everything gets pirated.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Whatever, the best part of the story is people playing pirated version complaining about piracy and asking if there's a way to develop DRM (or however it's called).

yeah, I know, "haha irony".

but still why would you waste your time with Game Dev Tycoon? A game that is the sole domain of those few Lets Players who can be funny regardless of what they're playing, and literally no one else?

Alternately, perhaps this just goes to show that if the game was better, more people would actually buy it. Not that I necessarily subscribe to that theory in all cases, but you don't end up with percentages that bad (assuming the developer's own statistics can even be trusted, which is unlikley) without multiple reasons.

So apparently there's a problem with fake Luduum Dare entries in the current competition.

That's a really strange problem.

greatest Q&A session ever.

so

i just finished spec ops: the line

that was

a thing

i guess

most likely.

Spoiler:
    Which ending?
    Spoiler:

• edited 2013-05-05 13:38:07
    You can change. You can.

Spoiler:

I let "Conrad" kill me

Spoiler:
    I went the more direct route and shot myself :P

Well, I was too numb after the reveal and I really didn't know what I wanted to do so in a way it seemed fitting, heh.

speaking of Spec Ops it occurred to me today that Middens is basically a version of it except applied to JRPG tropes instead of FPS ones.

That said, I also like Middens far more.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    How would a JRPG SpecOps even work if the point of SpecOps is to criticize the glorification of something out of real life or summat?

Going by the summary, there is definitely a similarity in terms of theme (Both games make a huge point about the choice between aggression and passivity, even if Spec Ops' choice is not implicit on the game per se)