If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Icalasari's art

edited 2013-02-13 18:02:55 in Liveblogging
No rainbow star
I guess it's a liveblog maybe? *shrugs* All I know is that I want to keep it in one spot instead of scattered throughout the sketches thread (...especially considering how a lot of it isn't even remotely sketches)

So today we had to do a piece in class

Apoarently I am the only one batshit enough to melt chocolate down for an art piece

Sweet Chocolate Dreams
Size: 6' x 6' approx
Materials: Acrylic Paint, Chocolate, Soap on an untreated unstretched canvas

Comments

• MrWMrW
    edited 2013-02-13 18:21:19

Very... Pollock-ish.

And yeah, most of the stuff I put in the doodles thread these days aren't doodles at all, but I haven't really cared about that part.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You mean Pollock-ish, or was I summoned? =)

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Not sure if compliment or not
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You know what, here's the idea. Splat onto the fabric something that degrades quickly. I don't think if chocolate would do, I'd wager it too full of preservatives to rot or something. Then claim the art is in the change caused by the rotting process.

Speaking more seriously: well, it's a splat, I can't really say it's artistic or what if it looks like I can reproduce it by eating my soup messily. Nice pattern though, would make a decent decoration for, dunno, a pillow. I'm sorry, buddy, I guess I just don't get this kind of art.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Funny thing is that there is a tree shape in there. Also it's been a long time since I've done abstract art
  • No rainbow star
    Also the dark chocolate is over a month old and hadn't change a bit despite being exposed to air so it's probably better as a paint than as a food product in that sense...

Heh, now I can say "I knew it!" 'bout that chocolate. By the way, why chocolate? Are you, like, encouraged to do such things? 

BTW I hope I haven't been, like too offensive or something. 

• No rainbow star
    Lindtt dark chocolate

And yeah, the school encourages a variety of things

And you haven't been
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Should have bought Lindt milk chocolate with fruit filling

and eaten it

• No rainbow star
    Mmm the milk chocolate is so good...