If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2013-02-21 11:21:14
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Let's do this!

@glennmagusharvey: Here we go!

Song (Reasons, if any)

Renton/Eureka Moments

Renton Thurston (Of course)
    L.F.O (I know, kinda literal, but it works)
    Days [TV Size] (The start of Renton's life with the Gekko)
    Tiger Track
    Uneasy Rhythm (Would have picked Forbidden Fruit, but it's Dewey's first appearance and what Renton learns in episode 4 is just a bit more serious than "Forbidden Fruit")
    M-Ex1
    Sexy Lady Bluesy (Duh)
    Terror of the Smile (Crazy Kids)
    Okamochi & Jersey (This song was made for this episode)
    M36 (Vodarac!)
    Alone in the Wilderness (As in Tiptory's theme, in my opinion at least)
    Cruel World (Gekkostate origin stories aren't exactly happy)
    STORYWRITER
    Type theEND (Anemone!)
    Aerial Combat
    Acid Track Prototype (This might as well have been the episode title for 12)
    D.J.CHOICE (Kind of continuing from Acid Track Prototype)
    Defying Fate (Both Anemone/Dominic and the entire feel of the hospital)
    Himitsu Kichi [TV Size] (Recap-ey)
    M3
    Nostalgia (Uncle, from start to finish)
    Dot (Cause mines n stuff)
    Koitsu (MINES)
    M30
    On The Hill (Again, written for Episode 17)
    Hobo Plays Guitar
    Eureka
    Shounen Heart [TV Size]
    Fly Away [TV Size] (I do not care if this is cheating, but Renton's decisions require this song)
    Trance Ruined (I will never forget this song and this episode and that one scene)
    There is Warmth in Hopelessness, But... (This song is perfect for any situation in the world where what happens to that Vodarac girl happens).
    WHITE TIGER No.24
    Portents (24 is a really depressing episode)
    Sky of Hope
    Chaotic Waltz
    To the Center of the Sun [Full Ver] (Eureka going to find Renton)
    The Wind Blowing Across the Shore (poor Ray)
    M15
    The Ego's Accidental Firing (While the name is kind of off, Ray's entire feel in this episode for me is this song)
    The Place You Live (Welcome back, Bellforest)
    No Matter Where on this Planet You Are, We are Linked Under this Sky (New Talho)
    To the Center of the Sun [TV Size] (Why do I associate this song with Eureka anyways?
    Long Journey (Bell forest!)
    In The Sea of Memory (Axel, mainly)
    Himitsu Kichi [Full Ver] (Pacific State)
    Sorrow (Eureka's history)
    Control
    M16
    Canvas [TV Size] (Holland)
    Diane (Again, duh)
    Purgatory's Fruit (Dewey, Limit of Questions)
    Just Inside the Universe
    Forbidden Fruit (I would've used "Just Inside the Universe" only if this were not also the sex episode)
    Tip Taps Tip [Tv Size] (An easygoing song for an easygoing sports episode)
    Sakura [Tv Size] (Hey, I finally managed to put an OP and an ED next to each other in acceptable order!)
    The Building Leap (Entering the Vodarac shrine)
    M20
    Memory Warehouse (Aside from the perfect name, this song was also practically made for this episode)
    Time-lines (Final moments with Sakuya)
    Sea of Prayers (To the other side!)
    The Promised Land (cause Earth)
    Original Sin (I really wanted to go with The Promised Land cause Earth, but Dewey's story is just fifty times more compelling for musical accompaniment)
    The Bonds Called "Blood" (Poor mini-Holland)
    Tragic Decision (I'm not going to pass up pairing Joy Division with this song)
    At The Upper Boundary (Joy Division!)
    Canvas [Full Ver] (For both Eureka and Renton)
    A Distany Memory (Eureka's book, Diane and Adroc)
    A Fleeting Dream (For both Renton's family and Dewey's decisions, on different ends of the emotional spectrum of the song, this totally makes sense)
    Alone in the Wilderness (Anemone)
    Ninety Three (Race to ORITORIO NUMBER EIGHT and the aerial battles)
    Sprinting Spirits (For both Anemone and ORITORIO NUMBER EIGHT)
    M-Ex-2 (I have no idea why but it has the oddest feel to it and fits with the emotions after ORITORIO NUMBER EIGHT is fired)
    The Gekko (Was saving it for this moment, even with what happens next)
    Dewey Novak (Cause duh)
    Second Summer of Love (Come on Renton!)
    To Wish Upon a Star (Eureka's Response)
    Niji
    Sakura [Full Ver] (I know, why not Niji last? Because I feel like Sakura works better.)

Apparently Spoilers won't work.

There are still a couple of songs missing and I'll try to work those in later.

Things: While "Fly Away" is kind of a real thematic break in the Eureka/Renton story, it has to be there. Oddly enough I also feel it's more of an "escape" (Not the AO OP, the feeling) song, not a "fun" song.

@VoxAura: Second one is really nice. But I'm saving up for the RAs Vividred School Uniform Vers Eureka Seven AO BD Box.

• edited 2013-02-21 11:32:52

By second one, do you mean the transforming one, or the Robot Spirits one (the one with "ROBOT" in the post title)? The Robot Spirits one looks better to me, and it was actually on sale at a few sites, IIRC. Both might be completely sold out from the usual places now, though. Lagrange might not be too popular with the robot-collecting crowd, it seems. 

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Robot Spirits.

Lagrange might not be too popular with the robot-collecting crowd,

Yeah, felt odd to me that they bothered at all.

But seriously where are my Nirvash/Allelujah/Kyrie Bandai?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

When all I knew of giant robot anime was Voltron, I thought I was into giant robots.

That turned out not to be the case.  I think they're cool, but I don't have any special Laffinty affinity to them.

Also, I wonder if mecha fans might actually enjoy the really blocky designs and dislike the Voxes because they look sleek and curved.

@fourteenwings: I was about to say that you should feel free to rearrange the OPs and EDs any which way you want, though I recommend putting OP1 near the beginning, and saving OP4 for the drive to the finale and ED4 for the very end to close out an epic audio movie.

Also, wanted to leave you to choose TV-size or full-size, with full-size recommended.

I'll throw the list you posted together and give it a listen later today.

• edited 2013-02-21 23:57:36

ED4 for the very end to close out an epic audio movie.

Sorry, but the show doesn't exactly end on a note I feel comfortable using Canvas with (even with post-Scub leaving and the kids) though I guess you could place Canvas [Full Ver] there, but the song sort of has that feeling that applies to the Control Cluster arc and it's also one I sort of associate with Holland.

Also, I wonder if mecha fans might actually enjoy the really blocky designs and dislike the Voxes because they look sleek and curved.

I wouldn't really know but that's probably the case. I personally prefer designs like Eureka Seven's (AO's moreso as they kind of have both blocky and sleek mecha) and Star Driver (Which are kind of like Lagrange's), so I'd say I like mecha that look like mecha in any possible way? (Though the only mecha I own are E7 and the Justice from Gundam SEED).

As for Chris, they might be waiting for season 2. Perhaps so they can include season 2-specific accessories.

Part of me wishes season 2 would mostly focus on a new cast, and we'd end up with enough relics for a Holy Grail War.

But then it won't be season 1 Chris (whose design I really like).

I wonder if such a set-up would force the girls to look for additions of some sort to their gear and create an arms race or something between the opposing groups.

Okay, this entire "Episode 1 on a single BD that is kind of cheaper then everything else is back to normal!" thing is getting weird.

• edited 2013-02-22 00:13:13

Considering that Transformers Prime's aesthetic is a sleeker, more streamlined version of that from the live-action films, I'm sure non-blocky mecha designs have some form of following. Merchandising is important to that franchise, after all. Then again, Transformers isn't quite in the same category as mecha, being that it's about alien lifeforms made of metal.

But then it won't be season 1 Chris (whose design I really like).

I wonder if such a set-up would force the girls to look for additions of some sort to their gear and create an arms race or something between the opposing groups.

Well, unless she gets a new Gear, I assume anything season 2 specific might only be a minor accessory.

If they do get new Gears... Holy Grail War, yay.

[wmg]The Holy Grail is also a Relic, and season 2 will have it as the final upgrade.[wmg]

• edited 2013-02-22 00:56:40

I was under the impression that S2 would use the unlocked gears. I also assume that if they get accessories they'd go from Normal Precure->Mid-season Precure, not Normal Precure->Second-cour Precure.

Season 2's final relic should be Sleipnir, who will manifest as a huge pair of Boxing Gloves for Hibiki... or an actual mecha./wmg

If we were to get another faction of Symphogear holders I'd be happy if they somehow ended up male cause Mamoru Miyano/Daisuke Ono/Hiroshi Kamiya V Nana Mizuki/Ayahi Takagaki/Aoi Yuuki would be awesome. Though I guess Yukari Tamura/Minami Kuribayashi/Eri Kitamura would work too.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Naruto 621:

Mostly just some Hashirama & Madara = Naruto & Sasuke fighting. Hasirama trying to get his old friend to see reason during the fighting, and then a flash back to when they first met and declare each other rivals in stone skipping.

• edited 2013-02-22 01:13:31
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Plus heaps and heaps of gay subtext again, and more parallels between Hashirama/Naruto and Madara/Sasuke.

It's Shonen. That's like 65% Gay Subtext.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

So, meanwhile hashirama is trying to sway Sasuke away from revenge with the story of how stone skipping made them create a valley fighting. I am just wondering whether it will work.

I just know that Barcode over at #yackfest IRC hates non-blocky mecha.

• edited 2013-02-22 04:13:56

Reminds me: I recall a thread on the Allspark (a Transformers board) titled "are modern mecha designs getting too complicated", and I think it was partially because Transformers were getting more complicated too. 'course, the OP of that thread had a Mazinger Z avatar, so he might have a low bar for "complicated".

Season 2's final relic should be Sleipnir, who will manifest as a huge pair of Boxing Gloves for Hibiki... or an actual mecha./wmg

But, isn't Sleipnir an animal, not an artifact/object?

If we were to get another faction of Symphogear holders I'd be happy if they somehow ended up male cause Mamoru Miyano/Daisuke Ono/Hiroshi Kamiya V Nana Mizuki/Ayahi Takagaki/Aoi Yuuki would be awesome. Though I guess Yukari Tamura/Minami Kuribayashi/Eri Kitamura would work too.

> Mamoru Miyano with Aoi Yuuki

Ultraman Zero x Madoka Magica. o_o Glittering Hope times infinity! It would be blinding!

(no, don't take me seriously here. But that might sorta work, given that Zero isn't bound by sane writing.)

Also, continuing from my earlier Sympgear x Kamen Rider post,

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5123/vlcsnap2012010718h10m59.png" alt="Ore wa saisho kara saigo made CLIMAX da ze!" width="800" height="453" />

Like the earlier one, also relevant to an Oni character. She does look sorta possessed when  she goes berserk. anyway.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

"are modern mecha designs getting too complicated"

Not really? I think AGE's designs are comparable to SEED's.

Of course there's a lot more detail they can animate now but I'm not sure how that'd be a bad thing.

Reminds me how the last Mazinger -esque mecha show (HEROMAN) didn't do too well though.

• They're somethin' else.

So uh, what's the deal with Vic Mignogna or whatever his name is? apparently he's the subject of ridicule in anime circles? I keep hearing jokes in my circle where the punch line is "And so Vic Mignogna blah blah blah shorty blah blah".

So yeah, who dis bitch?

• Has friends besides tanks now
    He's the voice of Edward Elric, which is probably where the shorty thing comes from. So they're probably not actually ridiculing him, considering how beloved FMA is.

... huh. Apparently he's both a borderline fundie and kind of a creep? This is all coming from cosplayer friends, by the way.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Ooooh. Forgot about those allegations.

Huh. trying to make weeaboo conversation with friends is real hard when you dont' keep up with voice actor trivia. The only names I really know are Norio Wakamoto, Steve Blum and Tara Strong, which is pretty sad.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

... huh. Apparently he's both a borderline fundie and kind of a creep? This is all coming from cosplayer friends, by the way.

I'm pretty sure those are exaggerations. Vic's religious, but I've seen anything that would indicate he's a crazy fundie.

Also, he did get a lot of ire from Yaoi fangirls because he didn't think a character he played was gay.

• edited 2013-02-24 13:47:52

Just want to add:

I also assume that if they get accessories they'd go from Normal Precure->Mid-season Precure, not Normal Precure->Second-cour Precure.

I assumed the unlocked Gears would be like those "ultimate" upgrades in tokusatsu or something. Like, they'll show up again, but they won't become the "default" look, either for story reasons, or just the fact that they spent more time designing original costumes. For example, Garo's Tsubasabito form doesn't become his default armor in post-season 1 stuff, Kamen Rider Double doesn't go XTREEM for every transformation, etc (there are exceptions, like Kenzaki going straight to King Form in his Decade guest appearance, but he's a different case, for spoilery reasons) They felt more like Garo Tsubasabito, Double Gold Xtreem or Glitter Tiga than other "ultimate" forms I've seen, too, with how it needed some outside influence to trigger the transformation (in this case being the Lydia students)

Of course, this is coming from somebody who doesn't watch much Magical Girl stuff, so...

There's a tumblr named "Vic Mignogna Horror stories"

oooooooookay.

• edited 2013-02-24 19:26:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I was in the line for a Monica Rial + Jamie Marchi autograph event at Katsucon.  The line was long but it did move at a reasonable pace.  When I was there though, I heard that the line for Vic Mignogna was several times as long and practically didn't move.

That's all I know about Vic Mignogna.  And that he allegedly did the voice of Edward Elric.

The only voice actors I can name off the top of my head are Vic Mignogna, Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Johnny Yong Bosch, and Norio Wakamoto.  And this is all I know of the roles they've done:

* Vic Mignogna: Edward Elric, FMA

* Monica Rial: Lumière, KG; either Panty or Stocking, P&SwG

* Colleen Clinkenbeard: Éclair, KG; Eclair Tonerre, OHSHC; Monkey D. Luffy, OP

* Norio Wakamoto: Dracula from CvSotN (J version), and other hammy roles.

* Johnny Yong Bosch: I have no idea, other than the fact that I recognize his name from Power Rangers.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Mignogna was Tamaki from Ouran, too. He's also done a bunch of American cartoon work, if I recall correctly.

I can name a few more: Chris Patton was Satou in Welcome to the NHK, Maxey Whitehead was Czeslaw in Baccano! and Al in FMA: Brotherhood, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was the Major in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and directed a tonne of dubs.

Yuri Lowenthal?

I'm confusing Windows7-tan with Eri Mizutani because hairclip and blue hair.

• edited 2013-02-25 02:10:57

As in, Nanamizuki Madobe?

I'm using her system sound pack!

I think she's actually kind of boring in terms of character design though.

1. Where can I get new sound packs

2. Where do I put sound packs

• edited 2013-02-25 02:12:51

I'm confusing Windows7-tan with Eri Mizutani because hairclip and blue hair.

But not Sayaka Miki?

• edited 2013-02-25 02:23:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because I haven't seen Madoka.  Also because all the Madoka characters look like little children.

That said, I'm realizing that Windows7-tan looks more like Kotori Otonashi than Eri Mizutani.