If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Webcomics

edited 2013-02-20 10:20:46 in Media
OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

(Because we didn't have one yet)

So, Gunnerkrigg.

Shit's getting real.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I love Reynard's face in the last panel of the previous page.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Listening to 11.975MHz updated for the first time this year a few weeks ago.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Really, while that was awesome, my favorite thing about that page was "Mighty Eyebrows Boy!"

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Nope, Super Effective's still on the dome and helix fossils page.

• So, Gunnerkrigg.

Shit's getting real.

No kidding. It's been a long time since I've been really on the edge of my seat about non-MSPA webcomics.

Although speaking of which, shit is also getting real in Order of the Stick. I thought I'd be disappointed if the story went down the "the Oracle meant Belkar was going to become undead" route, but truly, what finer plot twist is there than "character X was actually a vampire all along"?

Indeed. And OotS updates are as regular as they've been in ages. There couldn't be a better time for it to pick up the pace.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

• Ava's Demon is a really good-looking comic, and it seems to be going somewhere interesting.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Since Gunnerkrigg Court has already been brought up, plugging Archipelago. Still waiting for The Meek and Dresden Codak to update.

• A question, do extremely slow updating webcomics put you people off? I know those two above take FOREVER to update, if at all.

Checked out Ava's Demon. Pretty interesting so far, though I think it could have afforded to preserve the mystery a bit longer. Though that's just how I'd have done it.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Since I'm not much of an avid webcomic reader, but check them out only every so often, no, slow-updating webcomics don't bother me.

Another Gunnerkrigg update.

Everyone hates Court Guy. Jones isn't even capable of hating, and she still hates Court Guy.

• edited 2013-02-22 21:06:07
    Poot dispenser here

The only ones I can proudly say that I like to read are Exterminatus Now, M!NiCR!T, Awkward Zombie, I Am ARG!, MGDMT, and You Suck.

...Actually, that's quite a fair bit.

• Never heard of any of those.

• Poot dispenser here

I only heard of EN, AZ, and MGDMT through TVT, and the other three I found through IRC.

• Sinfest has gone off the deep end. Damn.

• Well, it's been going down this path for a while.

So it's much less "sinking into the deeps" and more "walking down into the trench for a look-see".

So, Order of the Stick.

T_T

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

http://angelbeast-en.blogspot.com/

this probably became my favorite web manga.

• They're somethin' else.

@Sinfest

The premise seemed really interesting at first, and I'm a sucker for slutty succubi character designs. Such a shame the author had to sell it all for political wankery.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Just read what's been released of Ava's Demon.

Checked out Ava's Demon. Pretty interesting so far, though I think it could have afforded to preserve the mystery a bit longer. Though that's just how I'd have done it.

I don't think the mystery of who Ava's Demon is is the primary mystery in the series. What I wanna know is, what's up with everyone else, and how did the pact change Ava?

Blue guy's spirit entity seems to have been in Ava's book, so...

I know it's not, but it seemed at the start like it was going to be, and then suddenly it wasn't and I was like "wait wut."

It seemed pretty clear that it wasn't when green girl suddenly turned into a half-tree.

• edited 2013-03-11 01:32:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, yeah. But even then, I wasn't expecting it to just suddenly go "okay, here's the complete answer to that. Moving on to other stuff now."

This isn't a bad thing; the story just went in a radically different direction than I expected.

Well you did say "I think it could have afforded to preserve the mystery for longer". :|

Did I?

-scrolls up-

Yes I did.

All I have to say is that that was my initial reaction upon reading the comic, so probably not 20 minutes afterwards. I was probably still kind of jarred by the unexpected focus.

• Holy crap, Gunnerkrigg's fifth Treatise is amazing.

Also, Dr. McNinja: he ALMOST got away with it...