If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Poor man. Yeah, end of an era indeed
  • a little muffled

Does anyone know anything about monitors? I'm getting tired of my tiny low-res laptop screen and thinking of buying one. What should I be looking for?

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

was Preacher vol. 2 supposed to make my skin crawl this much

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Yes. Disgust is the biggest tool in Ennis' bag of tricks.
  • edited 2013-04-05 19:45:22
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

i think talking to my grandmother is going to be difficult for a while

• Glenn, you ever got my message?

• So yeah, I've been very worried over Venezuela's current state. Our infrastructure, economy and productive sector are in shambles, our currency has just been severely devaluated and some reforms are expected, and so far the acting (and soon to be actual) president has only shown that he'll keep applying the same practices of band-aid intervention and scapegoating when things get really bad which is what got us here in the first place, and that he's a goddamned bouffon of memetic proportions (I'd elaborate, but frankly, it's embarassing). Besides that, nobody really knows what he'll do once he's settled in power (he's never governed anything, has only been a suck up and is now laying being a Chávez clone) and nobody likes him anyways, he's only a candidate because Chávez declared him his successor. The government has been going all out using all its advantages to get him to win by as high a margin as possible (it's a given that he'll win) so they can keep that keep that image for longer...

Fuck Chávez and fuck chavism. Leftists, you're hard to like.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Lai: Yes I did.  Just haven't had the time to listen to them yet.

• edited 2013-04-05 22:29:35
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Fuck you, Rathalos.

I got you, but still.

You motherfucker. 

lol wrong thread

• edited 2013-04-05 23:11:02
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I really need to buckle down and write more. I want to write something that can talk me off my current path in life. Something that will give me a break. Some people focus on school, and getting their major and being responsible. Others focus on their creative passions, regardless of lucrativity.

I'm doing neither, and it makes me feel like a loser.

• Transferring files to my new computer. Taking a while. :/

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Just got back from the hospital...my nan has another month left. At most.
  • edited 2013-04-06 03:29:47

Some people focus on school, and getting their major and being responsible. Others focus on their creative passions, regardless of lucrativity.

I'm doing neither, and it makes me feel like a loser.

I know the feeling. I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels.

^ :(

Hug?

• Just got back from the hospital...my nan has another month left. At most.

Sorry, bro.

*hugs*

• No rainbow star

*gives Fus a hug*

Thanks, everyone...

• edited 2013-04-06 07:15:55
    Diet NEET

>Go to see if there's a Poe's Law-adhering nonsmoker privilege list somewhere on Tumblr

>Stumble upon this guy again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmOW1DXj7A

He's now exclusively pumping out individual callout vids. What a wonderful world it is.

Also, heard this gem: do you like Star Trek? Coz I'd give you a 7 out of 9.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You know, apparently somebody did research, and it turned out that an Apple fan's brain reacts to an iPod in the same way as that a religious man's to a symbol of his faith.

You mean people associate brands they're fans of with the same positive mental associations as icons of religions they believe?

I'd expect that to be also true of fandoms.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I don't know about fandoms, but the article I've read says nothing of that sort happens around Cola, or anything. Just Apple. Which I guess puts hipsters in even worse light.

• Which I guess puts hipsters in even worse light.

So long as it's a hipster lighting, I don't think they'd mind.
    But if it's one of them dirty mainstream lights.

• I made a Twitter account.

I've fallen so low.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I made one too, but only to follow people

• You can change. You can.
    Kinda mad I don't get to participate in the MOOC until I get an internet connection on friday.
  • No rainbow star

So, for my final drawing project, we can do whatever. I decided to do something based on nightmares, memories, and monsters. I chose four monsters:

Slenderman (A modern monster)

The Yellow Man (A monster from my nightmares)

Werewolves (A classic monster)

Stalkers (A real monster)

All four also have to do with a loss of control:

-Slendy affects his victim's memories and slowly drives them to madness

-The Yellow Man, in my nightmare, stalked people, taking them if they were along, causing the conditions required to be considered alone to be more and more restrictive until somebody needs to be looking at you at all times, else you vanish forever

-Werewolves are a loss of self control, not knowing what you're going to be doing

-Stalkers slowly take control from you, filling your life with fear of this obsessive person

One of the pieces to do with Slendy is a journal detailing the guy's descent into madness. Any suggestions?

It's a 160 sheet notebook I'm using. Only one side of each sheet will be used until he really descends. So far the plan is that the first 20 are normal, him talking about this man in the suit that haunted his dreams once as a kid, but mostly day to day stuff. Then it gets a bit more obsessive with the man around pages 15 to 35. Then he starts getting paranoid, slowly devolving into madness for another 20 to 40 pages until he just flat out goes all "operator" and fills it with increasingly bizarre pictures, with the pages starting to get burned, torn, wet, muddy, etc.

Any suggestions?

I got a Twitter account a while back to follow developments in the Wisconsin, Tunisian, Egyptian, Syrian, etc. protests.

• edited 2013-04-07 09:00:58
    Diet NEET

Amsterdam, yesterday:

Attendance of World Pillow Fight Day: 150 people

Attendance of a demonstration for an independent East-Turkmenistan: 25 people

This says something about the current state of society.

And apparently bringing a helmet to a pillow fight is considered cheating.

To be honest, it's pretty hip obscure if I don't remember ever having heard of it.

Xinjiang, a.k.a. East Turkestan, is a semi-autonomous region filling out the northwest corner of mainland China where it meets the borders with Mongolia, Russia and Kazakhstan. The region is the main hub of Islamic society within China and it's had a secessionist movement for as long as I can remember, although obviously it doesn't get nearly as much international support as the whole Free Tibet thing...

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Let's not make a religious issue out of this. It's a national issue: The majority population of Sinkiang is Uyghur, a Turkestanic people related to the Uzbeks. Hence also Uyghuristan or Sinkiang Uighur as names for the region. While, yes, they're Muslims, it's an ethnic, not a religious conflict. And, just as in Tibet, the PRC has (successfully) tried to make them a minority in their own region by mass settling Han Chinese there.