If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• But if you actually are surprised by it you probably won't enjoy it.

Also, as I said before, it's kind of more likely that they just did it because they needed to come up with 6 or 7 episodes of content without adapting any additional books or writing original material, so having more Endless Eight was one way to do that (and it allowed for silly artsy nonsense).

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The entire idea behind Endless Eight just seems stupid to me :S

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

In the original novel it's basically groundhog day which is much less annoying.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I actually skipped them, because I had already read the novel.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

The problem with just reading the novel is that the Haruhi novels are godawful. Either that or they're just terribly translated, it's sort of hard to tell.

I love it when creators troll their own fans in anything.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Reorder the Eureka Seven soundtrack (all four discs, two in each volume)

MISSION ACCEPTED! (But I'll start tomorrow)

@Cure Melody Anemone: Darn it's even done in typical BONES style :O

So guys... best filler episode in any anime? Just curious.

Hyouka, when Chitanda and Oreki solve the case of the stolen things in a school supply store without ever leaving the Geography room.

• Has friends besides tanks now

The new Bleach chapter was actually hilarious. Fuck Ichigo.

New One Piece was also good, needless to say.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Pointlessly seeking ire from your fanbase is even more stupid than trying to cater to them.

I dunno, there is a lot of validity to trying to cater to an audience both from a business point of view and an artistic standpoint. Granted the artistic standpoint is basically "okay we roughly know our audience, we can write stuff that appeals to them more than trying to make something everybody will like"

• You can change. You can.

I also think that art can and often times should be confrontational. Just, you know, not from a business standpoint.

Not to say Endless Eight was confrontational and not

you know

fucktupid

• edited 2013-02-20 14:44:57

@glennmagusharvey 2 things:

1. Can you define "actual awesome"? Serious question here.

2. That crossover fanart: For some reason, I find namesake based fanart more amusing than fanart based on what characters look like.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well the reason that fanart was mildly amusing was because Anemone completely and utterly does not fit the role of any precure (barring some sort of major redemption episode).

And I think of "actual awesome" as displaying a high degree of competence/effectiveness in accomplishing some goal.

>I also think that art can and often times should be confrontational. Just, you know, not from a business standpoint.

Oh yeah, but there's being confrontational to serve a point or the art, and then there's just flipping off your consumer.

• You can change. You can.

Yeah, pretty much. Like, there's a difference between Spec Ops/Apocalypse Now and, you know, a badly constructed story like Endless Eight.

I recently saw a tumblr post from Jack Mackerel of all people that perfectly summed up why I hate games like Spec Ops, unfortunately I cannot find it.

• from Jack Mackerel of all people

You say that as if JM wasn't perfectly capable of making a point. Might as well ask him about it, if he's still hanging out in #yackfest.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't know JM well but it seems the statement could also imply that JM is unlikely to write a post that would cause a reader to hate the game Spec Ops.

I might be getting my ex-tropers mixed up but wasn't Jack Mackerel sort of known for being kinda dense? I dunno.

I think it was him anyway, tumblr blog name was jackmackerel

That's really stupid and really thin-skinned. 

It's not about being better than you, it's about pointing out the problem with the current state of art. Oh dear how dare someone say there's something wrong with the way things are. Yes, let's not ever point out problems with media. Let's just continue swilling the same garbage and never use the medium to actually make players think.

• This is a good discussion, but we should probably take it to the VG thread.

It's not about being better than you, it's about pointing out the problem with the current state of art. Oh dear how dare someone say there's something wrong with the way things are. Yes, let's not ever point out problems with media. Let's just continue swilling the same garbage and never use the medium to actually make players think.

See this highlights the problem.

You can't disagree with Spec Ops' message without having people yell at you that you just don't get it, that the game is "art" and that its message is 100% good and valid and if you disagree with it you are *just wrong* and clearly support the status quo and so on. The game's become a sacred cow.

Jack even gave a counter-example of a game that does this exact thing better, I don't see what's "stupid and thin-skinned" about his reaction. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Myr has a point; this seems like it would be a bit long for a derail, so can we move it to the Vidya thread?

I don't really have anything else to say. 

• And I think of "actual awesome" as displaying a high degree of competence/effectiveness in accomplishing some goal.

You make it sound so easy...

Well, the Vividred girls are pretty competent/effective, except not-Homura. Which is why I'm not impressed, since it doesn't look like they need to put all that much effort.

• edited 2013-02-21 05:19:15
    There is love everywhere, I already know

@glennmagusharvey Problems:

places OP1 at the beginning, ED1 roughly where the first quarter ends, OP2 roughly where the second quarter begins (doesn't need to be immediately after ED1), ED2 roughly at the halfway point, and so forth, ending in ED4

The OPs and EDs kind of need to be spaced out or mixed randomly and in some cases I need to use both the TV size and Full versions.

And placing ED2 near the middle is a really bad idea.

• This sorta amuses me, although I can't help feel that Hibiki at the back looks like he's gonna bash her skull in with those drumsticks.

• edited 2013-02-21 09:24:19
    There is love everywhere, I already know

That's pretty awesome.

Now where's my Yukine Chris V Makise Kurisu >_>

• Figma Chris doesn't exist yet, so that's a problem.

Which reminds me, I should get Ultraman Tiga and the Vox Aura sometime...

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Figma Chris doesn't exist yet,

She should, even Tsubasa who was delayed shipped quite a while ago >_> I think there was a Nendoroid Chris confirmation a while back though.

And isn't the only Vox Aura the one Nendo!Madoka rides in?

• edited 2013-02-21 11:17:43

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the egg plane model kit. Which is a separate product rather than a nendo accessory. (They're compatible, but it has a top cover for when you don't have a nendo to put in)

And no, there's at least two others, which are more show-accurate than the eggplane one.

As for Chris, they might be waiting for season 2. Perhaps so they can include season 2-specific accessories.

Part of me wishes season 2 would mostly focus on a new cast, and we'd end up with enough relics for a Holy Grail War.