If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Thinker in the Supermarket

edited 2013-04-05 19:58:28 in Philosophy
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Comments

• >vague promise of revolutionary event

>entry-level deconstruction of marketing techniques

>natural fallacy

>dramatic Holocaust reference without sketch of the slow process of dehumanization

>relativism while simultaneously embracing a dated marxist view of the world

Call me pedantic, but this is everything that's wrong with pamfletism. This sort of stuff should not call out capitalism while marketing itself with the same whimsical rhetorical devices it decries. Promises of the inevitable collapse of the system encourage slacktivism. There's plenty of dehumanization going on inside the supermarket itself(think Walmart) without roping in the Shoah. A list of examples of dishonest and manipulative advertising techniques is infinitely stronger than philosophical musings on how much air there is in a package. The whole 'unnatural' schtick is useless because 'natural' itself has become a hollow term.

I like the message, I just don't like the way it's packaged.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Okay, I don't eat chips anymore. The potatoes were enslaved and brought to the supermarket in chains.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Hey, Milos, April 1st is over ;)