If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How the mobile site doesn't say what category a thread is in

edited 2013-04-23 04:11:31 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
Several times I enter an IJAM and am.left confused, thinking the praise is complaints. Or I enter a wonderpost and think it's serious

It's a little irritating

Comments

• Also, the mobile site tells you the thread starter, but the "full" site doesn't.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^ Then again, it's not that hard to guess the thread starter on most threads over here. :P

• Am I the only one who doesn't want that feature on the full site? I mean, it's kinda cute on the mobile site to have everyone's avatars next to their threads, but on the full site it would just look cluttered.

• Well, most boards that do tell you the thread starter generally don't have avatars next to threads anyway.

• edited 2013-04-23 22:15:29
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Also, generally speaking, it's much more common for forum threads to have icons based on the category or the thread type (sticky, hot etc).

• ^^ Fair enough. It's just that usually when it's mentioned as a "why can't we have this on the main site?" thing, people mention the avatars as well.

^ That also kind of annoys me, personally. Having an icon for a stickied thread or a locked thread makes sense, but beyond that the distinctions seem kind of meaningless. Is a thread being "hot" going to influence whether or not I click on it?