If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

How is that the opposite of a puzzle?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well the way you say it, it seems more like making a puzzle than solving one.

Er...no. That's how you solve it. Like, it already exists, and you're given a set of tools that will run some sort of procedure that will hopefully solve it, and you have to set them up the way you think will work and see if it does.

• I'm a damn twisted person

It's like being asked to create a rube golberg machine. You have an objective you need to reach at the end, so many things you can set up to get to it, but you can't see if it works until you have your system in place and running. 

oh.

I guess that makes sense.

I think I can actually think of a few examples of that but they're all browser games. 

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-08 23:37:55

Here.  This is the shakedown of Spacechem that Guava gave right before the SA tournament.

• edited 2013-03-09 00:45:18
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

And here is the same guy completing what looks like one of the most nightmarish levels in the entire game. I just looked at the thumbnail and I was like "oh, fucking hell..."

• edited 2013-03-09 02:35:15

So I just played Little Inferno, and...I really like it. 

It's a game about and mocking timesink games like Farmville and such, but instead of just tearing it a new one, it tells you that it understands why people choose to waste their time. And it tells you that as long as you realize that you don't have forever to waste, everything's fine. When you're finally ready to leave, everything is waiting.

I really, really like it.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-09 03:00:18

^^ Dammit that's the one I'm on right now!  MUST NOT WATCH.

To be fair, that one's not in the main game, it's a user-submitted level on Research Net.  One of the really, really late ones at that.

Most of Research Net is considerably more difficult than the main game, and pretty much anything submitted by cake>pie or Guava has a 50% chance of being a ballbuster even as far as Research Net goes, and L-DOPA is an outlier even for them.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Re programming games: I think this is basically a more conceptualized version of, say, this:

What should I play next, other than Recettear:

* Alien 3 (SNES) (restart and finish)

* Potatoman Seeks the Troof (PC)

* Home (PC)

* Mega Man Network Transmission (GC)

And should I stream any of these? (note: streaming not possible for GC games)

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Do Potatoman and stream it. I've heard of it but don't know shit about it.

• edited 2013-03-09 17:35:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I've actually seen the ending and it is...weird.

Also, I should have thrown up Braid (PC) (continue or restart, and finish) on that list.  Though I'd only want to stream it when UE is around since I suck at puzzle games and I know he's finished it.

• I've played through Braid and could help you too.

Though actually most of it isn't really that hard.

• edited 2013-03-09 18:06:42

Yeah it doesn't seem that hard but stuff started stumping me for whatever reason.

Actually, @707ruz, are you around?  If you are, get on IRC (chose any username you want and use #ijbm for the channel) and I can start streaming it now.

Alternatively, what's your time zone?  Maybe I can stream it later this evening (it's almost 6 PM local time right now, so I can, say, stream it starting at 10 PM or something, basically a few hours later).

FYI this will be a blind run since I haven't played the game before.

> Mega Man Network Transmission

anything else
  • edited 2013-03-09 18:10:07

I don't feel like playing Metroid Prime, which is my only other Cube game, but when I posted that, I felt like playing Push ClockworkUniverse's Berserk Button. >:D

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuL0Ij0RU10

WALKING BOWSER ASS

No, no, if you want a game that really pisses me off, go for Quantum Conundrum.

Played sum Borderlands 2 for awhile today. Good game, appeals to the Diablo player in me as well as the FPS player.

Wish I'd had enough Microsoft points for Gaige though. I wanna play as her. :<

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/8/4079894/ea-suspends-simcity-marketing-campaigns-asks-affiliates-to-stop

The server issues for the new SimCity's always-online DRM are so bad that EA has pulled all marketing for the game.

• They've also disabled several basic ingame features like the higher speeds.

Oh EA.  Servers don't solve everything.  Really now.

• The sad thing is? EA will probably not learn a single thing from this whole snafu.

What do they have to learn? They made money.

• I've heard from some that they believe EA pulled this shit deliberately so as to get impatient people to buy second copies.

No, no. There was a different technical issue that made some preordered copies not work.

The overloaded servers apply to everyone.

So when it comes to evil and incompetence here, it's not necessarily an either/or.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-simcity-s-broken-because-it-s-just-too-much-fun--248186.phtml

hahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhagahahahahhahah

Is this one of those "you must be online to play, even single-player" things?

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Yes. Yes, it is.

• But you can't actually play online because the servers don't work and even when they do they get full quickly and you can't transfer data between servers.

Wait, you don't just need to be online, but you need to be signed on to the particular server that your personal files are on?