If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Having to rely on somebody else to get somewhere

edited 2013-03-06 11:19:17 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
Barely made it to class on time

Had to leave shortly after as I had to use the washroom because dammit my body decided twenty minutes before class was a good time

But I was on the road

Because god forbid my lift ever not leave at the last minute

Comments

• This is pretty annoying in all situations, as feeling trapped in the literal sense is not good at all.

• You always rely on people to go anywhere or do anything.

Always.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah that's pretty fucking annoying.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Sucks since we only have one car in the family, so generally we have to share it between each other, which means someone is driving someone somewhere, or someone is taking the (awful) bus system.

• edited 2013-03-07 03:13:03
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I can't really speak on behalf of anyone else in Sydney, but public transport has actually proven to be very useful for me.

Of course, this could change completely once I eventually get a job...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Public transport in Sydney is great by the virtue of the whole "You can actually get anywhere ever" thing.

• Public transport in Sydney is very, very useful (the trains in particular are a grobsend). Coming from Perth, where it wasn't until 2008 that they had any sort of a train system running through the city from the outer suburbs, it was a huge change. Still, I'm (very slowly) working on my Ls at the moment (not that I'd be able to afford a car, because no job/no drive).

Though, it's not like it's perfect either. I lost count of how many times I missed one bus by seconds and had to wait twenty minutes (as opposed to ten) for the next bus, then both of them would come together (usually with one crowded and one a ghost bus). That's probably a constant everywhere though.

• edited 2013-03-07 05:01:38
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I lost count of how many times I missed one bus by seconds and had to wait twenty minutes (as opposed to ten) for the next bus, then both of them would come together (usually with one crowded and one a ghost bus). That's probably a constant everywhere though.

This is rather frequent, yeah, especially in places where there are no trains or ferries. I went to high school in the Eastern Suburbs, for example, and I tried to avoid all the major bus stops for this exact reason.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I know this feeling. It kind of royally sucks.