If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When you tell a joke but fail to sense when others actually get it...

edited 2013-02-04 14:07:40 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...and end up explaining it and then looking like a doofus.

Comments

• Oh if you'd only seen that the joke was on you.

• I do this a lot. It's especially awkward when the joke includes an insult, because I always feel the need to explain it so they know I wasn't serious.

• Champion of the Whales

^

Does the concept of taking the piss not exist in America?

• I'm a damn twisted person
    It does, but it's easy to fuck it up. The "haha this is pretty funny guys I'm just kidding, but no seriously this situation is fucked up" is the hardest kind of humor to pull off.
  • No rainbow star

^ And here I thought it was as simple as, "Somebody shot themselves in the head? Must have blown them away!"

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Nah that's just for a punchline. The technique I went on about was more the way of insulting folks to their face while sounding like their biggest fan.
  • No rainbow star

Ah

I can't pull that off :<

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Y'all do know what I'm talking about, do you?  Or maybe you don't?

• No rainbow star
    "Oh, that's because x is y!"

*chuckles are a few seconds late. Interrupt because of this*

"...B-Because x and y are both z, but x is no... no where near... It's wordpl... Fuck I just killed the joke"
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm specifically talking about my cracking a joke about Mitt Romney being an ideal candidate for the Republicans in the upcoming special U.S. Senate election, and then failing to notice that people got it.