If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Speed Racer talking patterns when western cartoons do anime parodies

edited 2013-04-17 16:29:50 in Media

I mean, I know cartoons are often made by comittee of out of touch middle-aged men, but you'd think they could at least check if those crazy japanese cartoons still sound that way.

Comments

• Is this in any way common anymore, besides parodies that specifically refer to Speed Racer?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Dexter's Lab had a really good one of these. 

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I'm trying to think of specific examples that AREN'T referring to speed racer, and I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Both Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls referenced Speed Racer and had these speaking patterns, but Dexter's Lab at least was very faithful to certain patterns of anime.

• probably human

Er, which speaking patterns are you fellows referring to, exactly? 

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Speaking really fast without the lips matching the sounds, I guess.
  • There's also the fact that certain "bad" translations tend to have a unique cadence, a rhythm. A fingerprint of sorts.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't know about you, but when I think about anime, I think about pretty decently animated Fire-Emblem-VII-art-style characters.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

"This race is a very important race. I must win this race as I must avenge my father who said you must win this race. If I do not win this race, things will be bad! OOH AHH OOH!"

Said very fast.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-17 19:26:35

Would you rather have the ones that took patterns from early shonen translations that swore profusely for no particular reason?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Stinkoman

:D